PDA

View Full Version : PS3

StefanWolves
15-01-2010, 11:39 PM
So, I downloaded some BluRay rips off nzbmatrix.com (the movie files are only 2gb+ in size) and want to put them on PS3 my hard drive. I read that they may need to be converted or something?? would this mean they would no longer by HD quality?

How would I do this?

New to the PS3. :8

Moved by invincible (Forum Super Moderator) from 'Technology Discussion'

brandon
15-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Put them on a USB stick/external harddrive, plug it into the PS3 and then on the XMB scroll across to the Video section, you should see your external drive, press 'triangle' and click 'Display all, then press 'triangle' on the movie file and press 'Copy'. I think i've got that right.

Although if they're BluRay rips wouldn't they be .mkv files? PS3 doesn't play that so you'd have to convert it.

StefanWolves
15-01-2010, 11:43 PM
They are .avi files.

Are these files try BluRay/HD? or not?

EDIT: thanks for moving it, when its a technology question related to Sony, not the other way around. Ugh, why interfere so much?

brandon
15-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Not sure mate sorry. Try them and if they're good enough quality I guess it doesn't really matter, just means you don't have to convert anything to play it on your PS3.

Misawa
15-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Nope, they won't be in HD. Anyway, buy them.

StefanWolves
16-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Woo, the movies look to be HD (but my TV is only 720p :() But ohwell, it's all good, looks nice.

+Rep Brandon.

Misawa
16-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the -rep, but actually Blu-ray comes in only three file types, and AVI being very low resolution, you cannot convert into full HD. What you saw would have been upconverted into double scale - as closest to high definition as possible - which the PS3 console does. So no, you were not watching in true HD.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!