PDA

View Full Version : Camping

Geraint
04-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Is it me or do loads of people on MW2 camp? And I don't just mean lower levels, because even if they did I could understand but people who are higher levels do it just to get killstreak rewards. I mean fgs, why do people care so much(slighty hypocritical as I'm the one moaning but hey) about killstreak rewards or their k/d ratio. The games are way better when there's just two teams pegging it into each other and hoping you kill someone before you die.

dbgtz
04-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Yes my mate camps and I never play with him. He acts like hes great but hes not.

Nemo
04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Its annoying as hell, but so is when you're just about to kill someone and u line up a brilliant shot, then get shot in the back.

Geraint
04-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Its annoying as hell, but so is when you're just about to kill someone and u line up a brilliant shot, then get shot in the back.

That's also very annoying but at least the person is moving, which I appreciate.

Oleh
04-01-2010, 10:43 PM
I dont have any faults with campers, people say i camp i say i tactically defend and rotate between spots

I dont think your point about higher levels camping for rewards is valid, the aim of the game is kills... there decision is to camp yours should be to counter that and flank them

crazed
04-01-2010, 10:47 PM
I dont have any faults with campers, people say i camp i say i tactically defend and rotate between spots

I dont think your point about higher levels camping for rewards is valid, the aim of the game is kills... there decision is to camp yours should be to counter that and flank them

I'd agree with that on games such as S&D, but on TDM, come on. What's the point if you're just gonna sit there and wait for people to come. There's no fun in that.

samsaBEAR
05-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I'd agree with that on games such as S&D, but on TDM, come on. What's the point if you're just gonna sit there and wait for people to come. There's no fun in that.
agree. obviously if you're defending in objective games, you're going to have to camp the bomb site/flag.
having said that, i camp a little bit on hardcore tdm, but it's mainly only if i'm almost on my last killstreak

Black_Apalachi
05-01-2010, 05:15 AM
The thing I hate most about COD is when people complain about how people play, what weapons/equipment they use etc etc (I know I've done it, but still). If it's possible to do something in the game, then people can and will do it.

I don't really have as much of a problem with campers as other people seem to. Personally I love tactically taking them out, either by creeping up behind with a knife or a perfectly timed grenade through the window. Thinking back to the Wasteland map on MW2, I just love when people camp with snipers because you hear them from a mile off, see them on the radar and just flank them.

Besides, I'm probably guilty of camping now and again. Just depends what sort of strategies the enemies are using really. If they camp, I rush in. If they all run around like headless chickens, I'll hang back, probably find some cover and pick them off - suddenly this is camping?

Blinger1
05-01-2010, 06:50 AM
Just get over campers, they don't do anything wrong.

Geraint
05-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Think I can see who are the campers on here are then. Any of you play PS3? What's your names? Better remind myself not to play any of you if I see you.

Middlesbrough
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Well if you didnt keep going back to kill campers in their good spots they would stop campng, I camp or 'Defensivly play' if you want to make up some stupid name for it. Thats how MW2 is nao.

samsaBEAR
06-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Think I can see who are the campers on here are then. Any of you play PS3? What's your names? Better remind myself not to play any of you if I see you.

*REMOVED*

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't be rude to others

Oleh
06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
if you keep being killed by campers it's your own stupid fault for not being smart enough to counter them

I agree, campers are not the issue, its the fool who keeps going back and getting killed

PaulMacC
06-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Defensive play is often classified as camping because people usually use camping as a scapegoat to blame everything on. It's never it was my mistake its always something to do with the other player, the gun he's using, the perk, the tactic. A camper is honestly easy to combat, grenade easily solves the problem. Campers tend to be a dumb so stick a HBS on because they're obviously not rocking Ninja as dumb people dont.

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Defensive play is often classified as camping because people usually use camping as a scapegoat to blame everything on. It's never it was my mistake its always something to do with the other player, the gun he's using, the perk, the tactic. A camper is honestly easy to combat, grenade easily solves the problem. Campers tend to be a dumb so stick a HBS on because they're obviously not rocking Ninja as dumb people dont.

Exactly. Campers just make it easier because you already know where they are and you can even kill them and wait for them to come back to their camp spot.

Geraint
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
When the whole team camps and you're losing, you have no choice. When people have heartbeat sensors on, it's practically impossible. Grenade launches do the trick but the class I use doesn't have one as I prefer a silencer.

I don't always keep going back, it just means you can't go to that place which is annoying. Especially when your only way round a team is that way.

Blinger1
06-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I camped on MW2 because the Australian ping is horribly ****. You can have a whole game full of Australians and one American joins and then we have to migrate hosts to America because of that one American.

On MW1 I play normal, run around and kill everyone unless i'm sniping then i go between two or three spots.

AlexOC
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
I must say i used to camp (mw2 is my first cod :( ) especially in terminal, in that plane and kill em as they came up the ladders LOL. But now i just run around spraying.

Geraint
06-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I camped on MW2 because the Australian ping is horribly ****. You can have a whole game full of Australians and one American joins and then we have to migrate hosts to America because of that one American.

On MW1 I play normal, run around and kill everyone unless i'm sniping then i go between two or three spots.

Oh, if your sniping, then you've got to really. Can't really run round with a sniper so they're fine.

I do and quite a lot now have copped on to the ninja thing.

I must say i used to camp (mw2 is my first cod :( ) especially in terminal, in that plane and kill em as they came up the ladders LOL. But now i just run around spraying.

Oh, admittedly, when I first started I did a bit. It's my first one too and, as I said, I can understand why lower levels camp.

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Terminal plane campers are the best kind. They think they're so safe but I love owning them so much.

AlexOC
06-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Terminal plane campers are the best kind. They think they're so safe but I love owning them so much.

Yeh, i was scared as it was my first game online, wasn't too sure what was going on, i was sitting there aiming at the ladders then some little turd ran up the emergency slide and shot me. :(

Geraint
06-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Lying at the bottom of the plane is the worst camping place ever as you can see their head. Strange that you can though, because if you've ever laid down there, you're right at the back so I don't know how your head can be seen. :S

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Lying at the bottom of the plane is the worst camping place ever as you can see their head. Strange that you can though, because if you've ever laid down there, you're right at the back so I don't know how your head can be seen. :S

If you camp at the back, autofail cos of the gas canisters which can be blown up. If you camp in the cockpit, autofail cos I can just see them from the ground or building or wherever.

AlexOC
06-01-2010, 09:27 PM
If you camp at the back, autofail cos of the gas canisters which can be blown up. If you camp in the cockpit, autofail cos I can just see them from the ground or building or wherever.

Oh yeh, when my team took over the shaft of the plane i went into the cockpit and took our everyone in the main building and ontop of the building to the side of the plane. That was only for about 5 kills though.

Geraint
06-01-2010, 09:27 PM

You can't get there if the gas canisters are there though as there's no room. To get there you have to blow up the gas canisters.

samsaBEAR
06-01-2010, 11:59 PM
You can't get there if the gas canisters are there though as there's no room. To get there you have to blow up the gas canisters.

yes you can, but it's quite tricky to do

Chippiewill
07-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I don't really camp often but if people are coming right at me one after the other then I don't see a reason to move until they stop.

FlyingJesus
07-01-2010, 12:21 AM
I get bored camping on any game it's much better to bunnyhop around with a shotgun

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM

You can, or you can hide behind the seats near it or something.

I get bored camping on any game it's much better to bunnyhop around with a shotgun

I hate it when people jump around!! I never think to do it but it's really effective :P.

yido
07-01-2010, 10:23 AM
only reason i camp is to get nuke as i want the nuke emblem

Pyroka
07-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Tbh If you can't beat campers, join em :S

Accipiter
07-01-2010, 10:58 AM
some ****** tryed to say i was camping over xbl...

i was running around with marathon pro, lightweight pro and commando pro on knifing people. how the **** could that be camping.

And tbf, camping is the real life technique, go sign up for the army and do one across a field with 50 guns pointed at you, you'll be pretty damn ****** tbf. And they encourage it more because tbf, its more professional, with the riot shields and ghillie suits along with the larger ammount of kill streaks.

So complaining about camping kinda makes you the noob for running through any place, but seeing as your not really dieing irl you don't notice that factor to much. A war is about surviving and dominating.

samsaBEAR
07-01-2010, 11:28 AM

i was running around with marathon pro, lightweight pro and commando pro on knifing people. how the **** could that be camping.

And tbf, camping is the real life technique, go sign up for the army and do one across a field with 50 guns pointed at you, you'll be pretty damn ****** tbf. And they encourage it more because tbf, its more professional, with the riot shields and ghillie suits along with the larger ammount of kill streaks.

So complaining about camping kinda makes you the noob for running through any place, but seeing as your not really dieing irl you don't notice that factor to much. A war is about surviving and dominating.

this guy has a fair point

crazed
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM

True, but this isn't r.l it's a game where you respawn. Not asif you die on cod you die irl.

Then again, I've seen some kids..

Geraint
07-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't really camp often but if people are coming right at me one after the other then I don't see a reason to move until they stop.

yeah, fair enough and you can see it on the killcam when people see you and just wait for you, that's fair enough.

don't see the fun in camping myself. can't say i bunnyhop with a shotgun though.

only reason i camp is to get nuke as i want the nuke emblem

you don't need to camp to get a nuke. i've had a few and i've just got harriers hid and hope they get 4 kills then get a chopper gunner and hope everyone's outside.

Tbh If you can't beat campers, join em :S

then we'll have everyone doing it and games will end 0-0. campers boring and i refuse to lower myself.

okay then, we'll have two teams on invasion. one can hide behind the vehicles where you start and one can jump on the building where you start. this sould be fun....

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 03:10 PM

Init someone even messaged me after a match and said 'hide in your corners' I was like lolirl block communications.

And hahahaha imagine in an actual war, 'OMG CAMPERS :@ I'M NOT PLAYING!' :lol:

Geraint
07-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Init someone even messaged me after a match and said 'hide in your corners' I was like lolirl block communications.

And hahahaha imagine in an actual war, 'OMG CAMPERS :@ I'M NOT PLAYING!' :lol:

slightly different when it's real life and your life depends on it. this is game

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 06:31 PM
slightly different when it's real life and your life depends on it. this is game

So play it and stop complaining, is what I say.

Geraint
07-01-2010, 06:33 PM
So play it and stop complaining, is what I say.

hahahahahahah, hyopcrite.

Accipiter
07-01-2010, 07:26 PM
yeah its just a game...

with alot of the factors revolving around possible and real life situations...

and @ "okay then, we'll have two teams on invasion. one can hide behind the vehicles where you start and one can jump on the building where you start. this sould be fun...."

Because theirs no such thing as pushing forward?

Geraint
07-01-2010, 07:28 PM
yeah its just a game...

with alot of the factors revolving around possible and real life situations...

and @ "okay then, we'll have two teams on invasion. one can hide behind the vehicles where you start and one can jump on the building where you start. this sould be fun...."

Because theirs no such thing as pushing forward?

according to your brilliant logic, in real-life everyone camps so, no.

Accipiter
07-01-2010, 07:37 PM
irl everyone does camp. But camping can resort to moving around...

ecstasy
07-01-2010, 07:58 PM
why are you even having this discussion, real life war and call of duty are two completely different things

PaulMacC
07-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Someone invited me to a lobby and I got 750k XP a kill.
Im 10th prestige now lol

Accipiter
07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
why are you even having this discussion, real life war and call of duty are two completely different things

a game based around real life situations, aka call of duty based around (possible) real life wars. Play the campaign and spec ops and you'll see that it encourages camping...

Coheed&Cambria
07-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Someone invited me to a lobby and I got 750k XP a kill.
Im 10th prestige now lol

PM me there gamertag please =D

PaulMacC
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
PM me there gamertag please =D
Their JTAG'd console got console banned. I got extremely lucky getting into it.
People usually make you pay $30 each. I got into the lobby with a dumb-ass kid who thought he wasn't getting banned, luckily I invited Bren and Josh and they got to 10th too.

Geraint
07-01-2010, 11:08 PM
a game based around real life situations, aka call of duty based around (possible) real life wars. Play the campaign and spec ops and you'll see that it encourages camping...

which is against the computer.

just like on fifa, you don't play the same against the computer as you do against real people.

Accipiter
07-01-2010, 11:29 PM
i agree its more intense via the cpu on spec ops but the same technique can be used in multiplayer aslong as you predict the noob coming back to "pwn this camper" direction you'll just kill them again...

and at "lol im at 10th prestige dude"

welldone, you will now be bored of it and never play on it again after a week of showing the prestige off, Congrats :)

Black_Apalachi
08-01-2010, 09:08 AM
hahahahahahah, hyopcrite.

Well done, I admitted that in my first post or something :eusa_clap.

AlexOC
08-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Awwwwww..

I wanna get to 10th prestige :(

PaulMacC
08-01-2010, 04:10 PM
i agree its more intense via the cpu on spec ops but the same technique can be used in multiplayer aslong as you predict the noob coming back to "pwn this camper" direction you'll just kill them again...

and at "lol im at 10th prestige dude"

welldone, you will now be bored of it and never play on it again after a week of showing the prestige off, Congrats :)
I dont think I'll get bored of playing a game I get paid money to play :)

ecstasy
08-01-2010, 04:55 PM
I dont think I'll get bored of playing a game I get paid money to play :)
So you keep telling us :rolleyes:

PaulMacC
08-01-2010, 04:59 PM
So you keep telling us :rolleyes:
I dont care. It is a valid response. I'll say it as many times as someone trys to insult me for being sad or anything else for playing this game or the way I play this game.

ecstasy
08-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Suppose it does shut them up

Accipiter
08-01-2010, 06:08 PM
you make reviews and videos do you not?

you've not getting the full experience and your getting paid for it, that pretty much fails.

PaulMacC
08-01-2010, 06:15 PM
you make reviews and videos do you not?

you've not getting the full experience and your getting paid for it, that pretty much fails.
Nope, I get paid for playing the game and uploading videos of it.
How am I not getting the full experience of it, I was staying at prestige 5 regardless of anything, someone offers me 10th for free I'm going to take it. Your probably just angry you didn't get into one.

samsaBEAR
08-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Nope, I get paid for playing the game and uploading videos of it.
How am I not getting the full experience of it, I was staying at prestige 5 regardless of anything, someone offers me 10th for free I'm going to take it. Your probably just angry you didn't get into one.

i don't really care if you earn money playing this, but don't you think cheating to get 10th prestige is sad? when i eventually hit it i'm gonna feel like i've actually accomplished something

Accipiter
08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
not really jealous when i haven't played on it in around 3 weeks tbf...

and i agree with samsa that i'd rather do it the good old way and feel like i've actually accomplished something

J0SH
08-01-2010, 06:46 PM
i don't really care if you earn money playing this, but don't you think cheating to get 10th prestige is sad? when i eventually hit it i'm gonna feel like i've actually accomplished something

How's it sad? Investing the time to get to 10th prestige would be "sad"

He does gameplays which he gets payed for, atleast now he has a wide variety of guns and such, and he doesn't have to lose them now so he can mix it up if he wants. Stop being jealous. :S

Accipiter
08-01-2010, 06:59 PM
and getting to level 5 prestige wasn't a waste of time? I'd rather play it over the years and get to it. + its more fun when you can restart a prestige again.

J0SH
08-01-2010, 07:18 PM
and getting to level 5 prestige wasn't a waste of time? I'd rather play it over the years and get to it. + its more fun when you can restart a prestige again.

No, it's tideous after a while, hence why when Paul was offered an oppurtinity to get 10th prestige in under 10 minutes he jumped to it. You've got no logic.

Accipiter
08-01-2010, 07:25 PM
or i just find it more fun when you can keep earning weapons back? rather than hitting a boring brick wall your forced to stay at...

PaulMacC
08-01-2010, 07:37 PM
No, because I was staying at 4th prestige. Someone basically offered me something for free that takes 5 minutes and I accepted it.

Plus, all the weapons in this game are exactly the same. 2-3 bullets will kill unlike in Call of Duty 4 where guns took 2-10 bullets to kill depending on it.

adaym
08-01-2010, 08:25 PM
i don't even play mw2 so my opinion is unbiased but if you're allowed to camp and it proves a positive strategy then i see no problem with it.

FlipThisText
09-01-2010, 07:19 PM
the way most ppl level up is CAMPING, its for noobs but it works

PaulMacC
09-01-2010, 08:15 PM
the way most ppl level up is CAMPING, its for noobs but it works
My friend SeaNanners camps like a ***** but he has a 4.93 KD. Hardly a noob.

Jibbish
09-01-2010, 11:37 PM
the army camp in real life...

Fez
09-01-2010, 11:55 PM
There's nothing wrong doing the legit way to get to 10th prestige, there really is a good sense you've accomplished something. It's not sad, it's just playing a game you love.

Can't stand MW2 anyway so I don't care.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!