PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Ross to quit as TV and radio host with the BBC

Hiro
07-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Jonathan Ross has announced he is leaving the BBC, after 13 years working for the corporation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8445628.stm

-:Undertaker:-
07-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Hope the license fee can come down now, on Woss himself - never found him funny. I hear Graham Norton is in the line-up to replace him, I hope so!!

Hecktix
07-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Quite interesting, the real reasons will never be revealed though.

Neversoft
07-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Television won't be the same. No more Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, no more Film [insert year here] no more of his interesting documentaries... :(

Hiro
07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Quite interesting, the real reasons will never be revealed though.

I reckon it's because they wouldn't up his pay or something.

Immenseman
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
I love wossy! His friday night show is awesome, he's a funny family man and wish him all the best :)

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Hope the license fee can come down now, on Woss himself - never found him funny. I hear Graham Norton is in the line-up to replace him, I hope so!!

Oh God, Norton is even more irritating than Ross!

Television won't be the same. No more Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, no more Film [insert year here] no more of his interesting documentaries... :(

Even though I sometimes find him annoying, I love both of those shows :(. Before there was Parkinson, then Jonathan Ross, are we now stuck with Piers Morgan? :S

Edit: Just read the report. Why has it been a tough year for him, did something happen? Or is it just the Russel Brand thing lol?

jackass
07-01-2010, 03:56 PM
No! I find him really funny. :(

Caution
07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
The amount he's paid is obscene, there should be money for something more interesting or worthwhile now.

-:Undertaker:-
07-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh God, Norton is even more irritating than Ross!

I'm sorry, but Graham Norton is actually magic!! - He is SO funny how can you not like him!? :(

Immenseman
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
ross > norton

Hecktix
07-01-2010, 04:10 PM
ross > norton

by far!

Black_Apalachi
07-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry, but Graham Norton is actually magic!! - He is SO funny how can you not like him!? :(

I do find him funny, especially when he's taking the piss out of audience members and stuff, but EVERYTHING he says is an innuendo and it just gets boring.

Neversoft
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I reckon it's because they wouldn't up his pay or something.

Ross offered to have a 50% pay cut to stay with the BBC so I don't think its anything to do with money. Some websites suggested that "Ross had become frustrated by the lack of progress on his new BBC contract and exasperated by constant press speculation about his future with the corporation in the wake of the Ross-Brand scandal".

The Guardian said (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/07/jonathan-ross-profile)
"In a compliance crackdown his Radio 2 show is now pre-recorded, and his BBC1 chatshow is forensically examined by his critics for another lapse of taste and decency.

It could be that the need to exercise uncharacteristic caution prompted him to conclude he did not need the BBC any more. Just as likely, however, is that the BBC decided it did not need him."

Ross also said (http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/07/jonathan-ross-quits-bbc)
"Over the last two weeks I have decided not to renegotiate when my current contract comes to an end. I would like to make it perfectly clear that no negotiations ever took place and that my decision is not financially motivated.

I signed my current contract with the BBC having turned down more lucrative offers from other channels because it was where I wanted to be and – as I have said before – would happily have stayed there for any fee they cared to offer, but there were other considerations."

Ardemax
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
woss for the win tbh

friday night tv will never be the same

Misawa
07-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Never liked Ross. Mark Kermode will become the new host of Film 20_.

jackass
07-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Never liked Ross. Mark Kermode will become the new host of Film 20_.

You never seem to like anyone if i'm quite honest.

alexxxxx
07-01-2010, 04:53 PM
that's a shame. personally feel BBC is really good value for money... most things i watch are on BBC, Channel 4 or Sky Sports.

Misawa
07-01-2010, 05:06 PM
You never seem to like anyone if i'm quite honest.

I don't like people who are moronic, i.e. Jonathan Ross.

He'll probably go to Sky. They'll probably offer him more money than his highest BBC deal with their neverending money.

Mathew
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Jonathan Ross is very funny and as Jake said, a very family-oriented person. He's been in Florida a couple of times at the same time as us with his wife and kids too. :P

Charlottay!
07-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Friday night tv is gonna be crap now. I love graham norton show though :D

ecstasy
07-01-2010, 07:03 PM
You cant replace Johnathon Ross with Graham Norton :S
All of Graham Norton's jokes are about being gay and its so boring and repetitive now, Wossy ftw

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!