PDA

View Full Version : Gunpack?

Jord
15-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Now this isnt true but how amazing would it be for a gunpack?

I'd pay ms points for gun pack :P

imagen M40A3 In there

Oh my god I'd be so happy if there was going to be a gunpack, They would make so much cash from it aswell

Closed by Orangeesh (Forum Moderator): Thread closed due to arguments.

dbgtz
15-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Id pay £10 for 4 maps, this gunpack idea, the callsigns stuff and spec ops stuff. Knowing activision they'll charge £12 for the map pack and it will pretty much just be maps and a couple of callsigns.

Neil
15-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I doubt they'll add more callsigns and stuff to be honest, a map pack or two perhaps but I doubt it'll go beyond that, it wouldn't work at all if you had players who don't have the gun pack in games with players that do, not going to happen.

Geraint
15-01-2010, 07:23 PM
When are the map packs coming out?

Middlesbrough
15-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I doubt they'll add more callsigns and stuff to be honest, a map pack or two perhaps but I doubt it'll go beyond that, it wouldn't work at all if you had players who don't have the gun pack in games with players that do, not going to happen.

402 has been asking for callsign suggestions via twitter.

And I don't see why not.

Fez
15-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Bowling tweeted they're working on Spec Ops, Callsigns and Emblems and maps.

Callsigns and Emblems could become micro-transaction brap tings, £0.50 for a callsign/emblem pack or something.

Black_Apalachi
15-01-2010, 07:38 PM
The game would become **** for the poor kids who wouldn't be able to buy them or those of us who just don't want to have to spend extra money on a game. It's best to leave games as they are so it's fair.

Neil
15-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I don't see the big deal with call-signs, they're just as pointless as golden guns were, maps I would buy but not call-signs and the thought of them selling guns is just flat out stupid.

samsaBEAR
15-01-2010, 08:09 PM
i wouldn't buy callsigns, but i'd like more added to be gained from new challenges and the like

dbgtz
15-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I just hope this won't be the p take in how much it costs, if they're working on all of that no way will it be £8 (or w/e ms points it is). Hopefully the do split it up but I doubt it. They should make console specific callsign stuff, for example a title saying PS3 and the emblem is the console or the controller. I dunno I get it later (like many) so :P

J0SH
15-01-2010, 11:05 PM
The game would become **** for the poor kids who wouldn't be able to buy them or those of us who just don't want to have to spend extra money on a game. It's best to leave games as they are so it's fair.

It's optional if people want to buy DLC or not, if they can't afford it tough **** for them.

Black_Apalachi
16-01-2010, 05:50 AM
It's optional if people want to buy DLC or not, if they can't afford it tough **** for them.

But it basically means anyone who doesn't buy it will pretty much stop playing all together because there will be a lot of people who do buy it and therefore have an advantage, making it crap for everyone else. It will never happen for this very reason.

Blinger1
16-01-2010, 07:24 AM
But it basically means anyone who doesn't buy it will pretty much stop playing all together because there will be a lot of people who do buy it and therefore have an advantage, making it crap for everyone else. It will never happen for this very reason.
Not really. There is no advantage to having a new callsign and emblem?

samsaBEAR
16-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Not really. There is no advantage to having a new callsign and emblem?

i think he's refering to the gunpack, and he's got a point, look at halo, it's got about 10 playlists, but unless you have all the DLC you can only play on like 3 or 4, which sucks for people like me who likes halo, but doesn't like it enough to buy 3 map packs

Jord
16-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Actaully gunpack wont do anything if you dont have it :rolleyes:

You get killed by it big woop

You can walk over the gun pick it up, Use it until you die but you cant keep it forever.

Just pretend I am level 70 Using the AK and you are level 1.

If I die you can pick up my gun but you have not got it yet

SORTED.

Black_Apalachi
16-01-2010, 10:07 AM
i think he's refering to the gunpack, and he's got a point, look at halo, it's got about 10 playlists, but unless you have all the DLC you can only play on like 3 or 4, which sucks for people like me who likes halo, but doesn't like it enough to buy 3 map packs

Don't worry, he knew full well since that is the thread title. He's just trying to be a **** as usual. If there were separate lobbies for people who have downloaded extra content, then it would work, but it would be kind of pointless as well.

Jord
16-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Right everyone forget new playlists and call signs.

GUNS.

Its just like you being a level 20 or something and picking up a level 48 ACR And using it.

You can use it.. But you cant use it whenever you want due to you not unlocked it yet.

Neil
16-01-2010, 01:36 PM
It's fair enough to say a level 1 can just pick up an AK but a gunpack would REQUIRE you to download it even to see the models of the guns let alone use them, if it was a thing that let you use existing guns at lower levels then sure but adding new guns to the game is a completely different story, not to mention, how would they unlock? It's a bit unfair to say you can load up MW2 multiplayer for the first time and if you're dumb enough to pay for fake guns for a game you'll stop playing in a year at level 1 you will be basically sorted throughout and removes the purpose of ranking up.

Accipiter
16-01-2010, 01:50 PM
dunno if its been seen before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYWvAFOwDUU

i like how they're going "would you want to pay for something you already have in your game" pretty much yeah cause i don't want my console banned... That game type looks **** but no doubt more would come with it, probably a map to suit the game type seeing as how long it takes to capture you could be laid to **** around 15 times...

+ it might not even be dlc it might just be something they made but left on the disc.

Jord
16-01-2010, 02:40 PM
It's fair enough to say a level 1 can just pick up an AK but a gunpack would REQUIRE you to download it even to see the models of the guns let alone use them, if it was a thing that let you use existing guns at lower levels then sure but adding new guns to the game is a completely different story, not to mention, how would they unlock? It's a bit unfair to say you can load up MW2 multiplayer for the first time and if you're dumb enough to pay for fake guns for a game you'll stop playing in a year at level 1 you will be basically sorted throughout and removes the purpose of ranking up.

They put an update out when they do the gunpack..

Not hard. You get the view the guns. Once you unlock them (Placed randomly through out levels) If you try put it on your class

" You Do not have the recommended downloadable content to use this weapon click here to buy"

done.

not hard.

Neil
16-01-2010, 03:25 PM
They put an update out when they do the gunpack..

Not hard. You get the view the guns. Once you unlock them (Placed randomly through out levels) If you try put it on your class

" You Do not have the recommended downloadable content to use this weapon click here to buy"

done.

not hard.

You keep trying to convince yourself, the truth is it's not happening, it's just too much hassle just so people can have extra guns and to be honest anyone sad enough to pay money just for guns on a game is pathetic.

It's obvious IW are gonna release map packs and apparently callsign stuff for MW2 then save all the good stuff for MW3 so they can squeeze more money out of everyone, it works every other time, I'm not even gonna waste my money on this game anymore, I'll wait until Treyarch release CoD7 for something new because at least they make the CoD games how they're meant to be still. ¬¬

dbgtz
16-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Youre saying the game has robbed squeezed us of money? The game itself hasn't IMO, loads of people get lots of entertainment from it, it's just loads of things were milked like the ghost monster juice thing and stuff. You're saying DLC is a bad thing when it keeps most companies afloat, considering the cost of discs (blurays being more expensive too), the staff at the devs and publishers. Although activision/IW could have included more in their collectors editions. I mean for £70, with the hardened you got the game in a a steelbook, cod 1 and a small artbook. With the Assassins creed BE (same price) you got the game in normal casing, a decent sized (dunno exact size) figurine, larger artbook, ingame dlc, avatar dlc, some tracks & extras, a cool scenery on the box and generally a nice box with embedded stuff on it.

Activision are greedy but DLC is how most companies keep afloat.

And whats your "definition" of a cod game, sticking to the same old shooting boring stuff with the same guns and the same scenerys, oh what fun.

Neil
16-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Youre saying the game has robbed squeezed us of money? The game itself hasn't IMO, loads of people get lots of entertainment from it, it's just loads of things were milked like the ghost monster juice thing and stuff. You're saying DLC is a bad thing when it keeps most companies afloat, considering the cost of discs (blurays being more expensive too), the staff at the devs and publishers. Although activision/IW could have included more in their collectors editions. I mean for £70, with the hardened you got the game in a a steelbook, cod 1 and a small artbook. With the Assassins creed BE (same price) you got the game in normal casing, a decent sized (dunno exact size) figurine, larger artbook, ingame dlc, avatar dlc, some tracks & extras, a cool scenery on the box and generally a nice box with embedded stuff on it.

Activision are greedy but DLC is how most companies keep afloat.

And whats your "definition" of a cod game, sticking to the same old shooting boring stuff with the same guns and the same scenerys, oh what fun.

No IW squeeze money out of you, I never said the game did. :rolleyes:

Ever since CoD4 the franchise has become crap anyway, CoD2 was the perfect CoD game, the multiplayer had one flaw and that was grenade spam, there was no perks, no kill streaks, no ranks, I don't even think they had a leaderboard, no way to track anything, it was just the core game, not the crap that has come from CoD4, they're ruining their own franchise by expanding the audience and make the game easier in general, CoD was always looked at for being really diffcult and now anyone can finish veteran with little to no problems, at least Treyarch got WaW right.

To be honest as far as I'm concerned "Modern Warfare" is a failure to the franchise, obviously as a product it's certainly succedded but it's not what the previous games are, hopefully IW will leave at MW3 and let Treyarch do all the work, least it's a hope of getting rid of all the 16 year old babies that QQ everytime they make a CoD game that isn't modern.

Also I don't mind DLC, I am happy to pay for map packs, I'm happy to pay for additional missions and such but for callsigns and guns is just plain stupid, same for collectors, I have no problems with collectors versions of games, unless it's one that's stupid and lets the people who pay extra have an unfair advantage, like giving them a code that unlocks all the guns or something.

dbgtz
16-01-2010, 04:33 PM
In a sense I agree with leaving MW3 as the last (but obv IW staying), overwise it will be milked more then WWII.

Also to me WAW was awful, so many bugs and errors. I liked it don't get me wrong but y'no, I prefer MW more I guess.

Jord
16-01-2010, 08:34 PM

You keep trying to convince yourself, the truth is it's not happening, it's just too much hassle just so people can have extra guns and to be honest anyone sad enough to pay money just for guns on a game is pathetic.

It's obvious IW are gonna release map packs and apparently callsign stuff for MW2 then save all the good stuff for MW3 so they can squeeze more money out of everyone, it works every other time, I'm not even gonna waste my money on this game anymore, I'll wait until Treyarch release CoD7 for something new because at least they make the CoD games how they're meant to be still. ¬¬

Please recap anywhere where I said it was true?

This thread is "What If"

People would pay for a map pack Is that pathetic? No. It adds up to more entertainment.

Map pack = More maps to play on.

Which is more entertainment

Gunpack = More Guns to use.

Which is even more entertainment due to new items.

Accipiter
16-01-2010, 08:36 PM
i want a new perk where you can use a ghillie with any gun :( that should be added in a dlc :'(

Jord
16-01-2010, 08:53 PM
i want a new perk where you can use a ghillie with any gun :( that should be added in a dlc :'(

LOL

That would annoy me so much with the campers hiding in the grass waiting for someone to pass the hole game going 1-0

Neil
16-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Please recap anywhere where I said it was true?

This thread is "What If"

People would pay for a map pack Is that pathetic? No. It adds up to more entertainment.

Map pack = More maps to play on.

Which is more entertainment

Gunpack = More Guns to use.

Which is even more entertainment due to new items.

Can't you read or does living in Hackney actually lower your IQ? I said I was fine with map packs, that does add replay value, guns however add no replay value, who gets back into a game because the model on the screen is slightly different from all the other models? Buying guns is pathetic, end.

Also I never said you said it was true but you seem awfully defensive about something that you say is a "what if". :rolleyes:

Jord
18-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Can't you read or does living in Hackney actually lower your IQ? I said I was fine with map packs, that does add replay value, guns however add no replay value, who gets back into a game because the model on the screen is slightly different from all the other models? Buying guns is pathetic, end.

Also I never said you said it was true but you seem awfully defensive about something that you say is a "what if". :rolleyes:

Guns do add replay value. I went on CoD4 Today for the M40A3

Which is a gun if you havnt noticed :)

I also Dont give 2 ***** about replay value I want GUN PACK FOR NOW

NOW NOW NOW

Not in the future NOW

Once mw2 is gone and then next cod game is out I am never touching it again. It is a BAD game

But I play it to make MONEY.

Jahova
18-01-2010, 03:49 PM
I would pay ;) Would be nice.

Fez
18-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm not going to buy anything that COD throws at me, I'll just buy Treyarch's CODs because I know they're always going to be fresh and new.

Yeah I said that. They may be a buggy mess, but Modern Warfare is already stale news. Infinity Ward need to make that new I.P they keep promising.

Neil
18-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Guns do add replay value. I went on CoD4 Today for the M40A3

Which is a gun if you havnt noticed :)

I also Dont give 2 ***** about replay value I want GUN PACK FOR NOW

NOW NOW NOW

Not in the future NOW

Once mw2 is gone and then next cod game is out I am never touching it again. It is a BAD game

But I play it to make MONEY.

Of all the things you said in this post I can't decide which is the most sad and pathetic one, you don't like MW2 yet to play it just because you earn money? You're a freak. o.O Why not submit something ORIGINAL to machinima, then you might be able to do something you enjoy. :rolleyes:

J0SH
18-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Of all the things you said in this post I can't decide which is the most sad and pathetic one, you don't like MW2 yet to play it just because you earn money? You're a freak. o.O Why not submit something ORIGINAL to machinima, then you might be able to do something you enjoy. :rolleyes:

Yep, he's a freak because he gets money playing a game, where's the logic in that? It's a video game it's for entertainment purposes, there may be a lot of flaws in the game but maybe he's playing it to shoot people up and because it's fresh meat? Won't need to put up with it for long anyway. Bring on BF BC2.

What do you want him to send to Machinima, a machinima? Hutch is getting a full time job now for posting CoD videos, he has his own show and they're flying him to L.A, so that proves he's making them lots of money from their YouTube partnership, which means people want to see commentated CoD gameplay. Seriously, don't get involved in a community you know nothing about, lol.

Stick with your little nerdy discussions with your "friends" that was an amazing hit.

Neil
18-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Yep, he's a freak because he gets money playing a game, where's the logic in that? It's a video game it's for entertainment purposes, there may be a lot of flaws in the game but maybe he's playing it to shoot people up and because it's fresh meat? Won't need to put up with it for long anyway. Bring on BF BC2.

What the hell are you on about? Did you completely ignore what he even put?

Let me make it clearer for you.

But I play it to make MONEY

Based on that alone he obviously has no interest in MW2, he doesn't find it fun and he's only playing it because he gets money from it, he could play something he enjoys, do something original for them instead of being a sheep and doing the same thing probably hundreds of others are doing, posting videos and talking over them? God damn, why didn't I think of that.. :rolleyes:

Edit - Oh QQ, the quotation of the word friends really hit a spot there, obviously you saw through the clever disguise in which those people that I see and speak to just about everyday are in fact just random people, they're not my friends this forum is all I have. :rolleyes:

Fez
18-01-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm happy for everyone getting on to Machinima, especially more for Paul, because he's actually a funny commentator.

It's getting a bit out of hand now, and people yelling all over the place that they hate they game, they still play it for money, grr grr friends you have none.

So much hate on the internet, why can't we all get along ;(

J0SH
18-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm happy for everyone getting on to Machinima, especially more for Paul, because he's actually a funny commentator.

It's getting a bit out of hand now, and people yelling all over the place that they hate they game, they still play it for money, grr grr friends you have none.

So much hate on the internet, why can't we all get along ;(

Well considering no one really wants to see CoD 4 and a small percentage want to see World at War becuase it was rarely played by commentators (only SeaNanners) do you not blame him for posting MW2?

Oh thanks for clearing things up Neil, I clearly weren't aware of what he posted. Didn't think I could read :(

See above as to why he's posting MW2. If he has no intrest in it he wouldn't have bothered prestiging.

Fez
18-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Well considering no one really wants to see CoD 4 and a small percentage want to see World at War becuase it was rarely played by commentators (only SeaNanners) do you not blame him for posting MW2?

Oh thanks for clearing things up Neil, I clearly weren't aware of what he posted. Didn't think I could read :(

See above as to why he's posting MW2. If he has no intrest in it he wouldn't have bothered prestiging.
I'm with Neil on this one though, MW2 is an awful game and it is kind of sheeply to just go along with posting commentaries all the time. I love the commentaries, some great people do them, and they're just nice to listen to.

If anything I'd like to see less popularised videos posted by everyone.

I think Machinima has gone down hill ever since they made Machinima Respawn... sorry... Machinima MW2 Commentaries. Nothing wrong with the commentary itself but I like to see different things.

I could go on.

J0SH
18-01-2010, 08:51 PM
People can post anything they want with their contract, people just tend to stick with MW2 because it's a new game and such, I'm sure that'll change when BF BC2 comes out, SAM5000 and The Trout 91 are giving up with MW2 and converting to that, so it won't just be MW2 gameplays.

Take Hutch for example, just posting MW2 videos and with his toolbar, this month alone he has made $27,000. Any idea why people are posting MW2 gameplays? ;)

Fez
18-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Doesn't Seananners earn like $3,000 a video?

He's a fat cat now, swinging his cane with the billionaires.

I can hear his voice now.

"Hello everyone, my name is Adam and I just bough three islands off of the cost of Panama. hehe."

J0SH
18-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Per American view for the first 25k views you get $50, I'm not sure if that's per video, then each 2k views you get $1 so after a week or two if his video gets 300k+ views he can earn a fortune, plus sxephil commented on his video so he went up like 20k subs, lol. (it was on Phil's recent activity so all his subs checked the video out)

Fez
18-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Per American view for the first 25k views you get $50, I'm not sure if that's per video, then each 2k views you get $1 so after a week or two if his video gets 300k+ views he can earn a fortune, plus sxephil commented on his video so he went up like 20k subs, lol. (it was on Phil's recent activity so all his subs checked the video out)
I forgot sxephil has a mass of fans who will sub up anything he touches.

Jord
18-01-2010, 09:12 PM

I am sad and pathetic for making money from playing a game? I play it to make money, Yes I am 15 I need money.

Look at you befor you talk about me

You post ****** little gay reviews or Podcast what ever you do on youtube

AND YOU GET 2 VIEWS. Where is the logic in that?

I've made over £400 from 2 Videos.

2 ******* videos...

Im going to play this BAD GAME Until I like. I am making money from it.

Its like a job is it not? Noone likes there job. Yet they do it to make money. But I do like my "job" I dislike half of the things in MW2.

And something original?

Haha I find that Ironic because there was only 8 Of us befor posting call of duty videos BEFOR ANYONE ELSE

Then all these fanboys come along now there is 1000's posting videos.

I was among the first to do it.

Fez
18-01-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.pablopda.com.ar/blog/imgdepost/where_is_the_love_blackeyedpeas_cropped.jpg

Jord
18-01-2010, 09:47 PM
forgot to add

I am good at the game. I get above average games why shouldnt I make money from being good at a game?

Neil
19-01-2010, 12:45 AM
I am sad and pathetic for making money from playing a game? I play it to make money, Yes I am 15 I need money.

Look at you befor you talk about me

You post ****** little gay reviews or Podcast what ever you do on youtube

AND YOU GET 2 VIEWS. Where is the logic in that?

I've made over £400 from 2 Videos.

2 ******* videos...

Im going to play this BAD GAME Until I like. I am making money from it.

Its like a job is it not? Noone likes there job. Yet they do it to make money. But I do like my "job" I dislike half of the things in MW2.

And something original?

Haha I find that Ironic because there was only 8 Of us befor posting call of duty videos BEFOR ANYONE ELSE

Then all these fanboys come along now there is 1000's posting videos.

I was among the first to do it.

Wow someone is spending a lot of time QQing, just be quiet because everything you say just sounds stupid the more you try to defend it, I've already said more than once that it's not sad you're getting paid to play a game, it's sad your playing a game you don't like just for money when you could just as easily play something else you enjoy, now just hush.

I really don't care.

Why don't you be CREATIVE and make something original, like I have already said, Red vs. Blue for instance is an insanely simple concept and it's still better than "commentary" on CoD and no, I'm not saying you should copy that, just in case any of the other little cry babies were gonna say anything.

Jord
19-01-2010, 01:02 AM
Wow someone is spending a lot of time QQing, just be quiet because everything you say just sounds stupid the more you try to defend it, I've already said more than once that it's not sad you're getting paid to play a game, it's sad your playing a game you don't like just for money when you could just as easily play something else you enjoy, now just hush.

I really don't care.

Why don't you be CREATIVE and make something original, like I have already said, Red vs. Blue for instance is an insanely simple concept and it's still better than "commentary" on CoD and no, I'm not saying you should copy that, just in case any of the other little cry babies were gonna say anything.

I do play other games

(Assassins creed 2, Trails HD, the saboteur, halo 3, cod abit still)

And Red vs Blue takes about a week to film one episode.

2 or more commentators for one episode also which is a pain to sync up dual commentary let alone 10 voices

Neil
19-01-2010, 01:08 AM
I do play other games

(Assassins creed 2, Trails HD, the saboteur, halo 3, cod abit still)

And Red vs Blue takes about a week to film one episode.

2 or more commentators for one episode also which is a pain to sync up dual commentary let alone 10 voices

I'm not saying you don't play other games, why not put them in your videos?

Also the point in it taking a while is that they are decent, it may take time but with work you can get far.

PaulMacC
19-01-2010, 01:37 AM
I'd be lying if I said that I was not in the Machinima contract for the money and publicity of my YouTube channel, I bet most directors if not all are. Just for your information Jord the first people to get Machinima contracts were (in order) Xcalizorz, Hutch, BlameTruth, Kappy, Myself, Sam and then people found out you could apply for contracts and then the directors list got flooded, when I got it I kinda' felt special because I was hand-picked out of the other hundreds of Call of Duty posters, now it seems anyone with a mic and a semi-decent ability to play a game can get one. I think out of all directors only about 20 have been hand-picked (including the names mentioned above). I'd say there is about 80. I will only be posting Call of Duty videos on Machinima primarily because it is what gets the most views. If I put up a Final Fantasy 13 video I'd be lucky to get 10,000 views maximum where as the two Modern Warfare 2 videos I have put up have got about half a million views which has earned me quite a tidy sum. With Respawn now it's a bit harder to get views but any Modern Warfare 2 video is basically guaranteed 50,000 views on Respawn and any Respawn video with over 100,000 views gets put on the main channel for even more money. So it's all good.

Jord
19-01-2010, 02:03 AM
I'd be lying if I said that I was not in the Machinima contract for the money and publicity of my YouTube channel, I bet most directors if not all are. Just for your information Jord the first people to get Machinima contracts were (in order) Xcalizorz, Hutch, BlameTruth, Kappy, Myself, Sam and then people found out you could apply for contracts and then the directors list got flooded, when I got it I kinda' felt special because I was hand-picked out of the other hundreds of Call of Duty posters, now it seems anyone with a mic and a semi-decent ability to play a game can get one. I think out of all directors only about 20 have been hand-picked (including the names mentioned above). I'd say there is about 80. I will only be posting Call of Duty videos on Machinima primarily because it is what gets the most views. If I put up a Final Fantasy 13 video I'd be lucky to get 10,000 views maximum where as the two Modern Warfare 2 videos I have put up have got about half a million views which has earned me quite a tidy sum. With Respawn now it's a bit harder to get views but any Modern Warfare 2 video is basically guaranteed 50,000 views on Respawn and any Respawn video with over 100,000 views gets put on the main channel for even more money. So it's all good.

I knew said I was the one of the first machinima posters, I was one of the first COD posters

1. BT
2. Xcal
3. Crimesongunner
4. stormshadowk
5. Beyond
6. hutch
7. zerodin
8. you
9. me
10. sam
11. LBK

BT/Xcal most popular then the rest up to you

Then we started to get popular (500 Subs odd) Then I got banned and you shot up while I was regaining my 500 I lost

@Neil, My channel is call of duty last time I posted a different game everyone went mad and started crying
Sure they're may have been more but not posting videos atleast once a week like us,

J0SH
19-01-2010, 03:25 AM
I'm not saying you don't play other games, why not put them in your videos?

Also the point in it taking a while is that they are decent, it may take time but with work you can get far.

Are you brain dead? Jesus Christ, I thought you're meant to be some massive nerd or do you not understand. PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO SEE COMMENTATED GAMES OF TRIALS HD OR AC 2 OR ANY OF THAT, THEY WANT TO SEE COMMENTARY OF A POPULAR FIRST PERSON SHOOTER THAT WAS JUST RELEASED (MW2) FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND TO GET BETTER AT THE GAME.

Where's the logic in posting up a video of a game people won't enjoy? It's pointless. Therefore it's a waste of your time commentating, rendering & uploading such a video if people won't enjoy it.

As I've mentioned maybe two or three times, people want to see MW2, hence how Hutch has made so much money.

Also, how is it sad wanting to make money off of a game? Last time I checked your max loads of Borderlands characters and got all the achievements done in a couple of days, so I don't see how you can call other people sad if you put so many hours in a short amount of time into a game. Stop embarassing yourself :(

Neil
19-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Are you brain dead? Jesus Christ, I thought you're meant to be some massive nerd or do you not understand. PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO SEE COMMENTATED GAMES OF TRIALS HD OR AC 2 OR ANY OF THAT, THEY WANT TO SEE COMMENTARY OF A POPULAR FIRST PERSON SHOOTER THAT WAS JUST RELEASED (MW2) FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND TO GET BETTER AT THE GAME.

Where's the logic in posting up a video of a game people won't enjoy? It's pointless. Therefore it's a waste of your time commentating, rendering & uploading such a video if people won't enjoy it.

As I've mentioned maybe two or three times, people want to see MW2, hence how Hutch has made so much money.

Also, how is it sad wanting to make money off of a game? Last time I checked your max loads of Borderlands characters and got all the achievements done in a couple of days, so I don't see how you can call other people sad if you put so many hours in a short amount of time into a game. Stop embarassing yourself :(

Are YOU brain dead?

For the third freaking time, I don't think it's sad he's making money off of a game! I said DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL, Oh my god you really are stupid. ¬¬

I have 1 character maxed on borderlands, I 1k'd it in a couple of days because it's an easy as hell 1k.

Also I don't care what GAME it is, COMMENTARY is pointless when EVERYONE is doing it, fair enough to Paul because he was the first I aware of doing it but now so many people have done the exact same thing it's not even interesting.

Now how about you read the God damned post before replying next time I don't want to have to answer your same stupid question for a fourth time.

In fact I'm not even going to waste time replying to your next post because knowing you it'll just be as dumb as the rest of them.

samsaBEAR
19-01-2010, 02:48 PM
i'm not taking a side, but what's the point in commentating? like do you just play and say stuff and get paid for it?

Jord
19-01-2010, 03:06 PM
i'm not taking a side, but what's the point in commentating? like do you just play and say stuff and get paid for it?

You got all the 9 - 15 + Year olds who are bad at MW2 And trying to get good so they watch videos and just watching a plain old video isnt going to help, a Commentator who talks about guns perks and stuff to use makes the video more entertaining and funner to listen to them

And yes we make money :P

Ive made quite abit from the 2 machinima videos I put up :p
£140+ donations
£40+ From my toolbar
1 copy of mw2 for PS3 :)

PaulMacC
19-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Yeah, easy money. You then build up a fanbase. People wanted to play with me on PS3 so someone told me to open a PS3 fund, two weeks later I have £320 in donations and bought myself a PS3 Slim. Then you get paid quarterly by machinima for posting videos on their channel.

samsaBEAR
19-01-2010, 04:58 PM
oh right, then i don't see that guy's problem with whoever it was making money off a game he doesn't like. surely if you are 'talented', for lack of a better word, at a game, why not milk it?

PaulMacC
19-01-2010, 05:38 PM
oh right, then i don't see that guy's problem with whoever it was making money off a game he doesn't like. surely if you are 'talented', for lack of a better word, at a game, why not milk it?
I hate Modern Warfare 2. It isn't too skill dependent, heck no Call of Duty game ever was majorly skill dependent but Call of Duty 2 and 4 took a bit of skill. It's easy money, so I force myself to play it to get some games. It usually will take me an hour to get a good game to post but an hour for £50 isn't too bad :P. The only reason I only post Modern Warfare 2 is because other games dont get as much views. I post Call of Duty 4 on my channel though cause my subscribers are a bit more forgiving but Machinima has tonnes of trolls.

[Chris]
19-01-2010, 05:47 PM
I suppose.. If it was cheap.. Then ok, I just find it a little unfair that you CANT gte them without paying?

I mean.. Yeah.. level 1 and level 70 with AK - The level 1 can level up, But not level up for DLC?

Jord
19-01-2010, 06:39 PM
I ment like you buy it

then say you buy it at level 1, You dont get it until you unlock it lets say

AK-47u - Level 12

etc

J0SH
20-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Are YOU brain dead?

For the third freaking time, I don't think it's sad he's making money off of a game! I said DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL, Oh my god you really are stupid. ¬¬

I have 1 character maxed on borderlands, I 1k'd it in a couple of days because it's an easy as hell 1k.

Also I don't care what GAME it is, COMMENTARY is pointless when EVERYONE is doing it, fair enough to Paul because he was the first I aware of doing it but now so many people have done the exact same thing it's not even interesting.

Now how about you read the God damned post before replying next time I don't want to have to answer your same stupid question for a fourth time.

In fact I'm not even going to waste time replying to your next post because knowing you it'll just be as dumb as the rest of them.

Haha, you said do something original such as Trials HD and I simply told you people don't want to see that ****. It's good that you're not wasting your time posting because it's sad and all that we get payed to play a FPSer. Very good logic. And not everyone is doing it, there's only maybe 15 people that are big on YouTube and that isn't a lot of people, me Paul & Jord where one of the first people on YouTube to get capture cards but I was lazy and didn't post frequent videos so my channel didn't grow as much as he did.

Now next time read the God damn post, I don't wanna have to tell you people aren't intrested in content other than MW2 gameplay, that's the whole reason they got the contract, they can post what they want, but they didn't get offered a contract for playing Hannah Montana, they got offered it for posting commentated MW2 games.

Basically, record yourself playing with a capture card, get a really amazing score to wow the 12 year olds and put voice commentary over it offering them stratergies how to get better at the game and just give them an understanding of what to do and what you're doing. They love it & it's easy money. Apparently we're sad for earning money for playing a game in Neil's eyes. :(

Neil
20-01-2010, 01:33 PM
me Paul & Jord where one of the first people on YouTube to get capture cards

Despite originally deciding not to reply, this comment was just too funny not to bring up, it is the dumbest and funniest thing you've ever said, are you really that delusional? Stop posting, I told you every post would just get dumber.

PaulMacC
20-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Despite originally deciding not to reply, this comment was just too funny not to bring up, it is the dumbest and funniest thing you've ever said, are you really that delusional? Stop posting, I told you every post would just get dumber.
I think he meant HD Capture Cards. We got Hauppauge HD PVR's within 2 weeks of their launch.

Fez
20-01-2010, 06:42 PM
This thread really makes me sad. You guys just keep personally attacking each other with words such as ''pathetic'' and ''massive nerd''.

Why can't we all just get along?

Neil - there's no point arguing. It takes little effort to be good at Call of Duty and a good payroll to get a contract. I'm jealous, sort of, since I've played videogames all my life and I'll never be as good. What I don't like is people telling me or listing all of their accomplishments or how much they make. Once or twice is okay, I'm actually interested in the pro commentator's k/Ds sometimes... but shoving it in my face isn't nice at all.

I'm jealous too that I write for a gaming website, as a volunteer, and I know I put in a lot more effort than many Call of Duty commentators. That is a whole different issue though, and I'm not bringing it up, some of them deserve their position I gues.

Hackney -

Ow.

I'm not going to actually put this forward, but Neil does have a point. I'll go ahead and say most of the viewers of these commentaries are braindead sheep who want to watch someone else be better at a videogame.

Either you're all happy posting videos and playing MW2, which isn't the case, or you're scared of posting something different. I totally understand if Machinima purposely asks for MW2 videos, and I totally understand if the money is actually in sticking to the sheep audience.

Seananners already started quad-commentating a L4D2 walkthrough with many other COD commentators. It's one of the great 'step out of the line' videos, and I hope it gets popular enough to generate a trend.

PaulMcC - "******* CAMPING THERE!"

tl;dr - where is teh lurvez?111

Neil
20-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I think he meant HD Capture Cards. We got Hauppauge HD PVR's within 2 weeks of their launch.

So he means one of the first 10,000 people on youtube to get HD capture cards?

PaulMacC
20-01-2010, 10:21 PM
So he means one of the first 10,000 people on youtube to get HD capture cards?
When I got my capture card I can guarantee I was one of the first people on YouTube to have a HD capture card within the Call of Duty community. Josh got his like 1 week after mine.

Jord
20-01-2010, 10:35 PM
When I got my capture card I can guarantee I was one of the first people on YouTube to have a HD capture card within the Call of Duty community. Josh got his like 1 week after mine.

I remember like it was yesterday, Brandon shows us the quality and we all ordered one, You got yours befor us we got ours abit after, But we was the first CoD Youtubers to go HD

J0SH
20-01-2010, 11:11 PM

I meant in regards to a HD capture card, so yes, that's a dumb post? Wow.

Neil
21-01-2010, 12:13 AM
I meant in regards to a HD capture card, so yes, that's a dumb post? Wow.

Due to the fact you completely failed to mention that, yes, you are just like my brother, just as dumb and twice as cocky, you must have like no friends with an attitude like yours, good luck with life little boy because no one likes an *******. :)

samsaBEAR
21-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Due to the fact you completely failed to mention that, yes, you are just like my brother, just as dumb and twice as cocky, you must have like no friends with an attitude like yours, good luck with life little boy because no one likes an *******. :)

wow ******* hell calm down, clearly you're the one who has no friends if you have the time to insult almost every person in this thread. just let it go for ****'s sake

Neil
21-01-2010, 02:18 PM
wow ******* hell calm down, clearly you're the one who has no friends if you have the time to insult almost every person in this thread. just let it go for ****'s sake

That doesn't even make sense, for one how can spending time insulting people mean you have no friends?

Secondly I'm not really at a state where "camling down" is required, obviously people don't understand the difference between angry and debating.

And thirdly he's the only person I insulted, if you wanna have a little b.f then have it at him, he's the little brat that keeps bringing this up.

All I did was air my opinion and suddenly I get "attacks" from the fanboy babies, maybe they should leave the forum and grow up, come back and act like adults instead of attacking every opinion they don't agree with, and Hackney really needs to learn to read whole posts instead of skimming through then completely missing the point.

J0SH
21-01-2010, 04:47 PM

I didn't need to mention it in, a capture card is a capture card. I didn't need to point out it's HD, if you had a brain like you go around thinking you do you'd estamblish that, considering Paul even pointed that out you still ignored the fact.

And your brother has nothing on me, I'm triple times as cocky, he has nothing on me. But I don't know how I can be dumber than him if he's part of your family, you aren't no Einstein you might have the Asperger's Syndrome but that's about it.

Last time I checked you were calling people sad for producing videos when I was clearing up the fact that it isn't sad, and that people don't want to see Trials HD videos :)

Neil
21-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I didn't need to mention it in, a capture card is a capture card. I didn't need to point out it's HD, if you had a brain like you go around thinking you do you'd estamblish that, considering Paul even pointed that out you still ignored the fact.

What the hell are you on about? Who would instantly assume you meant HD, you're just too stupid to have thought about mentioning you meant HD and if you actually read the post after Paul that is clearly not me "ignoring" the fact is it?

And your brother has nothing on me, I'm triple times as cocky, he has nothing on me. But I don't know how I can be dumber than him if he's part of your family, you aren't no Einstein you might have the Asperger's Syndrome but that's about it.

Oh no, you're dumber, you have proven that many times in this thread.

Last time I checked you were calling people sad for producing videos when I was clearing up the fact that it isn't sad, and that people don't want to see Trials HD videos :)

I was hoping I wouldn't have to say this for the fifth time but here it goes, I said it was sad everyone doing MW2 commentary videos, I never said do Trials HD commentary videos once, I said do something ORIGINAL, obviously you're dumb because you still can't comprehend something I've already told you four times. :rolleyes:

Now give it up, you're just being stupid now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!