PDA

View Full Version : Security Measures

AgnesIO
06-01-2010, 09:36 PM
How comes all these security measures always get enfored AFTER an attempted bomb attack. I mean they always end up calming it down a few months later, then another plane/train/town/city/bus is bombed.

If the goverment gives a damn, surely they should enforce security when it happens - before anyone has a chance to try and kill people.

xxMATTGxx
06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
How comes all these security measures always get enfored AFTER an attempted bomb attack. I mean they always end up calming it down a few months later, then another plane/train/town/city/bus is bombed.

If the goverment gives a damn, surely they should enforce security when it happens - before anyone has a chance to try and kill people.

The naked-body scanners if you want to call them that was in trial in the UK at Manchester Airport. I'm sure that they were going to expand them to other airports but after this attempted attack on Christmas Day, I think they pushed the dates forward. But I do admit, these things need to be in-place beforehand but it always happens like this. Just look at 9/11.

Jordy
06-01-2010, 11:10 PM
The naked-body scanners if you want to call them that was in trial in the UK at Manchester Airport. I'm sure that they were going to expand them to other airports but after this attempted attack on Christmas Day, I think they pushed the dates forward. But I do admit, these things need to be in-place beforehand but it always happens like this. Just look at 9/11.Yeah it's a shame really, in October we even had a debate saying they should introduce these body scanners, it's not like there was a small chance of a terrorist attack.

And why are they only just starting on Yemen? I'm no expert on world terrorism but I've known for many years now it's been a safe haven for Al Qaeda which no one has done anything about, the same goes for Somalia.

Eoin
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
thats it with with the government, it usually takes a fatality before something is done.

-:Undertaker:-
07-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah it's a shame really, in October we even had a debate saying they should introduce these body scanners, it's not like there was a small chance of a terrorist attack.

And why are they only just starting on Yemen? I'm no expert on world terrorism but I've known for many years now it's been a safe haven for Al Qaeda which no one has done anything about, the same goes for Somalia.

The money spent in Yemen will only go to corruption in that country, its the same anywhere. Its as much use as throwing it down a well.

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Exactly. Like after the London bombings everyone was scared of travelling on public transport, but now nobody is phased. The risks of another bomb being planted on a bus today are the same as the week after 7/7 (OK, maybe the current weather might alter this statement, but you know what I mean :P). Security should be consistent at whatever level is necessary to keep people safe.

Ardemax
07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
It's a good thing that we're actually doing something about it, but let's be honest, nobody is a mind reader and '01 shocked the world as it opened a whole new opportunity for Islamic extremists and terrorism.

alexxxxx
07-01-2010, 04:55 PM
The money spent in Yemen will only go to corruption in that country, its the same anywhere. Its as much use as throwing it down a well.

if you throw money down a well, eventually it gets to a level where you can take it out again. probably more useful than yemen where it'll get lost.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!