PDA

View Full Version : Cannot trade photos

Frisky
16-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Not sure if this is new but you can't trade photos anymore :(. Also can't trade stickies or send coins in gifts! (Stickies is old but hey) It's getting beyond a joke now lol, can't trade anything :S!?

Hopefully they re-instate it when they fix the camera & photos and when they sort out the 'size' of the stickies when you trade them.

dogboy123
16-01-2010, 10:18 AM
WHAT, you can't trade normal creds?

Jordan
16-01-2010, 10:24 AM
If that's the case, then habbo has gone bOnKeRs

Frisky
16-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry i mean can't put creds in pressies mybad :O i've updated post phewww

Jordan
16-01-2010, 11:42 AM
it's good i sold my photo's before you couldn't trade them then :D

Alkaz
16-01-2010, 12:01 PM
omg I had about 100 photos on a clone that I wanted to trade :(

Frisky
16-01-2010, 12:11 PM
omg I had about 100 photos on a clone that I wanted to trade :(

Same i have some on my clone aswell :(

scottish
16-01-2010, 12:22 PM
hasn't it been like that since photos image got removed(beta got released)?

coin thing happend few days ago to prevent X badge being easy and free.

sticky thing is old aswell

Frisky
16-01-2010, 06:16 PM
hasn't it been like that since photos image got removed(beta got released)?

coin thing happend few days ago to prevent X badge being easy and free.

sticky thing is old aswell

I already said the sticky thing was old.
...and photos have been tradeable during beta

scottish
16-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Have they? :S doesn't rli make a dif as their unviewable :P

Gibs960
16-01-2010, 09:24 PM
If that's the case, then habbo has gone bOnKeRs

Didn't you realise, they've always been bonkers na na na!!! B-B-Onkers!!!!!! :D the sending gifts as creds thing :o surpised! How many more things, next you won't be able to send anythin as a gift, there reason in case you miss a letter out and send to the wrong user haha!

Verrou
17-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Camera/Photos will never come back :/ AU Manager said.

Frisky
17-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Camera/Photos will never come back :/ AU Manager said.

The AU manager is wrong!
Even if it's not the same camera, there will be something to replace it.

Jin
17-01-2010, 11:52 AM
As far as I am aware they aren't reinstating the photo taking function of cameras due to the way it saved the images makes it vulnerable to be scripted. I am sure they plan to restore the camera as just a piece of furniture and maybe the same for photos as just a photo maybe photo sticky.

Gibs960
17-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Photos were too expensive and pointless I didn't buy them and I didn't think much of them... pointless point of habbo.

LoveToStack
18-01-2010, 09:27 AM
I can understand why they took away the ability to take photos, because it was getting majorly exploited and they seemingly had no way fix it. However there's no need to take the actual photos out of the game completely, they were a good part of the game.

Frisky
19-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I can understand why they took away the ability to take photos, because it was getting majorly exploited and they seemingly had no way fix it. However there's no need to take the actual photos out of the game completely, they were a good part of the game.

Completely agree, I use to find the camera a really fun thing to do, especially when there's an event or something that wont EVER happen again then it makes it special to take a photo and have that little memory

Gibs960
30-01-2010, 09:06 AM
If they did bring camera back I think they should atleast do something good; a video camera

vito201-:D
30-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Mmm... well I assume wall-placeholders wouldn't look good for potential shareholders/advertising companies etc...
So... I dono why they haven't hidden them or... you know, even just put the photo/camera image back in and remove the viewing/shooting systems? :S

Anyway... they photo-shooting options were removed because of Matt's program...

I mean, the methods (for ANY photo into Habbo) before Matt's method were:
- CCT editing (very annoying, few people knew it but I don't think they ever patched it)...
- Advertboard (CP) picture injection (which was around a fair while till they changed ads to only be kept on the "ads." server).
- Advert temp folder injection (found by me! (H) can't remember how they patched this)...

Then Matt's came... Matt's used an encryption-diversion to gain direct injection access, he also had a full list of all the CCT clients commands (which were leaked - after all Shockwave can't be decompiled so... yeah) so he released his program which was basically a 98% "unpatchable" method (in the shockwave client) to inject any picture DIRECTLY into the camera lens.

So, how'd they patch this type of program? Well, after disabling pretty much everything, they upgraded the whole server to Flash... and I know with my attempts at bypassing the encryption (project: JailBait) that they've done bloody well... I mean... Flash is decompilable so we have a list of all their commands... but they're obfusticated! (ie. bloody hard to read due to randomly allocated names and extra - useless pointer variables etc) and the obfustication changes with each release... and is (I assume... unless Sulake are ******s) it's totally unpredictable.

Erm... but yeah, back to cameras... they told us in a poll a few months ago that they would be bringing cameras back (Note: the "like to see introduced first" part).
http://shenkx.co.uk/Archives/images/09-06BETA-Poll.gif

I look forward to the release... because it's very likely to still be exploitable so I'll have fun making a new version of Matt's program! :P

Also, maybe photos are blocked till some poor sod's gone over them all and checked them for "naughty" photos? :rolleyes:

Frisky
02-02-2010, 02:45 PM
Also, maybe photos are blocked till some poor sod's gone over them all and checked them for "naughty" photos? :rolleyes:

I bet they hired a temp to go through them LOL

9y
07-02-2010, 02:57 PM
WHAT, you can't trade normal creds?

Nope. Basically, they brought out the "send + recieve present badges" Then everyone just sent creds, redeemed, sent back. As did habbic and I. So they removed it. Didnt know you couldnt trade photos.

Its annoying them being a ph poster., they shud at least show them as a pic just with no photos. x

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!