PDA

View Full Version : A little advice / help please

Richie
11-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey,
Well I'm like the majority of teenagers, I download illegally. Over the past year or so I have been afraid of being caught. Recently I started to download everything via rapidshare as my ISP can only see how much I'm downloading and not what I'm downloading. I'd love to start using torrents again but only if I was able to do it without worrying about being caught, does IP changers actually work? Does anyone have any other advice?

Some of you are probably going to answer my question by saying "buy it, don't download illegaly". Although I know I should, I just haven't got the money to be spending on that sort of thing everyday. Another question I have is if your downloading illegally your going to be put up against a barrier of virus's, so what protection do you advise? whether its free or not.

I asked for advice / help on the questions above not to be answered by answers regarding buying my own music. Telling me I should buy my own music is going off topic as I'm not asking should I download music or not. I'm asking how can I do it without worrying about being caught. I don't want any links or anything as I am aware that's breaking forum rules.

Any helpful advice will be +Rep'd if possible.
Thanks,
Richard.

Blinger1
11-01-2010, 04:11 AM
Hey,
Well I'm like the majority of teenagers, I download illegally. Over the past year or so I have been afraid of being caught. Recently I started to download everything via rapidshare as my ISP can only see how much I'm downloading and not what I'm downloading. I'd love to start using torrents again but only if I was able to do it without worrying about being caught, does IP changers actually work? Does anyone have any other advice?

BUY UR MUSIC LEGALY M8 SRSLY!111111111

I dunno how the system works in the UK, but in Australia hardly anyone cares if you use torrents. I'd say the only people who complain are, well, the companies themselves!

I'm not sure how UseNet works, but you could look into that.

Some of you are probably going to answer my question by saying "buy it, don't download illegaly". Although I know I should, I just haven't got the money to be spending on that sort of thing everyday. Another question I have is if your downloading illegally your going to be put up against a barrier of virus's, so what protection do you advise? whether its free or not.

I thought you could only get a virus from exe(cutable) files. So if you are just downloading music you'll be fine. I use Norton Internet Security and AV which you can buy a license for, for about 10 pounds at the MOST off eBay which most are legit. Just look at feedback. Then download the software from norton.com or whatever it is, then enter your license key.

I asked for advice / help on the questions above not to be answered by answers regarding buying my own music. Telling me I should buy my own music is going off topic as I'm not asking should I download music or not. I'm asking how can I do it without worrying about being caught. I don't want any links or anything as I am aware that's breaking forum rules.

I thought you shouldn't be playing illegal music as a DJ anyway (i don't care if i am honest).

Any helpful advice will be +Rep'd if possible.
Thanks,
Richard.

k thanks, bye.

Richie
11-01-2010, 04:24 AM
BUY UR MUSIC LEGALY M8 SRSLY!111111111

I dunno how the system works in the UK, but in Australia hardly anyone cares if you use torrents. I'd say the only people who complain are, well, the companies themselves!

I'm not sure how UseNet works, but you could look into that.
I dunno what its like in the uk either I'm in Ireland ;)

I thought you could only get a virus from exe(cutable) files. So if you are just downloading music you'll be fine. I use Norton Internet Security and AV which you can buy a license for, for about 10 pounds at the MOST off eBay which most are legit. Just look at feedback. Then download the software from norton.com or whatever it is, then enter your license key.
What about getting a avg crack, not that I would :rolleyes:.

I thought you shouldn't be playing illegal music as a DJ anyway (i don't care if i am honest).

I don't care what anyone says at least 90% of the habbo fansites DJ's download music illegally. I'm just one of the few who aren't afraid to admit it.

I can't +Rep you atm,
Thanks anyways,
Dorkenemy.

Blinger1
11-01-2010, 04:30 AM
I dunno what its like in the uk either I'm in Ireland ;)

Research your laws then.

What about getting a avg crack, not that I would :rolleyes:.

Just spend the ten bucks on a serial, it'll save heaps of hassles. Trust me ;)

Richie
11-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Just spend the ten bucks on a serial, it'll save heaps of hassles. Trust me ;)

Ok thanks.

if customers continue to share files, they will be issued with a formal warning and on the third count, have their account terminated so that they can no longer access the internet.

So I get my internet terminated?

I haven't got one warning yet, but if I get one then il stop.

Recursion
11-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Your ISP can still see what you're downloading on Rapidshare. To be fair when a song is only 29p on AmazonMP3, just what is the point? LOL

Richie
11-01-2010, 07:36 AM
29p on AmazonMP3, just what is the point? LOL

But majority of the time that's not the case, songs can cost up to 1£. One song doesn't seem an awful lot but when you get 50 songs that's 50£.

xxMATTGxx
11-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Your ISP can still see what you're downloading on Rapidshare. To be fair when a song is only 29p on AmazonMP3, just what is the point? LOL

Yeah but its not going to be cheap when you are wanting to buy multiple songs. It all adds up in the end. :(

::Art::
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey I'm from Ireland too. Tbh I'm not worried about illegal downloads. Mostly all I download is albums anyway. Besides arnt they ment to giv u a warning before they take action to someting like dis?

hah
11-01-2010, 03:01 PM
On the 24 July 2009, an Order was made by the High Court requiring eircom to block or otherwise disable access by its subscribers to the website thePirateBay.org, its related domain names, IP addresses and URLs. The Court was satisfied that on the basis of the evidence presented by the record companies that the PirateBay website is a website that facilitates the exchange of copyrighted sound recordings without the consent of the copyright owners.

eircom recognises the legitimate rights of the owners of copyrighted material and believes that individuals who share or download copyrighted material without the authorisation or the permission of the copyright owner are acting illegally.

The Order further provides that should the PirateBay website content be legitimatised in the future, then eircom has liberty to apply to the Court to have the Order vacated and access to the PirateBay website enabled.

eircom in compliance with the Order has agreed that access to the website the PirateBay.org, its related domain names, IP addresses and URLs from the eircom network will be blocked indefinitely from the 1st September 2009.

eircom would like to reassure customers that:
eircom will not monitor customer’s activities at any stage, nor will it place any monitoring equipment or software on its network in order to facilitate this block.
eircom will not provide personal details or any information relating to customers to any third party, including the record companies.

i still use torrents from tpb

Markeh
11-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I thought you could only get a virus from exe(cutable) files. So if you are just downloading music you'll be fine.

Partially incorrect. Viruses are mainly from .exe files, BUT.
You can disguise an .exe file as an .mp3 or indeed any format.

Tomm
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Downloading music is old. Spotify ftw.

Bewilcorp
11-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I use torrents, limewire and stuff. never been caught. Although when i went to school years ago this girl got caught copying CD's and selling them on. She got fined and couple of thousand. do it at your own risk!

Tomm
11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
I think the main problem in that situation was that she was selling them on.

I use torrents, limewire and stuff. never been caught. Although when i went to school years ago this girl got caught copying CD's and selling them on. She got fined and couple of thousand. do it at your own risk!

Recursion
11-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Agreed... well, I will when T-Mobile UK's network is totally 3G so that I can use it on the go properly.

PatrickMS
11-01-2010, 05:07 PM
But majority of the time that's not the case, songs can cost up to 1£. One song doesn't seem an awful lot but when you get 50 songs that's 50£.

When getting one song I usually use Youtube downloaders, for an album I might use megaupload/RS (not often), for bulk of songs i'll spend £10 on those 100 song CD's.

Recursion
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM

Can't say I've seen any £1 songs on AmazonMP3

The Professor
11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Some are 99p aren't they? The newest ones? idk :P

Tbh rapidshare is great i'd just carry on using that. For antiviruses you might as well pirate one if you have a rapidshare account, eset or avast or avg or whatever else is going tbh, none are really bad.

Richie
11-01-2010, 06:21 PM
i still use torrents from tpb

I do love eircom, thanks for posting that.

Tbh rapidshare is great i'd just carry on using that. For antiviruses you might as well pirate one if you have a rapidshare account, eset or avast or avg or whatever else is going tbh, none are really bad.

I'm currently using, microsoft essetials security, I think il be ok with that for now cheers mate.

Spotify is still not avalible in Ireland, Yes I could get someone else to register for me but after a few days they block your account until you verify that your from the uk, its a continues battle that I can't be bothered with.

+rep to all above

Markeh
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM

Avast is free anyway, all you have to do is register it for free every 15 months or something.

The Professor
11-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Don't they have a paid one? idk :P

Markeh
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
They do have a paid one, for business use.

Chippiewill
11-01-2010, 09:02 PM

This. Spotify FTW.

Colin-Roberts
11-01-2010, 09:08 PM
only problem is spotify doesn't work in many countries

Tomm
11-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Well its about time we got something good here in England that people in America can't use :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!