PDA

View Full Version : Just upgraded my contract

Flisker
06-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Hey all :)

I've just upgraded my contract from £15 (24 month) contract with an N95 to a £35 (18 month) contract with a BlackBerry 8900 Curve.

Although it has no 3G I think the phone is going to be a solid upgrade but I will see how that pans out since I could never really use the internet on my N95 as I didn't have a unlimited data plan.

With the BlackBerry I get the following contract plan:

200 Minutes
600 Texts
Unlimited Data Usage (BlackBerry addon thing)
18 months and I get the phone free.

Thoughts and any tips and/or tricks I should know about the BlackBerry?

Sunny.
06-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I got the curve on, 600mins, ultd txt, unltd internet.

Its the best phone I have ever owned to date. Great little features. When you think you know everything about the phone, another feature will pop up which you've never seen. Its truly a very good phone.

Known problems are the freezing. Tht can be due to high loads of messages or history, call logs etc.

Theres some cool apps, try ColorID - its a goodd app, I use it so that when I get a phone callthe LED light @ the front flashes in 10 different colours in a disco light effect. Very trendy

Flisker
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Hmm the freezing problem will surely be sorted in a new firmware update I guess cos on my nokia, I currently have over 1,200 text messages in my inbox starting from 2008 :P

I'm happy that it is on its way to me since I've always needed a phone with a full QWERTY keyboard.

Recursion
06-01-2010, 02:59 PM
After using a hardware keyboard on a phone you'll wonder why you ever used the onscreen/number pad :P

Flisker
08-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Got my phone now and first impressions is that it's faster than my N95 with a lot of good apps in AppWorld.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!