PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the world will end in 2012?

Richie
06-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey,
I'm assuming there is a thread on this topic already but I can't seem to find it and if I do post in the old thread (if there is one) it will most likely be out of date, bumping it will get it closed.

Well I was looking up some interesting stuff about 'why the world will end in 2012?' and I found this (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=629455). Reading all of that in some way convinced me to believe the world will end in 2012. I might sound a little bit strange by thinking like this but I really can't wait until 2012. Some of you may be thinking "Your weird, you want to die" I don't want to die. However I want to see if the world really will end and if the Mayans are correct again. I really want to see what will happen if the world does end, will we feel the pain of dying? I find it interesting.

Personally I think some people are too scared to admit that it is possible. For giving my view on this agreeing that I think the world will end in 2012 is going to leave allot of negative comments, which I don't mind everyones entitled to their own opinion. All I ask is that you respect my view like I respect yours.

If the world does end, in millions of years could it be created again?
What do you think?

jackass
06-01-2010, 11:07 PM
No, it won't end.

xxMATTGxx
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't believe for one second it will end like they say it will in 2012. Why?

The following:

"Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012. Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012."

~ NASA.

Alkaz
06-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Unless someone who someone else knows has a big red button they are going to press and destroy the planet, who the hell can predict the world will end. Pathetic.

-Heart
06-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, the world could end on December 21st 2012. The world could also end on February 17th 2011. It could also end on October 25th 2086, or maybe even January 4th 2054.

You never know. It's highly unlikely, and I personally think that it almost certainly won't happen - but there's always, a chance.

Blinger1
06-01-2010, 11:44 PM
If it does end, i know i'll die being 21 :)

Eoin
06-01-2010, 11:46 PM
maybe its not the world thats gonna end, maybe its the end of the human race?

xxMATTGxx
06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
maybe its not the world thats gonna end, maybe its the end of the human race?

And what is going to kill us all, a nuke or something from space?

Blinger1
06-01-2010, 11:48 PM
North or South Korea.. Or the Russians trying to prove a point -.-'

Glitter
06-01-2010, 11:48 PM
lol no, it definitely won;t.

Richie
07-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Yeah, the world could end on December 21st 2012. The world could also end on February 17th 2011. It could also end on October 25th 2086, or maybe even January 4th 2054.

You never know. It's highly unlikely, and I personally think that it almost certainly won't happen - but there's always, a chance.

Good point however I highly doubt this was a random guess.

Thousands of years ago the Mayans managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out.These same people also predict that the world will end on December 21, 2012.

GommeInc
07-01-2010, 01:42 AM
"The Mayan's predicted it" is aload of horse crap, they never actually said it would end, they just ran out of wall to make a calendar. Besides, would you really want to believe a race that never saw its own demise? :P There's no logical reason for them to actually "predict" it, they never had the resources to look up at the sky in great detail (suspected object to hit the earth being one idea), nor were they believed to be mind readers, psychic or so forth. Again, this points back at "if they were so clever, why did their system fall apart? They were no cleverer than modern man, they couldn't hold a civilisation together if it bit them on bum :/

Gullable
07-01-2010, 07:27 AM
21.12.2012 is when the mayan calendar ends and just starts again, the world wont end, sheesh kebab.

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Oh hell noooo, you did not make this thread! :P

Jahova
07-01-2010, 10:29 AM
No. We are safe and sound.

Ardemax
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
no it's a load of bull

-:Undertaker:-
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
North or South Korea.. Or the Russians trying to prove a point -.-'

North Korea only has a few nuclear weapons which are very weak and they don't have the missiles to deliver them, if they did fire however many they have (3 or so & which they'd need the missiles to carry them) they would instantly be shot down by NATO. Meanwhile South Korea has no nuclear weapons.

I don't believe the world will end, wasn't it supposed to end last year aswell?

GommeInc
07-01-2010, 02:36 PM
It's constantly meant to end :P 2000 is a prime example of computers killing us pointlessly :P The Maya are probably spinning in their shallow graves wondering why people are misinterpreting them :P Like God, I bet he's wondering why people are praying. He only wrote a novel-come-self-hep-book like Harry Potter and the whole world goes crazy! Poor beggar :P

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 03:01 PM
... I don't believe the world will end, wasn't it supposed to end last year aswell?

It's constantly meant to end :P 2000 is a prime example of computers killing us pointlessly :P The Maya are probably spinning in their shallow graves wondering why people are misinterpreting them :P Like God, I bet he's wondering why people are praying. He only wrote a novel-come-self-hep-book like Harry Potter and the whole world goes crazy! Poor beggar :P

I'm pretty sure it was meant to end on numerous occasions. Didn't Nostradamus predict it to happen on some date that has now passed?

To be honest, I don't know much about this Mayan thing but from the little I've read, all this hype is based on the fact they successfully predicted something to do with the moon to within a few seconds so therefore their prediction on this must be accurate. Even if the two things can be somehow related (the behaviour of the moon vs something that may or may not happen n the future :S), whoever follows that sort of logic needs to wake up. Science doesn't work by relying on one-off occurrences.

GommeInc
07-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm pretty sure it was meant to end on numerous occasions. Didn't Nostradamus predict it to happen on some date that has now passed?

To be honest, I don't know much about this Mayan thing but from the little I've read, all this hype is based on the fact they successfully predicted something to do with the moon to within a few seconds so therefore their prediction on this must be accurate. Even if the two things can be somehow related (the behaviour of the moon vs something that may or may not happen n the future :S), whoever follows that sort of logic needs to wake up. Science doesn't work by relying on one-off occurrences.
Pretty much the logic, despite modern man being able to find things out as fact or near-to accurate is beyond the conspirators. I'm sure you'd agree, finding out the distance in time between the moon in an accuracy of just under a few seconds, is nothing compared to how poorly they failed their civilisation(s). The Maya supposedly got bored of the system in place, and opted for disbanding and moving back into the forests in seperate groups (only read part of the story, got bored :P)

-Heart
07-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Good point however I highly doubt this was a random guess.
Neither do I, I think there must of been some work on this involved to come up with this date but I do still believe that anything could happen, any time.

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Pretty much the logic, despite modern man being able to find things out as fact or near-to accurate is beyond the conspirators. I'm sure you'd agree, finding out the distance in time between the moon in an accuracy of just under a few seconds, is nothing compared to how poorly they failed their civilisation(s). The Maya supposedly got bored of the system in place, and opted for disbanding and moving back into the forests in seperate groups (only read part of the story, got bored :P)

I don't even understand the moon measurement. It's a measurement of distance, but it's written as time?

Meree.
07-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I cannot be bothered to go into detail about this once again. But i'll just say no, I don't think it will end in 2012. For one, every couple of years they say it will on a certain date, at a certain time. And what does it do? It doesn't happen, thats what. It's ridiculous. They need to stop making assumptions.

xxMATTGxx
07-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Q: Does the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
A: Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar.

I don't think it will be ending anytime soon, not with this rumor anyway.

[Jay]
09-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Anything could happen you never know, it will most likley be a nuke if it does happen.
Some of the evidence is pretty strong to be honest it an intresting theory.

Gullable
09-01-2010, 08:26 PM
;6228572']Anything could happen you never know, it will most likley be a nuke if it does happen.
Some of the evidence is pretty strong to be honest it an intresting theory.

the evidence is strong? have you even read up on it at all? sorry but its not going to happen, or else they would of told us.

Dan2nd
09-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I personally don't think it will however...

If the world is going to end on December 21st 2012 in the way a lot of people seem to think (such as the Earth's crust shifting,tsunamis, planet 'x' coliding with the Earth etc) I doubt one minute the world will be normal like it is today and all of a sudden over night it will be like hell on Earth. I think it'll be safe to assume if a planet is going to collide with ours we'll be able to see something in the sky a long time before and I'm not an expert but surely if there was going to be a major polar shift on the Earth there will be early signs of that aswell?

Also a lot of people who think 'something' will happen in 2012 don't think it will be the end but actually a change in the way we live.

A famous scientist from the U.S Michio Kaku who often dares to research areas of science seen as 'fiction' and has risked his career at times even thinks it's all rubbish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCPn6Tyqr7I

Janet Snakehole
09-01-2010, 09:38 PM
i think anything could happen, however i believe that 2010 is one of those silly rumors that definitely won't happen.

Richie
10-01-2010, 07:47 AM
the evidence is strong? have you even read up on it at all? sorry but its not going to happen, or else they would of told us.

Why would they tell us? to have the world panic for the 2 years that are left?

DrLacero
10-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Why would they tell us? to have the world panic for the 2 years that are left?

It would be unethical to not say a word, scientists generally aren't unethical.

Sod all will happen, maybe a few crazy people will commit suicide in hilarious ways, but nothing catastrophic. Penn & Teller did an episode of ********! about it, which was entertaining.

[Jay]
10-01-2010, 11:16 AM
It would be unethical to not say a word, scientists generally aren't unethical.

Sod all will happen, maybe a few crazy people will commit suicide in hilarious ways, but nothing catastrophic. Penn & Teller did an episode of ********! about it, which was entertaining.

If we were told we have 2 years....evryone will go crazy and kill eachother by 2012 and it turns out thats what ends the world, them telling us lol.

Gullable
11-01-2010, 06:22 PM
do nasa lie?
tbh if it was true, which it aint, they would'nt be able to keep it a secret it would come out soon enough that it is true and it is going to end, scientists say its not true and so do nasa:rolleyes:

leah
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
that's ridiculous saying the world will end in a certain year. The planet is functioning fine except for climate change and that won't have the world ended in the next 2 years.

[Jay]
11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
do nasa lie?
tbh if it was true, which it aint, they would'nt be able to keep it a secret it would come out soon enough that it is true and it is going to end, scientists say its not true and so do nasa:rolleyes:
Pfftt nasa lied about the moon landing and your saying do they lie. There aint no air in space the flag should not be moving!

You cant just say its not going to happen because scientists say so? Some scientists said the world was gona end when they turned on that partical excellirator thing and it didnt. Thier not always right.

Also this thing is not based around what science say. Its based on evidence which up until now has been very strong. That calander has predict alot of stuff.

Pix
11-01-2010, 07:12 PM
its like saying will liverpool ever win the league again

Richie
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM
that's ridiculous saying the world will end in a certain year. The planet is functioning fine except for climate change and that won't have the world ended in the next 2 years.

Ice age, Yes I know the weather is not that bad, but we haven't had bad weather like this since 1966, well in Dublin anyway. Massive change has happened this year with the climate, what's saying it can't get even worse. Leah but away your hairspray cans your killing us ;l

Black_Apalachi
11-01-2010, 08:14 PM
its like saying will liverpool ever win the league again

we'll just wait for the rest of yous to catch up init xoxoxox

What are you all expecting to happen exactly? The only way the world can "end" is if it's hit by a meteorite that is considerably large and things like that are spotted long before they get anyway way near us. So if it were to happen, Nasa would spot it, calculate it's course and how long it will take to reach us, and we'd all know about it.

DrLacero
11-01-2010, 08:49 PM
;6234028']Pfftt nasa lied about the moon landing and your saying do they lie. There aint no air in space the flag should not be moving!

:eusa_wall In all the videos where the flag moves, one of the astronauts is in contact with it.

;6234028']You cant just say its not going to happen because scientists say so? Some scientists said the world was gona end when they turned on that partical excellirator thing and it didnt. Thier not always right.

No scientists said the LHC would end the world, that was speculation and mis-quotation.

;6234028']Also this thing is not based around what science say. Its based on evidence which up until now has been very strong. That calander has predict alot of stuff.

********, plain and simple. There is no scientific evidence nor consensus that anything out of the ordinary will happen in 2012.

GommeInc
11-01-2010, 09:49 PM
The Mayans haven't predicted anything using their calendar, so you're talking bullcrap [Jay] :S

The only things the Maya are famous for are:

- Predicting the distance of the moon from somewhere within a few seconds.
- Building a civilisation that crumbled because no-one realised that over-farming destroyed the landscape and led to future crops and farmland deemed useless.

The Maya were stupid, it's kinda why their civilisation upped and left or "seperated" as believed :P

DrLacero
11-01-2010, 10:01 PM
The Maya were stupid, it's kinda why their civilisation upped and left or "seperated" as believed :P

Not to mention they weren't clever enough to predict the end of their civilisation, never mind the whole planet.

ChickenFaces
30-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I hope the world doesn't end in 2012 I graduate that year! :O

lazerman
03-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I reckon because of all this hype, someone will try and destroy the world just to prove it.

I wont say how the world will end, Im just saying...with the amount of hype, somebody is just gonna go ape-**** and just start killing people/destroying earth.

Black_Apalachi
03-02-2010, 01:43 AM
Killing everybody would help Earth, not destroy it.

AlexOC
03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Killing everybody would help Earth, not destroy it.

Yeh, but **** the earth tbh. We're here now, we'll treat the earth however we want to. Who's gonna stop us?

http://www.astro.wisc.edu/~trouille/EYH/pics/435px-Alien.png

Pix
03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I will shoot everyone to ensure it does

Gullable
04-02-2010, 06:47 PM
i ensure you it won't end loveys(H)

Wig44.
04-02-2010, 08:14 PM
Yeh, but **** the earth tbh. We're here now, we'll treat the earth however we want to. Who's gonna stop us?

*REMOVED*

Now that's out of the way, I think this is a load of crap - it's been done time and time again and people who claim to be in contact with the divine, or the spirit world, or who have found 'a hidden clause in the <religious book>' and claim the world is going to end keep pushing the date we all die forward agin and again because it simply isn't going to happen.

Edited by Nicola (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude to other forum members

Gullable
05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
its all been blown out of proportion because if it was going to happen the goverment would of stopped them making the film so everybody would'nt know, so load of bullcrap..

ifuseekamy
05-02-2010, 09:23 PM

Nature, by killing off millions in one go with swine flu, earthquakes etc. n_______n

Black_Apalachi
05-02-2010, 09:31 PM
its all been blown out of proportion because if it was going to happen the goverment would of stopped them making the film so everybody would'nt know, so load of bullcrap..

What? It's not a conspiracy lol, the government(s) know as much as we do. Although I agree with your conclusion :P

Stryderman
06-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Not a chance imo

Richie
06-02-2010, 06:54 AM

y would they ;s there's no scentific proof within the story-line, it just shows what happens to a bunch of ppl in the year 2012..

Zak
06-02-2010, 05:36 PM
I think it's all a load of rubbish tbh

it's like the 'Y2K' thing, utter rubbish!

Inspiration
06-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Who even writes this bull ****

Mexel
06-02-2010, 08:35 PM

Ah, it sounds selfish but i completely agree with you.

Soy
07-02-2010, 02:18 AM
not sure if serious thread

Special
07-02-2010, 02:24 AM
No but would be funny if it did

United-Clowgon
07-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't think the World will end in 2012.

I'm a stronger believer of Jesus/Christianity and i believe he, WILL decide when it's time for all us.

This is just a load of rubbish, but having said that, who knows? We will just have to wait until then.

Wig44.
07-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I don't think the World will end in 2012.

I'm a stronger believer of Jesus/Christianity and i believe he, WILL decide when it's time for all us.

This is just a load of rubbish, but having said that, who knows? We will just have to wait until then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=vyobJoPtxX4&v=TjGkRFFBd0A - PART 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=A_E0vfP79yE&feature=related - PART 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=pyXIeB1qI6w&feature=related - PART 3

Just to point out really, that the bible is mistranslated as saying that the world will end.

Gullable
07-02-2010, 10:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=vyobJoPtxX4&v=TjGkRFFBd0A - PART 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=A_E0vfP79yE&feature=related - PART 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch#v=pyXIeB1qI6w&feature=related - PART 3

Just to point out really, that the bible is mistranslated as saying that the world will end.
wot ya mean?

Black_Apalachi
08-02-2010, 04:01 AM
What does the Bible say on the subject? I've never heard of a specified time but as far as I now it says that the next time God punishes us (the last time being the Great Flood), it's supposed to be by fire. Not sure how that could happen unless the Sun's gravitational force drags us straight into it, or all the world's volcanoes erupt simultaneously

Gullable
08-02-2010, 06:27 PM
also scientists have proven that this will not happen and if it was to happen, volcanoes, floods and earthquakes could not happen at the same time as it is not possible, the film has just blown a rumour wayyyyy out of proportion and if it was real they would'nt actually make a film on it would they really? also.. there is no biblical proof that the world will end on 2012.:rolleyes:

Misawa
08-02-2010, 06:57 PM
i ensure you it won't end loveys(H)

Assure*

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts that do not add anything constructive to the thread. Thanks

Gullable
08-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Assure*

Edited by Catzsy (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts that do not add anything constructive to the thread. Thanks

WELL SORRY MR FILM MAKER FOR SPELLING WRONG I CANT SPELL PROPERLY SOZ X>XX>>XX>X>

Edited by Nicola (Forum Moderator): Please do not make pointless posts, this inculdes responding to other pointless posts.

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 09:22 AM
also scientists have proven that this will not happen and if it was to happen, volcanoes, floods and earthquakes could not happen at the same time as it is not possible, the film has just blown a rumour wayyyyy out of proportion and if it was real they would'nt actually make a film on it would they really? also.. there is no biblical proof that the world will end on 2012.:rolleyes:

That bit in bold stands alone in regard to any subject lol

GommeInc
09-02-2010, 09:00 PM
Meh, most biblical end of world stories are a bit dodgy. The rapture is one of them, it contradicts other bible teachings (strangers are more welcome than Christians etc etc).

Spiffing
10-02-2010, 11:04 PM
1. No-one can predict the longevity of our world with all of its technological dependencies.
2. The "galactic alignment" predicted by Jenkins already happened in 1998.
3. Geomagnetic reversals take up to 5,000 years to complete and a specific date can't be named.
4. Prophecies predicted that George W. Bush would be assassinated, the world would end in 1999, between 2000-2001 there would be a pole shift that would cause flooding and earthquakes and the list can go on forever.

Personally, I don't think the world will end. If the Mayans were so wonderful, why are they all dead? There are so many reasons why nothing will happen in 2012. Besides, if you think the world will end stop panicking and live your life. You could die any moment. It's not as if the world ending will leave you trapped in nothingness with Jedward (thankfully). You'll just die. I think people should stop worrying because nobody can stop the end of the world and it is inevitable.

Black_Apalachi
11-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Exactly ^ Pretty much as far back as I can remember through my life, the world has been complaining about the state it is in, what we're doing to it, and so on. At the end of the day we may as well just try and make the most of whatever life we have because worrying about the end can do nothing to prevent or even delay it so why should we waste our lives like that?

today
11-02-2010, 01:57 AM
if it does end least i dont have to pay littlewoods back

Edited by Nicola (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly. Debate forum rules ~ http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=615942

Technologic
11-02-2010, 04:25 PM
it didnt on 6/6/6 so why should i believe another crackpot theory?

Narnat,
12-02-2010, 05:53 PM
To be honest i dont really think there is a good chance of it happening. But they have been sure or many things and nothings happened. ;)
So i'm not really worrying about the future what happens happens.
It's not the end of the world . . . Well it could be lol clumsy exspression. :(:):D

marine
13-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I doubt it, no-one can predict the future that well..

Gullable
13-02-2010, 03:14 PM
apparently there's supposed to be nuclear war in november 2010, google 2010 end of the world, and i think its the top site, load of ********, if it was gunna happen, they would of prevented it, just a load of fantasy.

Black_Apalachi
13-02-2010, 03:59 PM
I can't wait until the 20th of December 2012 (the day before) just to see what kind of reaction there is. After all, the human being can be a surprising thing

lazerman
13-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Your 20th of decemeber will be 21st on the otherside of the world?

Heck, we dont even know where this is gonna be based? I assume it would happen when we all asleep!

Gullable
13-02-2010, 06:45 PM
(H)well hav'nt they thought this through, the world is going to end on the 21st of december 2012, well indeedy, except its 21st at different times, oopsy mistake there, google nasa 2012 YHHH

Black_Apalachi
13-02-2010, 07:14 PM
Well I imagine it depends on wherever Mayans lived. I know pretty much nothing at all about them but I'm led to believe it is around the Mexican region? Anyway it doesn't matter, if people are going to react in some way, it will become apparent within the day(s) leading up

Spiffing
13-02-2010, 07:43 PM
One day you're going to die anyway and you aren't going to be like "OMG GAIZ IM DEAD!111". If the world ended you'd die straight away too, therefore you wouldn't know. Soo really, oh well? :lol:

Gullable
13-02-2010, 10:25 PM
One day you're going to die anyway and you aren't going to be like "OMG GAIZ IM DEAD!111". If the world ended you'd die straight away too, therefore you wouldn't know. Soo really, oh well? :lol:
nah cuz wot happened in tht "2012" movie, they was floods, volcanoes, earthquakes, crap like tht, but scientists said all that stuff cant happen at once cuz it just cant.

Spiffing
14-02-2010, 10:11 PM
nah cuz wot happened in tht "2012" movie, they was floods, volcanoes, earthquakes, crap like tht, but scientists said all that stuff cant happen at once cuz it just cant.

theres all sorts supposed to happen in 2012 tho so if they all happened at once then the world would probably get stressed out and blow up. everyone's believing the Mayan prophecies but they say basically say that something amazing will happen so it's all silly. phoney pages on the internet and papers are blowing things out of proportion

Black_Apalachi
14-02-2010, 10:13 PM
It would be funny if it happened just before the Olympics after all the money the country has spent on it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!