PDA

View Full Version : The Monopoly Lovers Thread

ColyTom
09-01-2010, 01:02 AM
I love Monopoly, it is such a great game to play. I enjoy playing it with friends and family alike. This thread is for everyone to discuss what they like and dislike about the game, what versions they have, hints and tips and other Monopoly related chat!

So far, we have got 8 versions at home, they are:

Monopoly: The Original Edition
Monopoly: Junior Edition
Monopoly: Devon Edition
Monopoly City
Monopoly: The Simpsons Edition
Monopoly: Disney Pixar
Monopoly: Here & Now UK Edition
Monopoly: The Here & Now Limited Edition

At first the new money system confused me but now I've got used to it. I haven't properly played before with electronic banking but I'm sure I will do in the future :P

All this Monopoly talk is giving me Monopoly cravings :D

Black_Apalachi
09-01-2010, 01:24 AM
We had the Junior one once and now we've got the normal original one. I don't see the point getting any others, we hardly ever play it anyway. If I did, I'd get the City of Liverpool one :8.

Edit: why is there a Devon one? ;l

kk.
09-01-2010, 01:31 AM
We played the city one at Christmas!! My god it was confusing. My mum bought one place, the most expensive one. AnD she won. I couldn't actually believe it lol.

FlyingJesus
09-01-2010, 02:03 AM
I adore monopoly, I actually play it online with Sammeth and Bethie from time to time that's how cool we are

DrLacero
10-01-2010, 08:11 AM
I absolutely love monopoly, I've got an old PC version and one on my mobile. Nobody else I know IRL likes it though, so I haven't played it with others in years :(

Oh, and all money paid from Chance and Community Chest does go under Free Parking. I hardly ever see that rule played.

Blinger1
10-01-2010, 08:26 AM
We just have Monopoly Australian Edition

There is now an ELECTRONIC BANK!? Oh my :O!

Black_Apalachi
10-01-2010, 12:17 PM
My brother has it on his iPod.

Eoin
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
theres a monopoly for most major uk cities and football teams

Martin
10-01-2010, 12:52 PM
We just have Monopoly Australian Edition

There is now an ELECTRONIC BANK!? Oh my :O!

The electronic bank is amazing tbh!

Each player gets a credit card, which is inserted into this battery opperated calculator type machine, and you can add/subtract amounts from each card! It's soooo much easier! :P

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/monopoly_peices.jpg

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Monopoly. :D

Black_Apalachi
10-01-2010, 01:04 PM
but actual cash is way more fun

Sly
10-01-2010, 04:36 PM
I love monopoly I have got the nostalgia version xD

Immenseman
10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
We have junior and normal one, haven't played for ages, it takes too long although it is awesome.

wiktoria
10-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Monopoly = coolness

Rozi
10-01-2010, 07:17 PM
but actual cash is way more fun

agreed.

we have like the mega edition which is way faster and much more fun, but we actually can't play it in my family because one of us always ends up stropping off.

ColyTom
10-01-2010, 11:49 PM
We had the Junior one once and now we've got the normal original one. I don't see the point getting any others, we hardly ever play it anyway. If I did, I'd get the City of Liverpool one :8.

Edit: why is there a Devon one? ;l

It's the biggest county in the UK!

DrLacero
11-01-2010, 12:02 AM

No sir! At 3,341 square miles, North Yorkshire is the biggest county in the UK. Devon is ranked 4th in area.

I want a WoW Monopoly.

Black_Apalachi
11-01-2010, 10:01 AM

Yeah but this Monopoly, not Farmville.

samsaBEAR
11-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I absolutely love monopoly, I've got an old PC version and one on my mobile. Nobody else I know IRL likes it though, so I haven't played it with others in years :(

Oh, and all money paid from Chance and Community Chest does go under Free Parking. I hardly ever see that rule played.

i've always played that rule :D i do like monopoly, but like someone said, someone in my family always just leaves if they're getting beaten, so it's not a game i play regularly

Blinger1
11-01-2010, 10:12 AM
The electronic bank is amazing tbh!

Each player gets a credit card, which is inserted into this battery opperated calculator type machine, and you can add/subtract amounts from each card! It's soooo much easier! :P

http://images.smarter.com/blogs/monopoly_peices.jpg

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Monopoly. :D
holy ****... if i played it more often, i'd so bloody buy that!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!