PDA

View Full Version : Hitler's Last Days +REP

hah
17-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Ok so i have to do my History project on Hitler's last days, but i have no idea where to start or what to include. Could anyone help :P

Its for my leaving cert. :(

Also does anyone know any books/documentaries about this?

+REP for all help.

Jamesy
17-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Not so much a documentary, but a good film based upon it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/.

You'll need subtitles.

Tash.
17-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I actually have seen a program on Sky History (I think) and it was about Hitlers Bunker and how he spent all of his last days. It's on quite regularly you could have a look at that.

Axel
17-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Well his last days are gonna be when the Russians started advancing on Berlin, cos as soon as they arrrived he was dead.

hah
17-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Im not allowed use Movies :(

But tash. do you know the name of it?

+rep to both

Tash.
17-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I'll try and find out, and post back in here for you :)

Edit; Just had a quick google to see if I could try and find it, had no luck. But amazon brought up several related books so you might want to try and search for books on there. I bought one for my history alevel a couple of years ago and it really helped me.

TaffTalk
17-01-2010, 03:23 PM
What exactly is the essay question?

hah
17-01-2010, 03:30 PM
its a project and there is no question. You basically have to write 1500-2000 words about your topic

Bun
17-01-2010, 11:32 PM
russians corner him. he shoots his wife and goldieeeeeeee :(. killing 6m jews is 1 thing but a labrador is somet else.

Arch
18-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Everybody is a cyborg and the recession is fake
They had me ****** up giving a confession to jake
I ain’t wanna get knocked but I guess it was fate
I’m a fallen angel, a descendant of apes
I’m an ancient astronaut, I’m from the Nephilim race
Biochip is here so you get arrested and raped
Hitler never died, they just faked his death and escaped
It was genocide but they never questioned the hate
I was petrified, now I rock a vest and I’m safe
And these stupid mother******s have obsession with faith

Also in my opinion you got a terrible topic

Inspiration
18-01-2010, 01:35 AM
OK I took a look on the web and found this
http://www.amazon.com/Last-Days-Hitler-HUGH-TREVOR-ROPER/dp/0226812243/ref=sid_dp_dp
Hopefully it's of some use , I'll look and see if I can download it or find it online without having to buy it.

DrLacero
18-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Not so much a documentary, but a good film based upon it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363163/.

You'll need subtitles.

This, this and a thousand times this.

It's my favourite foreign movie of all time and for the most part, historically accurate.

TaffTalk
18-01-2010, 02:45 AM
In terms of structure maybe set it out with Sub-headings (or not, Im not sure how that will effect your marks)

-Intro (including what ignited WWII - The Czech Crisis - A BRIEF overview of what happened up until '44 - Collapse of Russia, Stalingrad = First real Nazi fail, Decline of power, Battle of Britian, etc.
- What happened during the final year of WWII - Russia reaches the Reichstag
- Focus on the atmosphere inside Hitler's bunker (Defiantly include sources, I suggest Ian Kershaw or AJP Taylor, make sure you have two sources contradicting each other and draw a conclusion on the pros and cons of both.
- Argue whether, in the final days of the war, defeat was inevitable. Use statistics such as how many was left in the Axis Army compared to that of the Allied.
- Look at Hitlers declining mood. Find sources relating to aggressive outbursts.
- Talk about how Hitler killed himself and why.
- Maybe talk about the effects of his actions on the war and beyond, E.g. Residing tensions between Britian and Russia with Russia with holding Hitlers skull.
- Conclusion. Sum it up.

Its a bit scatty but I had to write it quick, cause I need to go sleep now ^^

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!