PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting facts about gaming

CrazyColaist
16-01-2010, 11:27 PM
http://www.onlineeducation.net/videogame/

ItsDave
17-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Wii Sports can't be the most popular game ever, its only been out 2-3 years. Surely some old classic should be in its place?

dbgtz
17-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Its because it came with the wii tbh, nintendo kinda cheated :P

Jam
17-01-2010, 11:25 AM
That seems a load of crep, the DS is as popular as water in Japan.

Neil
17-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Average age of a gamer is 32? xD I can see people that old playing games for sure but I don't see the number of people 32 and up outweighing the number of 18 and under by a long shot, somewhere from 22-28 maybe average.

TaffTalk
17-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Wii Sports does not deserve to be the most popular game, that crown should be with Pacman or Pong, I played Wii Sports once then tossed it aside.

Interesting facts however, thanks for posting them.

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Interesting.

Especially the average gamer age.

Cashew
17-01-2010, 01:54 PM
WiiSports should be null & void from statistics such as these as far as I'm concerned. If M$ or Sony included a free game in every batch they produced then it'd be either of those two games which be most popular.

I'd say it'd be something like COD, Oblivion, GTA or perhaps even FIFA which is the most popular ~ a multi-platform game.

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 01:58 PM
yeh i was suprised GTA San Andreas wasn't there.

iAdam
17-01-2010, 02:44 PM
yeh i was suprised GTA San Andreas wasn't there.

Ditto.

I'm sure half of that just looks at the USA and Japan only, therefore figures are rubbish.

Fez
17-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Wii Sports is only the most popular game because the Wii has sold trillions of trillions of units.

Wii Sports is bundled with it. Oh and 70% of Wii users don't even buy a 2nd game, they just leave it to gather dust until the next family reunion.

It's not a games console, it's a board game with a wiggly waggley stick.

Cashew
17-01-2010, 02:54 PM
So true, Wii downstairs ain't been touched for yonks.

Neil
17-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Surprisingly my Wii gets more use than my PS3. xD

The Wii gets used maybe like twice every few months, no one touches the PS3, makes me wonder why we even have the thing, it's just a waste of space really.

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 03:04 PM
i'm too fat to use my wii, i prefer to lie down and play cod whilst eating myself to a fat obese adulthood.

bite me.

Fez
17-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Well it's logical that you just get the multiplatform tings for the 360, it's just how we are.

I still get more multiplatform games for my PS3, unless my friends get something for the 360 or there's an exclusive I really wanna play.

I'm even passing up on GoWIII to get Splinter Cell Conviction.

CrazyColaist
17-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Ditto.

I'm sure half of that just looks at the USA and Japan only, therefore figures are rubbish.
europe etc come under other

dbgtz
17-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Well it's logical that you just get the multiplatform tings for the 360, it's just how we are.

I still get more multiplatform games for my PS3, unless my friends get something for the 360 or there's an exclusive I really wanna play.

I'm even passing up on GoWIII to get Splinter Cell Conviction.

Splinter cell looks like modern assassins creed imo, but if I had an xbox I'd probs get it.

@Neil Get uncharted 2, then it won't be. Also if you get a 3DTV it'll be useful.

Fez
17-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Splinter cell looks like modern assassins creed imo, but if I had an xbox I'd probs get it.

@Neil Get uncharted 2, then it won't be. Also if you get a 3DTV it'll be useful.
Splinter Cell reminds me of Hitman meets Assassin's Creed meets some sort of brilliant co-op game that I can't remember.

GommeInc
17-01-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm guessing they took the mean(?) number? Took the few oldest gamers, looked at the youngest and went for the middle ground.

FlyingJesus
17-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Other than actual sales figures, how would these be calculated? Fairly sure you don't have to register your age when you buy a game or console, these must be estimates taken from a (what must be relatively small compared to total number of gamers) number of supposedly random people. That said, those who consented to taking such a survey are more likely to be gamers anyway so it's further skewed.

Sales figures are still fairly interesting though, good to see Duck Hunt on the top games list!

Fez
17-01-2010, 05:12 PM

3DTV won't catch on until the next generation, or until it gets lower in price.

It's another fad like HD, but I'm not going to pay £500 again for it.

Neil
17-01-2010, 05:42 PM

Uncharted 2 will not get me playing PS3 at all, as I've said before, it's basically a clone of two games I hate mixed with a cocky American you see in every Hollywood action movie, not interested.

Fez
17-01-2010, 06:20 PM
it's basically a clone of two games

http://cdn.videogum.com/img/thumbnails/photos/you_mad.jpg

Lost_Addict
18-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Sorry that made me lol ^^

i don't have a ps3 but i'm curious to know what two games.

Fez
18-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Sorry that made me lol ^^

i don't have a ps3 but i'm curious to know what two games.
I'm guessing Tomb Raider and Gears of War.

Neil
18-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm guessing Tomb Raider and Gears of War.

Bingo.

Black_Apalachi
18-01-2010, 08:06 PM
WiiSports should be null & void from statistics such as these as far as I'm concerned. If M$ or Sony included a free game in every batch they produced then it'd be either of those two games which be most popular.

I'd say it'd be something like COD, Oblivion, GTA or perhaps even FIFA which is the most popular ~ a multi-platform game.

Well I believe the Wii is the most popular games console (out of Wii/PS3/360 anyway)? Wii Sports comes with every Wii so by definition it would be more popular than any freebie MS or Sony include with their consoles. To be fair I ******* loved Wii Sports Golf :D.

As for games like COD and FIFA, they're ongoing franchises so I don't think any one specific title is going to be hugely more popular than the rest, if you get me.

Neil
18-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Well I believe the Wii is the most popular games console (out of Wii/PS3/360 anyway)? Wii Sports comes with every Wii so by definition it would be more popular than any freebie MS or Sony include with their consoles. To be fair I ******* loved Wii Sports Golf :D.

No, the Wii is the best selling console, a large percentage of the Wii owners I know don't even use it, the PS3 or xbox is more popular, the Wii is just cheap and family friendly.

Fez
18-01-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm actually startled to hear that for some reason, millions of Wiis are being returned everyday now, traded in.

Will this hurt Nintendo? They won't get much profits from used consoles.

Black_Apalachi
18-01-2010, 09:22 PM
No, the Wii is the best selling console, a large percentage of the Wii owners I know don't even use it, the PS3 or xbox is more popular, the Wii is just cheap and family friendly.

Yeah I meant popular as in most sales.

Simmzay
19-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Wii Sports is more of a tech demo than an actual game.

Blinger1
19-01-2010, 02:11 AM
I love my wii, it's great to play old games on. I prefer that over my ps3 and PC (for old games) anyday

Simmzay
19-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I love my wii, it's great to play old games on. I prefer that over my ps3 and PC (for old games) anyday
What games do you own? We should play sometime.

Blinger1
19-01-2010, 02:23 PM
What games do you own? We should play sometime.
Mario kart, Mario galaxy, boom blox, umm and a few other dodgy games :(

what do u recommend?

Simmzay
19-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Mario Kart is a good multiplayer game.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!