PDA

View Full Version : How long does Play.com take to deliver?

DrLacero
16-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I went on ebuyer on Wednesday and got the bulk of the parts for my new computer, but they didn't have the graphics card I wanted so I got that from Play.com. It's been marked as "Order Taken" since Wednesday whereas the stuff from ebuyer arrived in 2 days (and that was with super saver delivery for next thursday. Anyone got an idea how long it will take to get here? +rep for help.

Alex3213
16-01-2010, 09:57 AM
All I can say is that I had an order on play.com myself, which was before Christmas and when I rang up they said that there wasn't enough people buying the product. Therefore I can't give you an idea how long it will if they are bought many a time, but if not read above.

Recursion
16-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Usually I'd get stuff from play 2 days after ordering it, so if I ordered on Wednesday it would come on Friday.

adaym
16-01-2010, 10:58 AM
A couple of days, not long.

Cheryl
16-01-2010, 11:30 AM
yeah that's the same with me the longest anythings taken for me from play is 4 days :)

GommeInc
16-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I got a parcel today which I ordered on Thursday :) Depends where the depot is for you. I beleive I am quite close to it and the despatch place. Glouster (from my knowledge of a friend at uni there) is pretty average, so about 2-4 days most :)

The Professor
16-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Make sure it's in stock, play.com have always been superb for delivery for me except one item that went out of stock just after i hit order so im waiting on that. But its never taken more than 3 or 4 days.

Recursion
16-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I got a parcel today which I ordered on Thursday :) Depends where the depot is for you. I beleive I am quite close to it and the despatch place. Glouster (from my knowledge of a friend at uni there) is pretty average, so about 2-4 days most :)

They despatch from Guernsey AFAIK

Alkaz
16-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Usually I'd get stuff from play 2 days after ordering it, so if I ordered on Wednesday it would come on Friday.
Yup, two days is longest ive waited and thats with the free delivery thing.

GommeInc
16-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Maybe I'm thinking of distribution centres? Infact, I think I am :P

The Professor
16-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Yup, two days is longest ive waited and thats with the free delivery thing.

They only do free delivery afaik :P That's their selling point :)

StefanWolves
17-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I ordered something off Play.com on the 26th December and it still hasn't come. When I ordered the item it said they had them in stock, however when I log in it says 'awaiting stock'. On Monday I am going to phone them and complain as it will of been well over three weeks and they haven't even dispatched it yet (they also state that they don't take the money out of my account until its been DISPATCHED, however they have taken it out and it hasn't been dispatched.)

Not to mention its my first ever time using Play.com, do you think I will get any compensation? I looked on their ToS and FAQ and it says if it hasn't been dispatched within 21 days then contact them?

DrLacero
17-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Due to a combination of me being sick of waiting and I can get the same card cheaper and quicker from ebuyer, I'm gonna cancel the order.

Not to mention its my first ever time using Play.com, do you think I will get any compensation? I looked on their ToS and FAQ and it says if it hasn't been dispatched within 21 days then contact them?

I'd contact them when their phone centre opens at 9am like I'm going to. Good luck to you mate :)

GommeInc
17-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Due to a combination of me being sick of waiting and I can get the same card cheaper and quicker from ebuyer, I'm gonna cancel the order.

I'd contact them when their phone centre opens at 9am like I'm going to. Good luck to you mate :)
Wouldn't it arrive/be despatched tomorrow if you've already ordered it? ebuyer and Play.com take as long as each other, unless you pay extra for delivery :S

Markeh
17-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Play.com have always been alright on delivery to us. Its Zavvi that are the worst. I ordered 2 DVDs and a PC game from them, between Christmas and New Year. One DVD arrived on Jan 5th, and I'm still waiting for the others.

Jayke
17-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Monday - Saturday - 2 Days Tops.
Christmas - 4 Days Tops.
Weather (Now) - 7 Days Tops.

TBH you will get it in like 3 days maybe even 2, if you order it tonight you will have it by tuesday.

DrLacero
17-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Wouldn't it arrive/be despatched tomorrow if you've already ordered it? ebuyer and Play.com take as long as each other, unless you pay extra for delivery :S

I ordered the bulk of my computer on Wednesday, got the free 5 working day delivery and they arrived on Friday. This morning I ordered the gfx card from ebuyer with next day delivery and it arrived at the local post office this afternoon, but it was still cheaper even with £9.99 extra for postage lol. Just gotta wait until monday morning then I can go pick it up :D

Havoline
25-01-2010, 09:23 PM
From Jersey not Guernsey ;)

Orangeesh
25-01-2010, 09:46 PM
From Jersey not Guernsey ;)

What he said ^

When I lived in Jersey.. If I ordered in the morning i would get it the next day sometimes :) for UK I think it's 3-4 day usually, unless they are out of stock.

Stryderman
25-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Play.com is also used & new and if you buy it from a playtrader it all depends on when they dispatch it.

DJ-Ains.T
25-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Two dasies.

StefanWolves
25-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Mine still has not been dispatched. :rolleyes:

lolwut
30-01-2010, 06:57 PM
3 or less business days for every time I've ever ordered anything (10 times, ish)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!