PDA

View Full Version : Host migration.

[Chris]
17-01-2010, 05:15 PM
HOST MIGRATION IS ******* ****.

iAdam
17-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Couldn't agree more, could of said it better though.

[Chris]
17-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Couldn't agree more, could of said it better though.

Well, i DIDNT actully swear :) I used stars :P

Dusty-09
17-01-2010, 07:05 PM
I hate it when it goes finding BEST host and then you have a **** host and everyone laggs, takes ages to ******* connect to a new one and by that time half the people have left, either that or it just laggs the whole game and kicks you.

I also hate it when you leave and go back into the game or go in a game which has ended

its just *** I DIDNT COME IN TO VIEW THE SCORE I CAME TO PLAY ******* **********

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 07:09 PM
What is it?, I've seen it come up, then like the game re-starts at the same place.

And i'm always the ******* host! **** you fattys, you be the host ******s. Placing all the pressure on me.

ecstasy
17-01-2010, 07:37 PM
how do you know when you're host? :S
and i dont see the problem with host migration. ive never had a problem with it and it saves the game from ending

AlexOC
17-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Because when i am boosting then i go to dashboard my mate tells me that its looking for a new host.

ItsDave
17-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I dislike it, especially when you're about to get a One Shot... One Kill pull the right trigger, then your gun fires, you dance in a circle, you zoom in and goes connecting to new host. Its like "oh leave me alone plz grrrr :/" and then, the enemy knows where you are, you dead. Ah! Just remember summet. I fired a predator missle and BAM! Its like wut, I go back into game after all the connecting and it had landed. I felt robbed :/

Neil
18-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Connecting to anything on MW2 fails in general really.

Sometimes host migration can't find a better host so it just ends it game or it's always in the worst places, then the times when you're about to kill someone and you both see each other and basically when the timer hits the person with the better connection wins, it's just stupid, me thinks IW were rushed at the last minute to be honest, nothing seems seamless, some sort of load between everything makes the game so slow, not like CoD4 when you could hit join and you was in.

PaulMacC
18-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Being host is such a huge advantage in MW2. IW community support is terrible, expect nothing to be done.

samsaBEAR
18-01-2010, 09:07 AM
how do you know when you're host? :S
and i dont see the problem with host migration. ive never had a problem with it and it saves the game from ending

as soon as you begin a game, look at the leaderboards, if you have a full bar then you're probably host. and to above, if you think that host advantage on this you need to play gears of war 2 online, host advantage is just stupid

Black_Apalachi
18-01-2010, 01:06 PM
COD4 ftw. which reminds me,
brb playing COD4.

Jahova
18-01-2010, 03:49 PM
It works more efficiently than COD4, so I'm not going to complain.

AlexOC
18-01-2010, 09:53 PM
How is being host an advantage :/

PaulMacC
18-01-2010, 10:24 PM
How is being host an advantage :/
All your bullets register, no bullet lag. When your on a 3 bar you've got between 100-200 ping meaning that 1 in every 10 bullets wont hit. When your on a 4 bar you've got between 0-100 ping meaning that every 1 in 20 bullets wont hit due to latency problems. When your host, every bullet hits.
Just rough estimations but it could be with some hosts only 1 in 5 bullets hit with a 4 bar. It depends on the host really.

Stryderman
18-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Thought id join in tbh *****************

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!