PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Is this email a scam?

Lew
11-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Im wondering because it asks me to change my password, and also because it says 'Thanks for your Email' which I didnt send, I have not sent any recently. oh yea and i also thought it was [email protected]://i47.tinypic.com/2luvvww.png

Hecktix
11-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I fail to see how it could be a scam, perhaps you sent an email to player support a long time ago and forgot?

Accipiter
11-01-2010, 05:41 PM
or someone else done it for him recently but was just ******ed.

Arron
11-01-2010, 05:46 PM
if it was a scam email, then that's pretty convincing, i mean:

The email address is quite suitable
The email body is addressed formally (no mistakes like noobs do)
and it says 0rca and contact details - it looks legitimate.

if you didnt request for help on changing your password/email then do not do what the email is asking you to do. it could always be someone (scammer) sending a HHT message to Habbo Staff about changing your password because you've forgot it. If this is the case then this scammer failed.

Black_Apalachi
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
if it was a scam email, then that's pretty convincing, i mean:

The email address is quite suitable
The email body is addressed formally (no mistakes like noobs do)
and it says 0rca and contact details - it looks legitimate.

if you didnt request for help on changing your password/email then do not do what the email is asking you to do. it could always be someone (scammer) sending a HHT message to Habbo Staff about changing your password because you've forgot it. If this is the case then this scammer failed.

Convincing yet useless. All it's telling him to do is change his password. He can do it if he likes, nothing will happen.

Lew
12-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I remember an old email, I never got a reply for. I kept getting Dc'd frequently so maybe its for that?

Mickword
12-01-2010, 08:24 PM
No its still a scam. I feel like I know about these for some reason.

I feel like that this email or the person behind it already knows your email password. And being quite smart he or she could just get you to change your password to your email. I do suggest changing your password like. As I do every time I get a email from Habbo or anything like that I change the password for that account or system. Just to be safe.

It might be real, but reply if you get a reply back you might be able to find out in the replied email. So yeah.

EDIT: OMG Just noticed, all Habbo replies have the email you sent doesn't it? So yeah.

AgnesIO
12-01-2010, 09:04 PM

I feel like that this email or the person behind it already knows your email password. And being quite smart he or she could just get you to change your password to your email. I do suggest changing your password like. As I do every time I get a email from Habbo or anything like that I change the password for that account or system. Just to be safe.

It might be real, but reply if you get a reply back you might be able to find out in the replied email. So yeah.

EDIT: OMG Just noticed, all Habbo replies have the email you sent doesn't it? So yeah.

It's not a scam ;\

If someone was trying to scam you they would have linked you to a scam site which looked like habbo :)

And Mick seriouisly there is no point changing your pword everytime you get an email from habbo lool

Mickword
13-01-2010, 02:42 PM
No, I don't mean like that. I mean I change it like if I get a email that looks bad if you get me :P. I am just really over concerned about this. I also get very paranoid.

Pyroka
13-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Nah its not a scam, if you changed your pw then how would they find it out cuz theyre not asking to know it.

Ardemax
13-01-2010, 03:11 PM
No, they tell you to go to the actual habbo site, if it was a scam, they would redirect you to a phisher or some *REMOVED*

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter, thanks.

Kyle
13-01-2010, 04:20 PM
0rca told you to change your pw because you said you kept getting dced, as in she thinks you;'re getting dced by someone who knows your pw

Grippz
13-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Looks legit, I thought though that the email player support use was '[email protected]' hmhm It doesn't ask for any personal info so maybe it is legit :D

iPheonix
13-01-2010, 05:15 PM

100% scam free. Unless we have FINCH-HIMself's son on the loose then I doubt it is anything to be worried about.

[Jay]
13-01-2010, 07:42 PM
It is legit d/w

Martin
13-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah, as the others have pointed out, it looks perfectly safe.

If it was suspicious it would most likely contain links to a "fake" login page, or get you to send your details somehow to them. The fact that they are giving you advice on how to change your password the normal way is fine.

Looks like the normal email address too. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. :D

Laurensh1
23-01-2010, 06:23 PM
It could be a tactic that there's an keylogger on your PC and they want you to change the pass so they see it or somehow, but this would already work when you login via the homepage? Either way, scan your PC and taking a new password does never harm, I believe.

Fivas
23-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I got an email from player support replying to an email I sent to them about 3 months ago. I think it's because of the player support staff changes, and 0rca coming back

Lew
23-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks guys!

Mr-Trainor
24-01-2010, 03:41 PM

Yea but usually at the bottom which is not on the screenie as it wouldn't be able to fit on :P

Wig44.
24-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know why people think that emails that ask you to change your password on the official site are scams.

jackisback1
20-02-2010, 08:06 PM
It could be a tactic that there's an keylogger on your PC and they want you to change the pass so they see it or somehow, but this would already work when you login via the homepage? Either way, scan your PC and taking a new password does never harm, I believe.
Exactly my thoughts:confused_

Sulai
20-02-2010, 08:19 PM
i doubt it is real.. but it isn't a scam.. probably a joke from a code written address.

-Shakira:.
20-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Nope that's the real deal the player support email so yeah :)

triston220
27-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Possibly he has been keylogged but has set his habbo password to be remembered by typing a new password, the person that keylogged him has their password.

Adamm
27-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Integrated session stealer.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!