PDA

View Full Version : The great brain robbery

Devil.Wont.Cry
16-01-2010, 08:46 PM
I dont have that many quest left to complete now (I think its 20) and Tgbr is one of them.

I've been reading some guides about it and watched some videos of the final boss fight against "barrelchest".

I'm a little worried about fighting because I'm not sure I'll be able to beat him due to his high hits and high defence.

My stats are:

Combat: 95
Attack: 72
Strength: 72
Defence: 72
Hitpoints: 72

What I normally wear for boss fights is:

Head: Drag med helm
Body Top: Sacred clay armour
Body legs: Dragon plate legs
Boots: Dragon boots
Ring: Ring of life
Neck: Amulet of defence
Gloves: Red gloves
Shield: Obby Shield
Weapon: Dragon b axe (because Barrelchest is weak against crush)

I wont be able to use the head and the cape (i think its cape) due to breathing apparatus and fishbowl.

I was wondering if anyone has any advice on certain things like if they have a better idea of what armour/ weapon to use or if I have to raise my stats.

Also it would be good if someone could tell me whats the best things to take in my inv (except prayer pots as their pointless against Barrelchest)

Who ever gives the best advice then I'll give them either my max trade limit (which is only 50k, sorry) or 3-4 hc sofas (if you play habbo)

Thanks to all replies and +rep to good answers

crazed
16-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Are you gonna post a stupid thread about every quest you're "scared" of doing.. Just go for it. If you're really "scared" you would spend more time training rather than make a thread on here.

Devil.Wont.Cry
16-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Jeez, calm down. If your going to being rude then theres no point posting.

I'm not posting cause I'm "scared", I'm posting because I want peoples advice on tips from when they fought it so I can take them on board and kill him more efficiently

Arch
17-01-2010, 05:47 AM
Tbh i did it awhile ago, but if you bring high healing food it should be totally fine. I cant remeber that well but i do remeber having alot of food left over and i used monks so you should be fine :)

Sly
17-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Should get full bandos + dfs + ags + dragon gauntlets or higher
bring an atk/def/str++ set and lots of manta rays
also get all ur stats to 99 just to be safe
then you should be fine

MJJ
17-01-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd recommend wearing Torags or Dharok as they have the best defence bonus.
I'd also recommend bringing a DDS because the specials can really help. An amulet of glory and a neitznot helmet would also be better, if you can wear it of course.

For your inventory, just bring a super set and some sharks, along with a home tab.

IceNineKills
17-01-2010, 04:20 PM
bronze is good.

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

[Jay]
17-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Give it a try and see how well you do if, it dosent go to well tele get some levels up and try again. Make sure you have high healing food like tune patatos or manta rays

Devil.Wont.Cry
17-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks for all your replies, I finished the quest earlier.

+rep to good answers

IceNineKills
18-01-2010, 12:39 AM
think you forgot me.

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

Kdwndr8
18-01-2010, 09:34 PM
You should be good, try bringing a super set and use a Veracs Flail instead of a Battleaxe.

Good luck. ;)

IceNineKills
19-01-2010, 01:06 AM
good luck.

[Jay]
19-01-2010, 12:39 PM
You should be good, try bringing a super set and use a Veracs Flail instead of a Battleaxe.

Good luck. ;)
He alredy done it

Titch
19-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Congratz on completing the quest.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!