PDA

View Full Version : Relax the rules

-:Undertaker:-
09-01-2010, 09:27 PM
I recently got warned over something which wasn't insulting at all, and its not the first time either. I'd like to ask if rules can be relaxed because this is a teen forum with teens on it. Obviously outright nastiness shouldn't be allowed but here is an example;

'Pissed' is unfiltered.

..but on the other hand the phrase 'lack of common sense on this issue' is considered wrong and unacceptable?

hah
09-01-2010, 09:34 PM
did you really get a warning for saying "lack of commom sense" ?? if so LOL
I dont even see that as rude, maybe it was a once of thing?

also when is this filter overhaul happening??

xxMATTGxx
09-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I won't explain your record in this thread but it isn't the time you have been rude towards members of this forum.

Immenseman
09-01-2010, 09:39 PM
i'm being 100% honest here and it's true. it depends if the moderator likes you and what moderator you get. they're not consistent in the slightest. however, you're staff and you are representing habbox and all that.

09-01-2010, 09:42 PM

I'm just confused here - apparently its rude but a debate isn't nice and never will be. If we are going to class 'lack of common sense' as an insult then surely we must ask ourselves why we allow debates in the first place? - I have never insulted anybody on this forum and never will, I don't like insults. Yeah my posts will be strong when i'm debating, but thats what a debate is for - strong opinions to get your point across.

Anything which isn't positive(+) to a user seems to be pounced upon as an insult to the user.

The rules need to be relaxed and set out clearly once and for all.

Immenseman
09-01-2010, 09:43 PM
omg i thought you meant you got told off for saying a word which means lack of common sense i.e. idiot/moron which is bordering but if you actually said someone had a lack of common sense it's hardly an insult, that is ott imo.

Dan2nd
09-01-2010, 09:45 PM
i'm being 100% honest here and it's true. it depends if the moderator likes you and what moderator you get. they're not consistent in the slightest. however, you're staff and you are representing habbox and all that.

I'm not defending anyone Jake but to be fair to the moderating team since being a member of this forum I've only ever got one warning. That was at least two years ago and I wouldn't say I haven't got any since because any of them like or know me because if I'm being honest since I stopped playing Habbo I wouldn't say I 'know' anyone on this forum that well at all.

However if what you say is true maybe it's just because I don't post enough meh

Yoshimitsui
09-01-2010, 09:47 PM
It's not one set of rules for one people and that for others, people get agitated and do not realise how their behaviour changes and can only see innocence, not realising others are not exempt in any way. The rules are pretty relaxed in my opinion and are easy to follow and still allow for people to be pretty forward with conversations on the forum.

To answer your second question, if you say something in a general statement its allot different to aiming it at someone in an offensive way.

Immenseman
09-01-2010, 09:47 PM
they are influenced by what others think of you. others gauge opinions on you if you maybe disagree with them, it's not really fair but neither is life and there's nothing a user can do so just gotta ignore them :8

09-01-2010, 09:51 PM
omg i thought you meant you got told off for saying a word which means lack of common sense i.e. idiot/moron which is bordering but if you actually said someone had a lack of common sense it's hardly an insult, that is ott imo.

I did yeah, well it means theres a loophole for members who are ready to pounce at any given minute at other members for non-positive posts and report them saying the post insulted them. As I just suggested to MattGarner, a clause needs to be added to the rules for debates which says that; members must stick to normal rules, but members must also expect opinions to be strong and threads will hardly be positive.

they are influenced by what others think of you. others gauge opinions on you if you maybe disagree with them, it's not really fair but neither is life and there's nothing a user can do so just gotta ignore them :8

The thing is, I may disagree with somebody in a thread profoundly; but I wouldn't think any different of them on Habbo/elsewhere on the forum.

It needs to be realised that although opinions in debates may be the opposite of eachother, that does not mean the members do not like eachother/have hatred for one another because it simply isn't true.

myke
09-01-2010, 09:53 PM

you are very correct, the moderator dealing with the issue plays a large part, there's no way on earth that you will ever get an objective [i fink thats the word] opinion, no matter where, no matter how, personal relevance plays a big part. this happens in the real world too, such as in politics. it also depends a lot on the way the mod is irl, e.g. if they're a 'rudeboi' they might not see something as serious as the next who is idk polite w.ez

Black_Apalachi
09-01-2010, 09:53 PM
It does surprise me what is considered rude sometimes. If someone is taking crap in a discussion, you're not just going to nod politely and agree. At least that's not the type of person I am.

I used to try and reason with mods when they issued me warnings or whatever that I felt were silly or uncalled for but I don't bother any more.

Seatherny
09-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I recently got warned over something which wasn't insulting at all, and its not the first time either. I'd like to ask if rules can be relaxed because this is a teen forum with teens on it. Obviously outright nastiness shouldn't be allowed but here is an example;

'Pissed' is unfiltered.

..but on the other hand the phrase 'lack of common sense on this issue' is considered wrong and unacceptable?

I like how you make you post sound less bad :) (at undertaker)

you do lack common sense when it comes to these issues, just as you lacked common sense in other threads where you seem to think things which are not racist are racist.

:)

Anyway, you have always tried your best to provoke me, and you were rightly warned.

Rules are fine.

It does surprise me what is considered rude sometimes. If someone is taking crap in a discussion, you're not just going to nod politely and agree. At least that's not the type of person I am.

I agree, if someone compaigns for tighter security, then says dont search white people and OAP's because they can never be terrorists, how can people not be annoyed?

Jamesy
09-01-2010, 10:03 PM
This type of thread comes up every month or so. The rules are fine and I think you'll find that over the past 2 months the moderation department has been working very hard to both relax on some rules and crack down on others that are detrimental to the community.

It's not so much bias, Jake, as different reasoning by different people. I am more tolerant of things that other mods are not, and vice versa and if our motives are questionable then I can assure you we are instantly notified by Matt or Garion :).

Sergio, if you responded to a moderator/ super moderator with reasoning then it's pretty futile as they cannot reverse their own infractions (unless as an SMOD it's a pretty fundamental mistake in which case can quickly reverse it). If you disagree take it to the appropriate thread for management or higher moderation to deal with.

09-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I like how you make you post sound less bad :) (at undertaker)Oh its all there for everyone to see, you wait until I say something and then pounce on it and report it, because apparently you are offended by it. I think just like now, you are trying for another argument; so i'll say something/turn this thread into a debate and you can shop me again.

:)

Anyway, you have always tried your best to provoke me, and you were rightly warned.

Rules are fine.Not provoke, debate. There is a clear difference between them both, and if you see them both as the same thing then perhaps it'd be best for yourself to stay out of debates on the forum.

I agree, if someone compaigns for tighter security, then says dont search white people and OAP's because they can never be terrorists, how can people not be annoyed?As I said earlier on, again you are trying to turn it into another debate thread. On the topic itself, Matt Garner has agreed to suggest to other management and hopefully something comes out of it.

I suppose in response to moderator comments, is not the rules; moreso closing a loophole in the rules.

Seatherny
09-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh its all there for everyone to see, you wait until I say something and then pounce on it and report it, because apparently you are offended by it. I think just like now, you are trying for another argument; so i'll say something/turn this thread into a debate and you can shop me again.

Not provoke, debate. There is a clear difference between them both, and if you see them both as the same thing then perhaps it'd be best for yourself to stay out of debates on the forum.

As I said earlier on, again you are trying to turn it into another debate thread. On the topic itself, Matt Garner has agreed to suggest to other management and hopefully something comes out of it.

Me: My name is not Sav, its Saurav
You: Ok Sav :)

yeah thats really a debate.

I think the filter needs to be changed though.

09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Me: My name is not Sav, its Saurav
You: Ok Sav :)

yeah thats really a debate.

I think the filter needs to be changed though.

That is a light-hearted comment and has no malice behind it, although yeah I agree it was sloppy on the debates side. I don't have anything against you, as shown when we spoke on Habbox Help Desk - I disagree strongly with your views and believe they lack common sense yes, but thats what a debate is; each side is constantly trying to win over their version of belief/common sense to the other person.

Loopholes like this need to be closed in debates, debates are not nice threads and never will be; it doesn't mean they can turn into trading insults but it also doesn't mean they should be toothless.

Gibs960
09-01-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't think it's nastiness, it's more, lack of common sence, :P haha I turned that into a joke, I didn't mean that, erm why did u get a warning for saying lack of common sence, I suppose it depends who you said it, for example, if I said you're being stupid!, I think if I used idiotic instead, even thought it means more or less the same thing I think stupid would be more offending because its nastier sort of. But lack of common sence isn't bad... I'm confused how it the mod couldn't just read through and carrying on read, I'd just be like, "Jog on..." lol :P

Yoshimitsui
09-01-2010, 10:25 PM
I don't think it's nastiness, it's more, lack of common sence, :P haha I turned that into a joke, I didn't mean that, erm why did u get a warning for saying lack of common sence, I suppose it depends who you said it, for example, if I said you're being stupid!, I think if I used idiotic instead, even thought it means more or less the same thing I think stupid would be more offending because its nastier sort of. But lack of common sence isn't bad... I'm confused how it the mod couldn't just read through and carrying on read, I'd just be like, "Jog on..." lol :P

It's not just what you say, for example in general but if you say it someone and mean it in an inappropriate manner. This thread in terms of the situation does not provide users with the details and occurrence of events as to how it led and made into being insulting.

Just like in real life, if you swear and curse our loud at something you may be looked at for your temper but if you aim it at someone for a matter of not liking their opinion its a whole different story.

AgnesIO
09-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Someone made a video on youtube after I said this was a teen forum so it should be made for teens lol.

Anyway as Jake said, and same here this isn't making it up, moderators tend to infract and report people who they dislike, more than people they like. It isn't as much of the case when you are staff, as only GM's can warn/infract.

I have had 3 PM's I think since being staff for being rude o.O

luce
09-01-2010, 10:37 PM
the thing that anoys me is when people post a thread on this a discussion forum for teens and then when they don't get the outcome they want they -rep you for being horrible and report you. It's even worse when it's a direct question and the thread starter then flips out when what you think doensn't match their ideal answer. (as has happened recently)

If you post a thread saying i am leaving home what do you think? and you post nah don't be stupid you're so young you can't do that and then they post back like OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T TEL ME WHAT TO DO WITH ME LIFE. You then get an edit or in my case a staff warning which is more serious and you go and find some lovely -rep.

I don't think it is the rules or the filter that need to change. I think it is the maturity of some of the members. The thing that keeps me on this forum is the banter i can get in sports, and sometimes teens but this is becoming almost impossible, without getting an edit because i know no one goes off their laptops crying and wanting my death.

@demela - When i wasn't staff for a period i never got in trouble for reasons i don't know because i haven't changed. But when i'm staff i always seem to be on last warning because i am setting an example? Ok so i shouldn't start or fuel arguments but i am never going to stop showing my opinions if i think i am right? Just because i serve habbox by being staff doesn't mean i should be flamed and not stand up for myself..

Seatherny
09-01-2010, 10:49 PM
That is a light-hearted comment and has no malice behind it, although yeah I agree it was sloppy on the debates side. I don't have anything against you, as shown when we spoke on Habbox Help Desk - I disagree strongly with your views and believe they lack common sense yes, but thats what a debate is; each side is constantly trying to win over their version of belief/common sense to the other person.

Loopholes like this need to be closed in debates, debates are not nice threads and never will be; it doesn't mean they can turn into trading insults but it also doesn't mean they should be toothless.

Saying that if you dont agree with someone in a debate means they lack common sense is just :S

09-01-2010, 10:54 PM
the thing that anoys me is when people post a thread on this a discussion forum for teens and then when they don't get the outcome they want they -rep you for being horrible and report you. It's even worse when it's a direct question and the thread starter then flips out when what you think doensn't match their ideal answer. (as has happened recently)

If you post a thread saying i am leaving home what do you think? and you post nah don't be stupid you're so young you can't do that and then they post back like OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DON'T TEL ME WHAT TO DO WITH ME LIFE. You then get an edit or in my case a staff warning which is more serious and you go and find some lovely -rep.

I don't think it is the rules or the filter that need to change. I think it is the maturity of some of the members. The thing that keeps me on this forum is the banter i can get in sports, and sometimes teens but this is becoming almost impossible, without getting an edit because i know no one goes off their laptops crying and wanting my death.

@demela - When i wasn't staff for a period i never got in trouble for reasons i don't know because i haven't changed. But when i'm staff i always seem to be on last warning because i am setting an example? Ok so i shouldn't start or fuel arguments but i am never going to stop showing my opinions if i think i am right? Just because i serve habbox by being staff doesn't mean i should be flamed and not stand up for myself..

Exactly, people seem to think theres something between themselves and the person who they disagree with, when in reality they are creating a bad relationship out of nothing and for nothing.

Saying that if you dont agree with someone in a debate means they lack common sense is just :S

That is a debate, common sense is a common phrase used in debate and always will be, infact it was used by a senior politician back in 2001 (William Hague) whos campaign slogan was '£ Common sense' if I remember correctly. Theres nothing remotely offensive about it.

Dan2nd
09-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I think i misread luccys post nevermind lol

luce
09-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Yeah i agree dan i have been labeled as something like homophobic, racist etc and i'm not going to name names but that's insulting to me as i'm not now and never will be or have been. So we are allowed to face that and the get punished for retaliating.

if it is going to be like that i'd rather not post but as staff i like to contribute and it's fun when it is done right :P

and as for the sly mark - he shouldn't have got away with it along with many other rule contradictions in that thread. It seems once a victim in the thread is identified they are immune to all moderator actions.

hah
09-01-2010, 11:27 PM
tbh lucyy you said something almong the lines of gays make you sick

Black_Apalachi
10-01-2010, 12:41 AM

I used to try and reason with mods when they issued me warnings or whatever that I felt were silly or uncalled for but I don't bother any more.

*talking
fgs I hate typos that make it mean the complete opposite :eusa_doh:

GommeInc
10-01-2010, 01:40 AM
I'd rather have a human being talk to me if that's the case. Sure, he's staff, but let him be human and act natural, formalities shouldn't exist on a fan forum :/

FlyingJesus
10-01-2010, 01:49 AM
If someone is taking crap in a discussion, you're not just going to nod politely and agree.

I should certainly hope not.

Something similar, but then again I was also named homophobic in that thread and I'm gay, so I couldn't quite work that one out. The thread starter there is, and I won't apologise for saying it publicly, an utter idiot who needs to take a good dose of reality rather than trying to bat off every argument against him with a hate crime.

Frankly I see nothing wrong with personal attacks on here anyway but that's because I'm fabulous enough not to cry about it and cause a fuss. I do think it should stay out of debates though - Dan mentioned that politicians use "common sense" as a debate point but that is solely because they are trying to rile up the opposition and give themselves a better name, which is entirely personal and not to do with the subject itself in most cases, and so has no place in a true debate where you're trying to get a view across rather than make someone else look a fool.

Black_Apalachi
10-01-2010, 02:14 AM
I should certainly hope not. ...

I know you know I corrected it ;l :P

luce
10-01-2010, 09:09 AM

this isn't a thread about that thread and I'm not allowed to say what i said but it wasn't that :P

Seatherny
10-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Exactly, people seem to think theres something between themselves and the person who they disagree with, when in reality they are creating a bad relationship out of nothing and for nothing.

That is a debate, common sense is a common phrase used in debate and always will be, infact it was used by a senior politician back in 2001 (William Hague) whos campaign slogan was '£ Common sense' if I remember correctly. Theres nothing remotely offensive about it.
No its not. I have only really ever seen you use it and apparently 1 other politician 9 years ago. Like I said, you ignore everything else and only say what favours you.
Saying that someone lacks common sense in everything is basically calling them an idiot and a moron, hence its rude.

AgnesIO
10-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I got a warning last night for telling a user 'you know **** all about sport'

I mean come off it - that is pathetic.

10-01-2010, 10:39 AM
No its not. I have only really ever seen you use it and apparently 1 other politician 9 years ago. Like I said, you ignore everything else and only say what favours you.
Saying that someone lacks common sense in everything is basically calling them an idiot and a moron, hence its rude.

It does not matter when it was last said, its a common phrase. On the moron part, no its not because i'm not calling you an idiot/moron i'm saying very simply that you lacked common sense in that thread. I'm saying that in that discussion your side lacked common sense in your points, very simple.

You are just trying to over-complicate things and its exactly why people on this forum continue to argue with eachother. Its not offensive to the wide majority of people, if it is to you (which I very much doubt it is) - well tuff luck i'm afraid, i'm sure you deal with far worse stuff in real life and afterall - its a debate, not a happy-go-thread.

Seatherny
10-01-2010, 10:44 AM
It does not matter when it was last said, its a common phrase. On the moron part, no its not because i'm not calling you an idiot/moron i'm saying very simply that you lacked common sense in that thread. I'm saying that in that discussion your side lacked common sense in your points, very simple.

You are just trying to over-complicate things and its exactly why people on this forum continue to argue with eachother. Its not offensive to the wide majority of people, if it is to you (which I very much doubt it is) - well tuff luck i'm afraid, i'm sure you deal with far worse stuff in real life and afterall - its a debate, not a happy-go-thread.

Stop making your post sound less wose by pretending you said something else.

"you do lack common sense when it comes to these issues, just as you lacked common sense in other threads where you seem to think things which are not racist are racist."

Find me what I said that was racist but you can prove its not? You just make claims and can never back them up and then change the topic. Thats what you always so, hence you frustrate so many people.

Yes, I obviously lack common sense in that thread when everyone apart from you agrees with me. I think because of that, its you who is causing arguments, not me. I didn't break any rules. You have been warned 3 times because you have been rude in debates and I have never been warned. So tell me, who cannot control themself in a debate?

Highly unprofessional.

And just because one politician used it 9 years ago doesnt make it a common phrase ROFL. :S

Hecktix
10-01-2010, 10:46 AM
I think this thread is completely invalid because at the end of the day you are a staff member, Dan, not just a staff member but a member of Management you should be setting an example and your behaviour gives an image of Habbox out to members browsing the forums.

The rules themselves are fine at the moment, as Jamesy has said we are currently working on being more leniant with the rules however when it comes to rudeness how lenient can you be without letting people cause offence to others to the point they don't want to be on the forum? Especially new members.

10-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Stop making your post sound less wose by pretending you said something else.

"you do lack common sense when it comes to these issues, just as you lacked common sense in other threads where you seem to think things which are not racist are racist."

Find me what I said that was racist but you can prove its not? You just make claims and can never back them up and then change the topic. Thats what you always so, hence you frustrate so many people.

Yes, I obviously lack common sense in that thread when everyone apart from you agrees with me. I think because of that, its you who is causing arguments, not me. I didn't break ny rules. You have een warned 3 times because you have been rude in debates and I have never been warned. So tell me, who cannot control themself in a debate?

Highly unprofessional.

And just because one politician used it 9 years ago doesnt make it a common phrase ROFL. :S

I'd like to ask how the heck is that offensive at all? - because its not, if you get offended over that then god knows what you are like in the real world.

I tell you what Saurav, with this new clause I suggested to MattGarner it means that when a debate is on, you need to accept that people may say things that are not offensive, but they are things you might not agree with. That would mean you can't report every non-positive post I make and you'd know fully well what to expect in a debate. On professionalism, don't preach about professionalism/controlling to me when you have a signature that openly provokes me.

On the phrase, yes it is a common phrase because if it wasn't, you wouldn't understand what it ment and thus wouldn't be 'offended' by it.

I think this thread is completely invalid because at the end of the day you are a staff member, Dan, not just a staff member but a member of Management you should be setting an example and your behaviour gives an image of Habbox out to members browsing the forums.

The rules themselves are fine at the moment, as Jamesy has said we are currently working on being more leniant with the rules however when it comes to rudeness how lenient can you be without letting people cause offence to others to the point they don't want to be on the forum? Especially new members.

I have not been rude at all, would you prefer debates to be filled with 'yes I agree good post :):D:)' because thats the impression I get. I may be Habbox Staff - that doesn't mean I cannot take part in debates aslong as I stay within the rules, and quite frankly to label 'lack of common sense' as offensive is beyond me. As I suggested, a clause would stop people shopping others under the false pretence of offence.

AgnesIO
10-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Wel personally I think getting a warning for telling someone 'they know **** all about sport' is mad. Considering I have been TOLD if I didn't say ****, and used a replacement it would have been fine. The '****' was not even AIMED AT THEM. WHich might I point out, I have been told on this forum, in the past as long as it is not AIMED at someone, swearing is fine.

xxMATTGxx
10-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Wel personally I think getting a warning for telling someone 'they know **** all about sport' is mad. Considering I have been TOLD if I didn't say ****, and used a replacement it would have been fine. The '****' was not even AIMED AT THEM. WHich might I point out, I have been told on this forum, in the past as long as it is not AIMED at someone, swearing is fine.

I told you there is more nicer ways and you know there is. If you didn' come across rude in many of your posts, we wouldn't be having this problem in the first place.

Jamesy
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I got a warning last night for telling a user 'you know **** all about sport'

I mean come off it - that is pathetic.

Myself, another super moderator, Matt and a moderator discussed your post in detail before Matt came to a decision. It's entirely fair and as other people had been infracted for it as it was far too aggressive and a personal attack rather than sports banter you were not to be an exception.

Seatherny
10-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I'd like to ask how the heck is that offensive at all? - because its not, if you get offended over that then god knows what you are like in the real world.

I tell you what Saurav, with this new clause I suggested to MattGarner it means that when a debate is on, you need to accept that people may say things that are not offensive, but they are things you might not agree with. That would mean you can't report every non-positive post I make and you'd know fully well what to expect in a debate. On professionalism, don't preach about professionalism/controlling to me when you have a signature that openly provokes me.

On the phrase, yes it is a common phrase because if it wasn't, you wouldn't understand what it ment and thus wouldn't be 'offended' by it.

You claimed it was common phrase in debates and politics. Rofl. Like I said, once you get proved wrong, you pretend you said something else to make it sound less bad. "Idiot" is common word. It doesnt mean its used in debates and politics. I cant even believe you are saying such things :S

Again, you ignored what I said, go find me what I said was racist but you can show that its not. You can't. You make baseless claims and then when you get proved wrong, you change the topic very quickly.

Saying that someone lacks common sense in everything IS calling them stupid. Most of your posts are highly unprofessional and childish.

Like I said:

You: Ok Sav
Me: Dont call me Sav. My name is Saurav. :rolleyes:
You: Sure Sav :D

Or something like that. Yeah, very professional and not trying to provoke an argument and frustrate people.

AgnesIO
10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Myself, another super moderator, Matt and a moderator discussed your post in detail before Matt came to a decision. It's entirely fair and as other people had been infracted for it as it was far too aggressive and a personal attack rather than sports banter you were not to be an exception.

It wasn't an attack, I was given my opinion (which on this occasion, what I was saying about everyone's dear friend Clowgon, every other user on this forum would agree).

I told you there is more nicer ways and you know there is. If you didn' come across rude in many of your posts, we wouldn't be having this problem in the first place.

Yes and what I am saying, which you seem to be ignoring, is it is mad that you get told off if you swear, yet if you don't swear it is fine.

You have basically told me through PM that if I said 'you know naff all about sport, let's be honest' it is fine, yet if I say 'you know **** all about sport, let's be honest' that is bad. As far as I am concerned Matt, and this is the same as I was when I joined in 2007, there is nothing wrong with the odd swear word - and since you are not 12 years old, I think you should know that :rolleyes:

10-01-2010, 10:58 AM
You claimed it was common phrase in debates and politics. Rofl. Like I said, once you get proved wrong, you pretend you said something else to make it sound less bad. "Idiot" is common word. It doesnt mean its used in debates and politics. I cant even believe you are saying such things :S

Again, you ignored what I said, go find me what I said was racist but you can show that its not. You can't. You make baseless claims and then when you get proved wrong, you change the topic very quickly.

Saying that someone lacks common sense in everything IS calling them stupid. Most of your posts are highly unprofessional and childish.

Like I said:

You: Ok Sav
Me: Dont call me Sav. My name is Saurav. :rolleyes:
You: Sure Sav :D

Or something like that. Yeah, very professional and not trying to provoke an argument and frustrate people.

It is a common phrase in all walks of life, yeah and your point being is..?

I am not debating racism in this thread, yet again you are trying to move the subject into another debate and hopefully get me in more trouble for something which has 'offended you'. The common sense part, no it isn't. Do you understand that some people may be highly intelligent but may lack common sense? - its a common condition which is linked to Austism and other conditions. They can be very clever, but lack common sense. I know a few people like that in school, clever guys - no common sense.

Again, do not preach about professionalism to me when you have that sort of signature which openly provokes me.

Seatherny
10-01-2010, 11:02 AM
It is a common phrase in all walks of life, yeah and your point being is..?

I am not debating racism in this thread, yet again you are trying to move the subject into another debate and hopefully get me in more trouble for something which has 'offended you'. The common sense part, no it isn't. Do you understand that some people may be highly intelligent but may lack common sense? - its a common condition which is linked to Austism and other conditions. They can be very clever, but lack common sense. I know a few people like that in school, clever guys - no common sense.

Again, do not preach about professionalism to me when you have that sort of signature which openly provokes me.

OMG. Do you even read what I say? I said that you said it was a common phrase in debates in politics. Its NOT. Just because 1 person and yourself used it doesnt make it a common phrase.

Like I said in my previous post, Idiot is a common phrase, but its not in debates and politics. Do you see all politicians calling eahc other idiots? NO.

Lol, you wont show me where I claimed something was racist when infact it wasnt because you know you are wrong. PM it to me then. If not, then you are proving that you make baseless claims to look good and clever. But when challenged, you quickly make excuses and change the topic.

10-01-2010, 11:09 AM
OMG. Do you even read what I say? I said that you said it was a common phrase in debates in politics. Its NOT. Just because 1 person and yourself used it doesnt make it a common phrase.

Like I said in my previous post, Idiot is a common phrase, but its not in debates and politics. Do you see all politicians calling eahc other idiots? NO.

Lol, you wont show me where I claimed something was racist when infact it wasnt because you know you are wrong. PM it to me then. If not, then you are proving that you make baseless claims to look good and clever. But when challenged, you quickly make excuses and change the topic.

I said it is a common phrase in all walks of life, perhaps you should read what I say rather than the other way around. No you do not, but this is a Habbo forum with teenagers on, but we still don't revert to using the words idiot and stupid because they are outright rude and wrong to use, hence why I have never used them on anyone here. On the racist part, you were one of the ones naming UKIP racist in your signature, hence openly provoking me (just as your signature is now) and you also claimed the immigration policy of UKIP was racist, I support that policy and I could take that as you calling me racist, just as you take me saying you lacked common sense as me calling you stupid/an idiot.

Jamesy
10-01-2010, 11:10 AM
It wasn't an attack, I was given my opinion (which on this occasion, what I was saying about everyone's dear friend Clowgon, every other user on this forum would agree).

Yes and what I am saying, which you seem to be ignoring, is it is mad that you get told off if you swear, yet if you don't swear it is fine.

You have basically told me through PM that if I said 'you know naff all about sport, let's be honest' it is fine, yet if I say 'you know **** all about sport, let's be honest' that is bad. As far as I am concerned Matt, and this is the same as I was when I joined in 2007, there is nothing wrong with the odd swear word - and since you are not 12 years old, I think you should know that :rolleyes:

It's not the swearing (although it does say in staff rules that you shouldn't) it was the context in which it was said. We're not going to infract for a filter doing its job.

I hardly think that 2 smods, a mod and an AGM can be unfair if they are in unanimous agreement over a post that was clearly intended to be rude and argument fuelling (not discussion argument, personal argument).

Seatherny
10-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I said it is a common phrase in all walks of life, perhaps you should read what I say rather than the other way around. No you do not, but this is a Habbo forum with teenagers on, but we still don't revert to using the words idiot and stupid because they are outright rude and wrong to use, hence why I have never used them on anyone here. On the racist part, you were one of the ones naming UKIP racist in your signature, hence openly provoking me (just as your signature is now) and you also claimed the immigration policy of UKIP was racist, I support that policy and I could take that as you calling me racist, just as you take me saying you lacked common sense as me calling you stupid/an idiot.

In this thread. Like I said, once you get proved wrong, you pretend you said something else.

Hecktix
10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
It's not the swearing (although it does say in staff rules that you shouldn't) it was the context in which it was said. We're not going to infract for a filter doing its job.

I hardly think that 2 smods, a mod and an AGM can be unfair if they are in unanimous agreement over a post that was clearly intended to be rude and argument fuelling (not discussion argument, personal argument).

You can make that 3 smods. Tbh Demala your attitude around the forum stinks. You seem to think you are above everyone else, even in this thread you come across giving them messgae "Oh it's only clowgon he doesn't matter".

I've also seen you being rude to new members. It's not the attitude we want, you aren't better than anyone else that uses the forum and it's right that the Staff Editor will knock you down a peg or two when you step out of line.

10-01-2010, 11:26 AM
In this thread. Like I said, once you get proved wrong, you pretend you said something else.

What on earth have you proved wrong there?? :S

Chippiewill
10-01-2010, 11:28 AM
What on earth have you proved wrong there?? :S
You stated that it is a common phrase always used and then later you changed it to just used in Debates. :rolleyes:
Also comparing someone to 'common sense' is rude.

10-01-2010, 11:35 AM
You stated that it is a common phrase always used and then later you changed it to just used in Debates. :rolleyes:
Also comparing someone to 'common sense' is rude.

I never said it was solely used in debate, its used in all walks of life but mostly debate/heated discussion which it is.

AgnesIO
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM

Don't talk to me about staff rules - if we stuck by those rules, you may aswell fire every staff member. Go ahead. I didn't want my post to be an argument, I was actually trying to tell them both to shut the hell up, and support there team properly and stop arguing, but you know, think what you wish to think :S

You can make that 3 smods. Tbh Demala your attitude around the forum stinks. You seem to think you are above everyone else, even in this thread you come across giving them messgae "Oh it's only clowgon he doesn't matter".

I've also seen you being rude to new members. It's not the attitude we want, you aren't better than anyone else that uses the forum and it's right that the Staff Editor will knock you down a peg or two when you step out of line.

I look forward to your PM, quoting where I have been rude to new members. Please do, I would love to see your point fail.

I certainly don't think I am above 'everyone' else, however think you will realise by now that there are only a handful of people I don't get along with, and never will do.

Immenseman
10-01-2010, 01:53 PM
There is a reason why super moderators don't deal with staff members... to prevent habbox looking unprofessional and having staff members who are representing Habbox squabble about minor things on the forum. Setting a great example, bravo!

The Professor
10-01-2010, 01:56 PM
There is a reason why super moderators don't deal with staff members... to prevent habbox looking unprofessional and having staff members who are representing Habbox squabble about minor things on the forum. Setting a great example, bravo!

Agreed, its also a policy that warnings are not discussed on the forum and this thread is clearly disputing one specific warning since only one example was given in the OP. Thread should be put out of its misery imo.

Immenseman
10-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Invincible and Demala should be given a ticking off but they're staff so it's kk.

Jamesy
10-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Thread long gone off it's starting topic, therefore...

Thread Closed

Hecktix
10-01-2010, 02:02 PM
If anybody is going to jump down an AGM and Super Moderator's throat for a decision made then people are completely within their right to back up their favoured party.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!