PDA

View Full Version : Iphone vs Blackberry

Pix
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Which one do you prefer and why :D

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I haven't owned either personally, but I like the look of iPhones at lot more than I used to, and I think BlackBerrys look horrible even though everybody I know has them.

HotelUser
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
This is a joke, right? The iPhone has a better touch screen (or a touchscreen depending on which crapberry) A nicer looking interface, a better OS, more games, more applications or is it just that the app store makes it easy to get them, the web browser is better.

Crapberry might be Canadian, but I'm still going to choose the iPhone over it anyday. Heck, I'd take Windows mobile 5.0 over the blackberry.

Pix
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Id only prefer blackberrys because i dislike touch phones

Black_Apalachi
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Tbf, aren't iPhones much more expensive though?

AgnesIO
06-01-2010, 09:25 PM
This thread is like saying 'HTC Hero or Nokia'

One is a make and one is a model.

Markeh
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I'd go with iPhone, but hear me out first.

Not because they're a status symbol. Because they're quite good for social networking, and the App Store allows for expandability in the functions of it. But the camera sucks.

Blackberry's look gorgeous, and I'd buy one in a heartbeat, but I'd go for the iPhone due to my prior experience with an iTouch.

AgnesIO
06-01-2010, 09:33 PM
I would go that far about gorgeous mark lol.

http://www.att-cellphones.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/att-blackberry-curve-8320-photo.jpg

Arch
06-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Personally i dont rly like iphones or blackberrys lmaoo but if i had to pick id prob chose iphone as i dont like blackberry buttons although i wouldnt like a touch screen keyboard all the time

HotelUser
06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Personally i dont rly like iphones or blackberrys lmaoo but if i had to pick id prob chose iphone as i dont like blackberry buttons although i wouldnt like a touch screen keyboard all the time

it's all about the os. Apple has one and crapberry's is, for lack of better words complete and utter crap.

Eoin
06-01-2010, 09:55 PM
i bought a blackberry on the fact that the iphone looked like it would break easily.
blackberrys look a bit more robust you know what i mean?

iLogan
06-01-2010, 11:06 PM
iPhone for creativeness
Blackberry for business.

Alkaz
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I prefer the blackberry. I find it alot easier for texting, emails etc and for what I use it for - a phone, it keeps things what I consider alot more organised and I can quiet easily use it. The only reason I got the BLACKberry over the iphone was because I had the ipod touch, no regrets there. It does annoy me when people say about its got a better OS and all that but its just personal preferance.

Like saying to someone, what do you prefer, tomato sauce or mayo. One might like one and not the other and vise versa.

+ Blackberrys are pretty robust, mine goes everywere, the beach in with my keys, money, it gets slinged here there and everywere and it works fine and I am not that bothered about it being a tiny bit scratched cause you dont really notice it and its not touch ;)

HotelUser
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
I prefer the blackberry. I find it alot easier for texting, emails etc and for what I use it for - a phone, it keeps things what I consider alot more organised and I can quiet easily use it. The only reason I got the BLACKberry over the iphone was because I had the ipod touch, no regrets there. It does annoy me when people say about its got a better OS and all that but its just personal preferance.

Like saying to someone, what do you prefer, tomato sauce or mayo. One might like one and not the other and vise versa.

+ Blackberrys are pretty robust, mine goes everywere, the beach in with my keys, money, it gets slinged here there and everywere and it works fine and I am not that bothered about it being a tiny bit scratched cause you dont really notice it and its not touch ;)

Fair comments Joe. I say it's limited because with mine I couldn't personalize my main screen as easily, I found the web browser sucked and the interface was annoying to navigate around with, and ugly:P. Platforms like iPhone OS and Android have very customizable screens, multitouch support and a heck of a lot more and better apps. I think crapberry and windows mobile are old news now. I just can't see them being competitors 5 or even 2 years from now.

Flisker
07-01-2010, 12:20 AM
it's all about the os. Apple has one and crapberry's is, for lack of better words complete and utter crap.
This feels like a Vista and OS X debate but for mobiles.

---

I've just ordered my BlackBerry today and it is on its way to me and I have an iPod Touch.

To be honest if you like eye candy, music, pictures and videos, iPhone
If you like functionality and more business like functions, BlackBerry

Recursion
07-01-2010, 07:15 AM

You've used the word 'crap' about 10 times in the last page.

MrGazet
07-01-2010, 09:06 PM
iphone cause of the aps

blackberry is hard for me to navigate :(

Alkaz
07-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Blackberrys been around longer than the iphone and phones with buttons have been around for ever compared to touch screens, your a techno man dave, i guess thats why.

Nli.
07-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I prefer the iPhone even though I've never used the blackberry so I'm being biased, but I seem to think you get what you pay for with the iPhone as you probably won't need to buy another phone for a good few years maybe? where as with other phones such as Sony Ericsson they bring out new phones every 3-6 months, and people like to stay up to date.

MrGazet
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM
i love iphone but itd be better if dey got keyboard

Alkaz
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
iPhones really so far have been quiet poor, they was hyped up so much and when people actually got them they were total rubbish and the two models since havnt been brilliant either. Makes me lol how people just say iphone and have never properly experienced a blackberry.

HotelUser
08-01-2010, 11:22 AM
This feels like a Vista and OS X debate but for mobiles.

---

I've just ordered my BlackBerry today and it is on its way to me and I have an iPod Touch.

To be honest if you like eye candy, music, pictures and videos, iPhone
If you like functionality and more business like functions, BlackBerry

The Blackberry OS lacks certain functionality which the iPhone has. The iPhone vs Blackberry OS comparison shouldn't of even have been posted because it's common sense. iPhone OS wins in videos, music, gaming, web browsing, third party dev apps. The only thing the blackberry has over the iPhone is PIN messaging, which not many owners know about, because like most "features" in the OS due to the makemyeyesbleed UI you can't find it. And then you buy a new blackberry with a "BRAND NEW" and revised UI, and they've moved everything around and made everything more laggy, and then the blackberry after that's gonna' have another new UI because their old BRAND NEW UI still sucked.

iPhones really so far have been quiet poor, they was hyped up so much and when people actually got them they were total rubbish and the two models since havnt been brilliant either. Makes me lol how people just say iphone and have never properly experienced a blackberry.

If they've been total rubbish why have they completely changed the mobile device industry. In 5 years I wont even be calling my phone a phone anymore, because Apple got the wheels turning with the iPhone. Before Apple came along smartphones sucked. Windows Mobile, Palm OS and blackberry all failed miserably with their horrible touch support, small screen limitations, fail software, not even threaded SMS. Don't even get me started on bad web browsing was. Complete and utter joke. And I'm not an iPhone guy, I'm a G1 Android user. You could have been comparing the Blackberry to Windows Mobile and I would have said winmo wins. To me comparing the Blackberry to any other device is just like comparing advil with tylenol. You just don't.

manabadaman
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
i started with an iphone (first generation) then all the girls i know had blackberrys and they said get one and use the blackberry chat, so i bought the curve and it was going well but i got bored of it easily and now i'm back to the iphone 3g. but i think once you've had a iphone you can't go back!

Black_Apalachi
08-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I know one or two people who have an iPhone and about 7 or 8 who have BlackBerrys but I still like the look of the iPhone a lot more :P. I never like spending a lot of money on things lots of other people (who I know) have anyway.

colourpot
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
I have an iphone myself and ive had it since March 09 and tbh im getting bored off it, my contract runs out in september and i cant wait. I love the phone to bits but im getting bored now. Alot of my friends have blackberrys and i've been on them messing around and i really like them. I wouldnt wanna say which one is better because i think their both the same, about the money anyway, if you have it on contract, im sure with blackberry you dont get unlimited internet? (someone correct me if im wrong) but you do with the iphone, i mean im on o2 and i know its unlimited on o2 and not too sure about tesco/orange but i surpose it matters what you use most.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!