PDA

View Full Version : GSCE'S results and the Examiner

United-Clowgon
15-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Got my results which were a F in Maths and a A in English.

Though the Teacher said i was one mark off a A* in English so they are going to send it back and contest what i got - She warned me to prepare for the worse as they don't like to be told they got it wrong.

Yeah F in Maths, not surprised really.

Shcl
15-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Found out I'm on an E in Maths so I'll probably be doing a bridgin course for 6thform? ;l

United-Clowgon
15-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Found out I'm on an E in Maths so I'll probably be doing a bridgin course for 6thform? ;l

Gonna retake?

Immenseman
15-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Well done in English James :D In my first Maths module, I got a U haha. I got a pass by the end of year 11 but yeah maths is the epitome of evil.

Geraint
15-01-2010, 05:41 PM
You want an A* and you can't even spell GCSE?

Nemo
15-01-2010, 05:48 PM
btter not say wat i got in my maths then...

Special
15-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I prefer English to Maths as well, I got a B in English and a B in the first module for maths and a D in the second. I'm at a C in science but I'm failing Spanish... currently half way through GCSE's

United-Clowgon
15-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Well done in English James :D In my first Maths module, I got a U haha. I got a pass by the end of year 11 but yeah maths is the epitome of evil.

Thanks Jake. :) What was your reaction when you got a U? :P

You want an A* and you can't even spell GCSE?

It's my errr Keyboard, weird set up. :eusa_whis :eusa_wall

btter not say wat i got in my maths then...

B? Wait A* ;)

I prefer English to Maths as well, I got a B in English and a B in the first module for maths and a D in the second. I'm at a C in science but I'm failing Spanish... currently half way through GCSE's

That's good to hear. :) Ye, since the very early days of school i struggled a lot with maths. I can't do algebra and anything with shapes. I'm doing applied Science and i struggle a LOT with it.

As you can see, I struggle academically. :P

Immenseman
15-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks Jake. :) What was your reaction when you got a U? :P
wasn't bothered. it was in year 9 (WHO DOES A GCSE THEN) and a paper that second set did in year 11, it was meant to be for the 'clever' students and i failed epicly. i knew it wasn't the end of the world :)

i'm much happier with writing based subjects because i can produce a mean essay

syko2006
15-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Argh, don't talk to me about maths. :l

I worked my balls off the last 7 months for the module one maths exam and I got my result today.

F. -_-''

Andys
15-01-2010, 08:02 PM
In year 10 so haven't done many GCSE's, but got my maths module one back yesterday, and got an A :)

Also got a B in physics, and haven't had back my biology result yet.

United-Clowgon
15-01-2010, 08:10 PM
wasn't bothered. it was in year 9 (WHO DOES A GCSE THEN) and a paper that second set did in year 11, it was meant to be for the 'clever' students and i failed epicly. i knew it wasn't the end of the world :)

i'm much happier with writing based subjects because i can produce a mean essay

Year 9? Jesus. I bet you was under immense pressure. I know i would.

Yeah, same I'm quite good with English - Writing. I'm quite good with literature too but i can't crack Shakespeare and i think our English Literature GCSE exam will be base on it. :(

I worked my balls off the last 7 months for the module one maths exam and I got my result today.

F. -_-''

Ahhh gutted for ya. Tbh, i didn't try in Maths, i didn't really revise but Maths is quite important. Good luck for you're retake!

kk.
15-01-2010, 08:10 PM
maths ftw

Nemo
15-01-2010, 09:10 PM
B? Wait A* ;)

Not quite, A :p but still happy wit that. and didnt u revise a lot or wut?

ecstasy
15-01-2010, 09:39 PM

F. -_-''

ouch. look on the bright side, module 1 contributes the least towards your overall mark + you can resit it

chantellehugs
15-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I hate Maths too, I got my result for the second module we were doing yesterday, a C...
It's a pass, but I was really disappointed, so I have to retake it in March.
What I hate about English is that we fast-tracked, we started our Shakespeare coursework in the middle of Year 9 and I got a D :S But we just speed through everything so quickly it's crazy.
And I have a feeling that for Science I've failed my exam, even though I got a B in the mock, the exam for it yesterday was harder... :'(

United-Clowgon
15-01-2010, 09:42 PM
In year 10 so haven't done many GCSE's, but got my maths module one back yesterday, and got an A :)

Also got a B in physics, and haven't had back my biology result yet.

Well done. :D

maths ftw

No school altogether ftw! Sounds much better. :)

Not quite, A :p but still happy wit that. and didnt u revise a lot or wut?

Ah that's great. I didn't revise at all tbh. I'm doing funcional skills exam aswell (27th) so i can pass my Diploma - Creative and Media I'm taking.

God, I'm doomed.

syko2006
15-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Ahhh gutted for ya. Tbh, i didn't try in Maths, i didn't really revise but Maths is quite important. Good luck for you're retake!

That's the problem, I try hard in maths but I don't get anywhere! Lol. Maths has always been my weak spot in school! :(

ouch. look on the bright side, module 1 contributes the least towards your overall mark + you can resit it

Yea, my teacher said I could resit it in November if my results in future mocks etc get better. I can honestly say I'm gonna' put SO much effort in now! Lol. :)

ecstasy
15-01-2010, 09:49 PM
i have another exam on thursday as well :l

Wig44.
15-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I didn't get any maths results recently, only had 'em for Unit 1 and Unit 2. Well I've got an A/A* borderline in maths and a strong A* in english which shocked me really as I thought I'd just written a load of **** in the exam. Something about Katie Price being a little ****.

Rixion
16-01-2010, 01:34 AM
maths is hard but im pleased to know i got an A

CHA!NGANG
16-01-2010, 01:41 AM
I found GCSE Maths easy but then again A-Level maths is such a big step that your bound to think it was easy. I can see why people struggle, I'm struggling at A-Level and I wish I never took it as it's holding me back. Oh and contesting is just when they send it for a remark. People do it all the time, i've done it. They go up sometimes, or they go down but seeing as your a high A then it won't go down to a B but it's worth a shot as it could go to an A*.

United-Clowgon
16-01-2010, 06:03 AM
I found GCSE Maths easy but then again A-Level maths is such a big step that your bound to think it was easy. I can see why people struggle, I'm struggling at A-Level and I wish I never took it as it's holding me back. Oh and contesting is just when they send it for a remark. People do it all the time, i've done it. They go up sometimes, or they go down but seeing as your a high A then it won't go down to a B but it's worth a shot as it could go to an A*.

Yea my teacher said it could go down but i don't understand how can that possibly be? If it did it would because the person who marked it, didn't mark it properly right?

One mark, just one. I really do hope they find somewhere where they can add me some more marks.

Black_Apalachi
16-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I can't describe how relieved I was to pass maths so I didn't have to redo it in sixth form. Hated the subject.

TaffTalk
17-01-2010, 03:28 PM
I remember GCSE's, Piss easy compared the A's and Degree's. I sat the foundation Maths paper and got a C, chuffed about that. Had a A* in English and History, woop! and a B in everything else.

Immenseman
17-01-2010, 03:52 PM
I can't describe how relieved I was to pass maths so I didn't have to redo it in sixth form. Hated the subject.
first time ever irl i have agreed with you about something

hideous subject

dbgtz
17-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I somehow fluke myself through maths. In my school we do like past GCSE papers as "assessments" and my target atm is a C (my end target is an A though). And I somehow got a C? :S I had one hour less (2 hour paper), no calculator (calculator paper), infact besides the test I had a pen and ruler lol. Tbh I am just one big fluke.

In English coursework piece #1 I got an A and still aint got number 2 back, but anything a C or above is amazing because my sets target grades are a C or B (I'm set 3 :S) and the fact I always rush it at the last minute (apart from work in class).

Also with science mods #1 I got an A-B-B (A in biology) and somehow I got an A* in physics, A in biology and B in chemistry. I hardly revise and this over guy got 2 Cs and a D lol, he revised like mental.

I'm basically saying I'm a fluke in school. Tbh I could write "boner" in my Business coursework and still get a distinction. That's mostly because she loved my brother so xD

luce
17-01-2010, 05:09 PM
which module was that? If you are doing modular which i take you are because you have results now LOL

Also my friend gained 10 marks off two history papers in AS level and it moved her from high C to high B so it's worth it really? What's the worst that can happen you keep an A LOL!

Erm well so far i am on an A* combined module 1+3 and i took my mock for 5 and got B and i haven't learnt half the course yet which is sweet. Then again i want to take math a level so i need to get an A to get accept which i am planning to get :)

RS and PE i got 100% in my mocks and i got 375/400 last year in PE overall practical, coursework and exam. So i'm made up about that.

English i was predicted A/B in both lit and lang before my mocks but i think that may go to an A now which is what i need.

French i'm predicted an A which is the lowest grade i'm predicted and there's only one of them so i hope to boost it to an A.

GCSEs aren't had if you revise it only tests your ability to retain information not if you can actually know anything or form opinions as a result of stuff, that comes at A level and if you don't like that take a BTEC or whatever they are :)!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!