PDA

View Full Version : Minister for Transport wants to cut off water supply in Ireland

Richie
11-01-2010, 06:35 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0111/weatherwater.html

What the hell are they thinking, seriously they can't just take away our water supply. Its not very fair on those who aren't abusing there water supply's aka my household.

jackass
11-01-2010, 06:38 PM
They don't mean they will cut it OFF, it means there will be CUTS, as in limited supplys to households. :P

-:Undertaker:-
11-01-2010, 06:42 PM
It is a joke that in the British Isles our governments cannot gather enough water in what is one of the most water-logged climates on Earth - but hey, politicians at their best again!

Jordy
11-01-2010, 06:53 PM
It is a joke that in the British Isles our governments cannot gather enough water in what is one of the most water-logged climates on Earth - but hey, politicians at their best again!I don't believe the UK has problems with water supplies? We have an enormous amount of reservoirs in the Peak District and a number of reserves too.

11-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't believe the UK has problems with water supplies? We have an enormous amount of reservoirs in the Peak District and a number of reserves too.

We have had water shortages in the past, and British Isles is referring to both the UK and ROI - ROI being more related to this thread of course.

GommeInc
11-01-2010, 07:01 PM
We have had water shortages in the past, and British Isles is referring to both the UK and ROI - ROI being more related to this thread of course.
We've had shortages? I thought they were fear mongering and lies, and exposed as such? :S Norfolk had water shortages, until someone went to the reservoir(s) and said "Alot of water down there...."

And yes, they're water cuts for Ireland :) It would be pretty cruel cutting off the water entirely :P

11-01-2010, 07:04 PM
We've had shortages? I thought they were fear mongering and lies, and exposed as such? :S Norfolk had water shortages, until someone went to the reservoir(s) and said "Alot of water down there...."

And yes, they're water cuts for Ireland :) It would be pretty cruel cutting off the water entirely :P

Councils across UK mostly in the South tried to stop people using their water on gardens etc, the housepipe ban and so on in the summer although i'm not sure whether it was last summer or the summer before, or even both. If the case is we are running out of water, then we need to build more reservoirs.

GommeInc
11-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Councils across UK mostly in the South tried to stop people using their water on gardens etc, the housepipe ban and so on in the summer although i'm not sure whether it was last summer or the summer before, or even both. If the case is we are running out of water, then we need to build more reservoirs.
I know, there was a hose pipe ban here. It was foiled as aload of botox when people went to the reservoirs and realised not alot had changed and that water wasn't running out :P

xxMATTGxx
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM

The last time I've heard anything like that was when we had that very hot summer one year.

hah
11-01-2010, 07:15 PM
omg this is about ireland not uk undertaker :@:@: lol

ye my water is gone :(

Richie
11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
omg this is about ireland not uk undertaker :@:@: lol

ye my water is gone :(

omg mine better not be!

hah
11-01-2010, 07:19 PM
only water in the tank works

so hot/shower/toilet/bathroom sink
lol

cant even get it from my fridge :'(

Black_Apalachi
11-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I don't get how water demand can be at an all time high in weather like this :S.

Anyway, have the taps actually been cut off in some counties? In Limerick they have to actually go and collect their water?

Co Limerick

Limerick City Council is supplying water at a number of locations and people can collect water in containers.

Limerick County Council is doing likewise and is providing water for collection at its offices at Dooradoyle, Annacotty, Kilmallock, Rathkeale and Newcastlewest.

hah
13-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Ye like big tankers come around so they can get water. Its back now. And people leave their taps running so piped dont frezzez thats why its in high demand

StefanWolves
15-01-2010, 12:47 AM
*REMOVED*

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude

15-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Undertaker talks though his backside :S

Or even perhaps if you could remember you would remember the United Kingdom did suffer water shortages a few summers ago, in which I was showing how governments fail to prepare for events such as these when it should be there key focus especially as it is Ireland which is a water-rich country all year round.

hah
15-01-2010, 12:58 AM
water gone again lolllllll
loads of pipes burst cause of weather

Geraint
15-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Undertaker do you blame everything on the government?

15-01-2010, 01:00 AM
water gone again lolllllll
loads of pipes burst cause of weather

Ouch, how are you all getting water for baths/showers or are you going without? :P

Undertaker do you blame everything on the government?

Well yeah, because the government are in control and when the government has not built enough water supplies then the blame lies with the government. Water pipes bursting is not the fault of the government though, obviously.

Geraint
15-01-2010, 01:01 AM
Ouch, how are you all getting water for baths/showers or are you going without? :P

This is Ireland we're talking about

hah
15-01-2010, 01:06 AM
i go to my nannys lol.

**** you geraint lol

im off school tomorrow cause there is no water so heating is broke lol

kk.
15-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Everyone should be on a meter, enough said really

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!