PDA

View Full Version : Politics Help.

PaulMacC
14-01-2010, 04:22 PM
We're studying constitutions and we've been asked to write an essay on the following questions, I am allowed to pick one so if you could give me some points and one to pick as I am currently clueless

1 - "Discuss the view that the British Constitution is too flexible and the American Constitution is too rigid"

2 - "The US Constitution is entrenched and rigid where as the UK has no Constitution at all, Discuss"

Many thanks.

PaulMacC
14-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry for the bump but I need some help on this before tomorrow.

Bun
14-01-2010, 06:02 PM
We're studying constitutions and we've been asked to write an essay on the following questions, I am allowed to pick one so if you could give me some points and one to pick as I am currently clueless

1 - "Discuss the view that the British Constitution is too flexible and the American Constitution is too rigid"

2 - "The US Constitution is entrenched and rigid where as the UK has no Constitution at all, Discuss"

Many thanks.
Write about how the British Constitution is uncodified whereas the US is. This means the British Constiution is made up of mainly conventions, whereas the US Constitution has strict articles which can only be changed by amendments. The US Constitution is incredibly hard to amend as it requires 2/3 majority in both the House and the Senate and 3/4 of States approvals. To show this you could slip in there has only ever been 27 amendments (10 of these were the Bill of Rights just 4 years after the US Constitution was composed in 1787). Infact where you talk about the UK you talk about Parliament being sovereign, but in the US you talk about the Constitution being sovereign. Going to have my tea but if there's any questions or anything i'll keep checking back to see how you're getting on. :P

PaulMacC
14-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Thanks, anymore points. The essay needs to be like 2 pages xD

Bun
14-01-2010, 06:47 PM
erm i don't really have the time to go too into it but www.tutor2u.net (http://www.tutor2u.net) is really good for AS Politics.

PaulMacC
14-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Okay thanks +rep

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!