PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please explain free kicks on FIFA?

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 03:52 PM
I haven't been able to score a free kick since FIFA 05. I can position and curl it fairly easily, but if I try to put any sort of power into the shot, it flies over the bar.

I was playing against some **** person before, I was ripping them to shreds with possession and passing (and I'm not even very good) but then he got a free kick with Ronaldo and just blasted it into the bottom-left corner! :S

Basically, how do you do a low driven shot?

Cheers xx

Oleh
06-01-2010, 07:48 PM
LB isnt it?

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 08:13 PM
I've tried holding down various things like that as you shoot.

AlexOC
06-01-2010, 09:24 PM
In FIFA 10 the freekicks have changed. In 09 you could hold LB/L1 and just tap shoot and it would fly into the bottom corner, now if you do that on 10 he kicks it about 10 inches in front of him. Put about 1 bar on a LB/L1 driven freekick to hit bottom corner, 2 bars for medium, and about 3 for a powerful high one. And to curly one in, its better to curl it over and around the wall by holding the analog stick top-left when aiming just right of the wall and place about 1 bar of power on it, if you dont add down spin aswell its flys over.

And just keep experimenting on practice mode, after about 3 goes you should have the hang of power.

Geraint
06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
If it's near line of the box and in the middle or there-abouts aim for the keeper's side and press L1 and chuck the power right up. Keeper doesn't react quick enough and you normally score.

I rarely score the myself. Can score if they're pretty close and might get the odd blaster into the top corner. Used to be easier but hey, they're not meant to easy. On 07, they had that bar that went up then you pressed x when it came back down and had to get it in the little rectangle bit. On 05, I always used to score Roberto Carlos blaster from about 45 yards.

Robbinz
06-01-2010, 11:03 PM
well i go by the power bar has like section i count each section as 10 so if is like 35 yards i would try get it around 3 1/2 and hold up the down the left stick

Blinger1
06-01-2010, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXcH_yXrwGI

watch and learn.

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGuNfOmuxro&feature=related

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 09:36 AM
In FIFA 10 the freekicks have changed. In 09 you could hold LB/L1 and just tap shoot and it would fly into the bottom corner, now if you do that on 10 he kicks it about 10 inches in front of him. Put about 1 bar on a LB/L1 driven freekick to hit bottom corner, 2 bars for medium, and about 3 for a powerful high one. And to curly one in, its better to curl it over and around the wall by holding the analog stick top-left when aiming just right of the wall and place about 1 bar of power on it, if you dont add down spin aswell its flys over.

And just keep experimenting on practice mode, after about 3 goes you should have the hang of power.

I was on practice mode for a bit and still couldn't get the hang of it consistently.

If it's near line of the box and in the middle or there-abouts aim for the keeper's side and press L1 and chuck the power right up. Keeper doesn't react quick enough and you normally score.

I rarely score the myself. Can score if they're pretty close and might get the odd blaster into the top corner. Used to be easier but hey, they're not meant to easy. On 07, they had that bar that went up then you pressed x when it came back down and had to get it in the little rectangle bit. On 05, I always used to score Roberto Carlos blaster from about 45 yards.

Yeah it was like that on 05 and I could score from anywhere! Since then though, the closest I've came is when I hit the bar with Ronaldinho on 06 :P. Didn't play 07 or 08 I don't think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXcH_yXrwGI

watch and learn.

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGuNfOmuxro&feature=related

Watched videos before but didn't help :(.

Anyway thanks everyone, I'll try the suggestions in a bit when I get on it. +rep where I can xx

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah forgot to say, I went on it before and practised a little bit then in my first game I scored a free kick with Gerrard - wasn't even in the corner and it megged the keeper!!! :D Was an epic game too, ended up losing on penos (dived the correct way every time but keeper just never reaches :S). In the next game I scored a sweet little curler as well :D.

People just quit the game whenever I'm winning though ;l

AlexOC
07-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Oh yeah forgot to say, I went on it before and practised a little bit then in my first game I scored a free kick with Gerrard - wasn't even in the corner and it megged the keeper!!! :D Was an epic game too, ended up losing on penos (dived the correct way every time but keeper just never reaches :S). In the next game I scored a sweet little curler as well :D.

People just quit the game whenever I'm winning though ;l

They quit before your just too good!! :P

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 06:07 PM
lol nah i hardly ever win. i only score when torres gets away in acres of space and does a good finish. most of the time even his first touch is awful though :/

Gangster
08-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Hold the up button while your taking it :)

Black_Apalachi
08-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Hold the up button while your taking it :)

On the d-pad? I'm sure I've tried that but thanks anyway I'll try it again next time :).

Gangster
08-01-2010, 12:28 PM
On the d-pad? I'm sure I've tried that but thanks anyway I'll try it again next time :).
Whatever you use to move around.

AlexOC
08-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Whatever you use to move around.

The anolag stick?

This would only be useful on a non-driven ** over the wall.

Gangster
08-01-2010, 01:17 PM
The anolag stick?

This would only be useful on a non-driven ** over the wall.
I score doing this 9 times outta ten.

AlexOC
08-01-2010, 01:19 PM
I score doing this 9 times outta ten.

Well i score 10/10 doing it my way!!

SO THEREEEEE!

Gangster
08-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Well i score 10/10 doing it my way!!

SO THEREEEEE!
So you've NEVER missed a free kick?

AlexOC
08-01-2010, 01:27 PM
So you've NEVER missed a free kick?

Never ever in the whole wide world. Ever.

a few times

Gangster
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Never ever in the whole wide world. Ever.

a few times
So it's not 10/10 then.

AlexOC
08-01-2010, 01:42 PM
So it's not 10/10 then.

about 789 / 797

Gangster
08-01-2010, 01:44 PM
about 789 / 797
Have you been keeping count?

AlexOC
08-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Have you been keeping count?

nope, just a vague guess.

Black_Apalachi
08-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Holding Up just made it fly over the bar. I think I've got the knack for it now generally though. When you're hitting them along the floor you need to use loads of power but when you're hitting it through the air, the slightest bit of power sends it to the sky :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!