PDA

View Full Version : EMA - stopped?

Sunny.
17-01-2010, 08:27 PM
So I usually get EMA but since Dec 23 2009, I havent received any payments?

Anyone had the same problem?

Slowpoke
17-01-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't go to college but loads of my mates haven't had any since Christmas. It must be a coincidence though because surely if there was a serious problem it would be all over the news.

myke
17-01-2010, 08:30 PM
ent it something to do with your christmas bonus? idk?

dirrty
17-01-2010, 08:30 PM
the system always messes up, and if its happening to a lot of people then theres nothing you can do but wait really.

Hecktix
17-01-2010, 08:32 PM
I've had mine :)

they are stopping the bonuses as of Sept though, unlucky new starters!

Sunny.
17-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Ooh, I just wanted to know if there were more people, because I missed a few lessons so thought it might be cus of that, but that was only 1 week, so wasnt too sure.

@invicible,
have you had your bonus too?
I am not recieiving my normal weekly ema, nvm my bonus lol.

Hecktix
17-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Nah we don't get our bonuses til end of february :(

kk.
17-01-2010, 08:35 PM
the bonuses should be spent on giving other people money. maybe lowering the income band needed to get EMA.

Its never made sense to me. you get EMA if youre on a low income family. This means you are less likely to get a job as you get free money. This means ill go and get a joba nd get experience. Ill still study, and get the same qualifications. Ill then apply to the same job as you, and then ill get picked because i have experience working.

The whole system doesnt make sense

Grippz
17-01-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't get it but my friends have been getting there payments as usual :S hmm... Maybe ask your college about it? I think that bonus thing you all get comes in early feb or something

Smits
17-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Been getting mine as usual. Waiting for the bonus though haha.

Shame if it is getting scrapped.

Sad3k..
17-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Well i got my EMA apid in on the 23rd December, but since then nothing came in. We usually get ours on Friday 12pm, but funny enough this week it was put in on Sunday. How do i know? i checked my balance last night around 11:30pm and it was the same as ever today its 30 quid extra. EMA bonuses do not get put in, until sometime in Febraury. There is always problems with EMA, best thing to do is see your Learning rpovider ans ort it out with him/her. Perhaps you did not attend a lesson or were marked absnet.

Charlottay!
17-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Mine either gets paid in on a monday or a tuesday.

Over christmas you wont get ema though cause you wont have been in.

like i for the w/b 11th jan i will get paid on the 25th.

it all depends on how your college works it

Alkaz
17-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Offices are probably closed and what with the week of snow there has probably been delays. Anyway it takes a week+ for the system to update and give you the money for the previous week anyway so just give it some time :)

Sunny.
17-01-2010, 11:12 PM
the bonuses should be spent on giving other people money. maybe lowering the income band needed to get EMA.

Its never made sense to me. you get EMA if youre on a low income family. This means you are less likely to get a job as you get free money. This means ill go and get a joba nd get experience. Ill still study, and get the same qualifications. Ill then apply to the same job as you, and then ill get picked because i have experience working.

The whole system doesnt make sense

I dont think thats entirely true. Although I do see where your coming from...
Most of my friends who receive EMA also work including me. I currently receive EMA and work part time on weekends too as it gives me money to spend as I like.
Where as people who do not get EMA, get money off their parents which is to the equal value of my EMA and yet they dont work.

More students in my year who receive EMA also work, where as those who dont receive it, do not work..

Its wierd, but I think its a personal choice and most of them are just plain lazy.

Bun
17-01-2010, 11:14 PM
right so when do we get our bonuses cos im in srs need of some new clothes mannnnnnnn? :(

dirrty
17-01-2010, 11:16 PM
right so when do we get our bonuses cos im in srs need of some new clothes mannnnnnnn? :(
haha when i get my bonus i'm gonna go shoppinnnnnnnnnnnggggg

it's usually in feb i think anyway. well was last year anyway - around half term

Stephen!
17-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Your bonus is authorised once you have had two payments in January, so it should come either on the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan.

Bun
17-01-2010, 11:30 PM
haha when i get my bonus i'm gonna go shoppinnnnnnnnnnnggggg

it's usually in feb i think anyway. well was last year anyway - around half term
no don't say that i want it spent b4 valentines day!!

Your bonus is authorised once you have had two payments in January, so it should come either on the 2nd or 3rd week of Jan.
o i like u a lot

Tash.
18-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I work in an office which deals with EMA at a college, and the best thing you can possibly do is ring that department and clarify it with them. It might be that you aren't owed any money (because of the 2 week christmas break) or it could be something to do with your attendance. I work with the registers at college and it is so so easy for something to mess the EMA payment up, i'd just check by ringing and making sure. It will take them seconds to work out why you haven't been paid.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!