PDA

View Full Version : Wireless problem (andsometimeswiredaswell)

Stefy09
15-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Well I keep having problems with my wireless. If I'm on my laptop and I'm on the internet, the internet stops working at random times and I have to go restart the modem and the router to get it to connect again. I think it may be to do with my modem though because on my laptop I get a signal and all but it just fails to connect. (When I can't connect through wireless though, the wired connection on my main computer still works)

I've also started getting problems on my main computer though. The internet light on my router goes out randomly (not as often as my wireless stops connecting) but I have to restart the modem and router to get it to work again and that happens atleast once aday..

Do you think I need a new modem? It has been happening ever since the power kept tripping in our house so could the sudden power going off all the time cause the modem to break?

Jack!
15-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes the lack of power would be a problem. It depends. Do you have a static i.p? If you dont then everytime your router comes back on it is re-assining a new i.p. So your computer has to try to reconnect using the old settings. But the i.p has changed so you need the reset the modem so it can send the new settings to the computer and then it will work. The problem is the power tripping i think. Im sorry if i am wrong

Recursion
15-01-2010, 09:00 PM
If it kept on tripping then it could have broken your modem, doubt it did but it could. Just try resetting it to factory defaults.

Markeh
15-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Do other Wi-Fi enabled devices have problems when connected to your router (PSP's, iTouches, phones, Wii, PS3, and such)

If they do, try factory reset, and if that fails, your router and modem need replacing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!