PDA

View Full Version : Are you driven by money?

Immenseman
18-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Are you one of those people who are desperate to go out their and own your own wage to be able to buy luxuries/move out or are you pretty content not to get a job and just chill on the money that comes your way?

Would you take a job you see as 'fun' for an OK wage or a 'boring' job for a wage that is much better? Just curious because some of my friends have quit college lately (18 months in lol :eusa_wall) because they want to earn $$

Cashew
18-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I wanna earn $$$ but cba working. Local McDonalds have got vacancies though............................................ ..................................

Immenseman
18-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I wanna earn $$$ but cba working. Local McDonalds have got vacancies though............................................ ..................................
Well I'd say pretty much everyone wants $$$ it's just whether you're actually driven enough to spend your own time getting a job and what not

CrazyColaist
18-01-2010, 04:36 PM
yeah if i can get bud and knows someone who wants it for skl tomorow ill get it for £20 and sell it to the kid at school for £25, so i make a £5 profit.

Cashew
18-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Well I'd say pretty much everyone wants $$$ it's just whether you're actually driven enough to spend your own time getting a job and what not
Well yeah I guess. I just cba working, keep delaying finding a part time job. I kept saying I'll find one in January now I'm saying I'll look at Easter. I know full well I wont start looking till summer time because of the money I get from accumulators and stuff.

danzooo
18-01-2010, 09:06 PM
I'd do the most boring and monotonous job in the world if the pay was decent. I strive to be paid and I only look forward to the next payday

Immenseman
18-01-2010, 09:07 PM
I wish I was like that. I don't care for money.

dirrty
18-01-2010, 09:09 PM
i cba to have a job but i love to spend spend spend. living off other peoples money has done me fine so far and i'm hardly short of money because of it. when i go to uni though i will get a job. but for now i'm basking in the joys of being unemployed.

kk.
18-01-2010, 09:16 PM
luckily, i like working with numbers and on average, an accountancy job pays reasonably well. I am motivated by money, but its not a necessity

alexxxxx
18-01-2010, 09:21 PM
luckily, i like working with numbers and on average, an accountancy job pays reasonably well. I am motivated by money, but its not a necessity

lol that's cause it's so dull

erm, i'm not too driven by money, i could have applied for more moneymaking degree but i was like, this is more interesting and is still well paid kthxbi

JimJeffers
18-01-2010, 09:24 PM
yeah it is a massive incentive for me :):)

kk.
18-01-2010, 09:30 PM
lol that's cause it's so dull

erm, i'm not too driven by money, i could have applied for more moneymaking degree but i was like, this is more interesting and is still well paid kthxbi

Depends what part you go in and your preferences tbh lol

Oleh
18-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I am soley driven by money, im 15 and have figured out i want to run a computer tech/repair business

Jamesy
18-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Pretty chilled. I do things because I enjoy them, not because I may get rewarded.:)

Stryderman
18-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Well i work at butlins [yes butlins ;)] and its rubbish ££ but the atmosphere couldnt be better if i got offered a job 3x on what im on now i wouldnt take it, not a chance your young have fun while you can, Money isnt everything.

Slowpoke
18-01-2010, 10:44 PM

I work at McDonalds. :8 It's not as easy as everyone thinks and it can be a really stressful place to work at times. I recently got promoted though and I'm on £6 an hour now as a Staff Trainer. I'm actually going for the position of Shift Manager later this year which will put me on upwards of £7 an hour. I'm only 17. I do enjoy it, though I can't see myself being there all my life. :D

syko2006
18-01-2010, 10:53 PM
yeah if i can get bud and knows someone who wants it for skl tomorow ill get it for £20 and sell it to the kid at school for £25, so i make a £5 profit.

:eusa_clap

Where I live, you generally need money to do alot of things otherwise you get bored too easily. I'd like to go to college/university etc with a part time job at the same time so I'm earning some money atleast. Money is handy to have, but you shouldn't go out of your way to obtain some. Money isn't everything! :D

leah
18-01-2010, 10:55 PM
i've been brought up to go for money which is why i wanna go uni lol

Immenseman
18-01-2010, 10:56 PM
i've been brought up to go for money which is why i wanna go uni lol
i wna go for social life

FlyingJesus
18-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I very much enjoy money and would love to be rich, but I'm also very lazy so it's not that likely, and I'd really rather have an alright job that I don't hate and just be able to afford living happily than do something that makes me want to kill myself for money I won't have time to spend

Colin-Roberts
18-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm not money driving, if i was i would stop funneling money into things.. **cough** zetolic **cough**

Black_Apalachi
19-01-2010, 12:58 AM
... or are you pretty content not to get a job and just chill on the money that comes your way? ...

Yes. If it was up to me, there wouldn't be money in the world (even though that would never work :P). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be rich but I'm just too lazy. If I get another car I'll definitely get a job with it.

IceNineKills
19-01-2010, 01:09 AM
i done 1 year of collage then left to earn money, i worked in burger king for over a year then left to work in a pub. since then i've never looked back.

tdi
19-01-2010, 01:18 AM
I work as a manager in my uncle's business.. there's a few shops around the city, but I'm only a manager in one of them.. I do deliver stuff to the other shops though. I get reasonable pay which pays for my fuel, insurance, food, going out etc but I'm primarily in the business to take over when my uncle retires and carry on the family business.

Blinger1
19-01-2010, 03:15 AM
I earn 350 a week and I save most of it to buy big things. I've bought with my own money, a car, motorbike, ps3, 2 TVs (32" and a 40") and other random crap.

Metric1
19-01-2010, 05:07 AM
I can have it all by just sitting on my ass.. I'm mommy's little boy :D

IceNineKills
19-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I can have it all by just sitting on my ass.. I'm mommy's little boy :D

it's people like you i really hate.

Stryderman
19-01-2010, 02:58 PM
it's people like you i really hate.

Same, they get bought anything they ask for "mum i just passed my test can i have a car?" gets a brand new golf or something. Tbh im glad my mum aint like that otherwise i would probably just take it all for granted.

Immenseman
19-01-2010, 02:59 PM
my parents aren't like that but i wish they were... im not ashamed to admit that, would be lush.

IceNineKills
19-01-2010, 03:00 PM
i'm glad i don't rely on my parents' money. yeah i sometimes borrow if i don't have enough but it always gets paid back. last time my parents bought me anything was my birthday. i live in the same house as them but i need to buy my own food, toiletries etc.

Blinger1
19-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I dunno if anyone else does here, but I actually lend my dad money instead of the other way around!

Stryderman
19-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I dunno if anyone else does here, but I actually lend my dad money instead of the other way around!

Yeh i lend me mum money if shes short on bills or something.

Immenseman
19-01-2010, 03:05 PM
if my parents need money then yeah i'd give it to them. like they couldn't afford to give my sister much spending money last year when she went to paris so i gave her some because i knew they wanted too and i knew she'd enjoy it. they have there money tied up in property and assets which annoys me because they should just sell one of their houses and not moan about money but whatever lol

Titch
19-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes, i would rather be out earning money so i can go spend money than on the computer tbh.

Pixel
19-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I'd rather earn an 'Ok' amount doing a job I enjoy.

That might be because atm I'm earning an ok amount doing a job I don't really enjoy :lol: The main thing for me is having money left over at the end of each week.

Black_Apalachi
19-01-2010, 07:32 PM
i'm glad i don't rely on my parents' money. yeah i sometimes borrow if i don't have enough but it always gets paid back. last time my parents bought me anything was my birthday. i live in the same house as them but i need to buy my own food, toiletries etc.

Same but I hate having to borrow off my mum.

Yeah I lent them loads when I was younger so I don't feel as guilty borrowing it off them now :P.

MrGazet
19-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I guess I'm quite driven by money but not that far till becoming a murder or anything like that.

To me,money is important so I'll do jobs that pay well and just swallow the bitterness of it.

I totally agree with a quote, " There are many other important things than money,but they are so expensive" which concludes the need of money in the end

Mitch4?
19-01-2010, 08:33 PM
i just sell myself, £100 an hour.
im that good.

untrustus
19-01-2010, 09:28 PM
i have a job, because i need a certain amount of money, but i am totally not driven by money. i don't get why people are so driven by it and will do mundane, stressful **** just because there's big money in it. money can't buy you happiness. i'd rather work less and earn less to have more free time, thus why i'm not going to university etc - i don't live to work, i work so i can have fun in my free time.

mike475
19-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I earn 350 a week and I save most of it to buy big things. I've bought with my own money, a car, motorbike, ps3, 2 TVs (32" and a 40") and other random crap.
what do you do ?! :O

Geraint
19-01-2010, 10:24 PM
no, i am driven by a car

Blinger1
20-01-2010, 09:37 AM

Baker ;)

Immenseman
20-01-2010, 09:41 AM
no, i am driven by a car
haha scandalous

Jord
20-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd like a boring job with more money :P Because same hours and it wouldnt be a job if you didnt get bored xD

IceNineKills
20-01-2010, 12:39 PM

He's Australian, not from the UK.

FlyingJesus
20-01-2010, 04:01 PM
i just sell myself, £100 an hour.
im that good.

That's extremely cheap

Baker ;)

Are you a fully qualified master baker

Mitch4?
20-01-2010, 04:15 PM
That's extremely cheap

I make them go after a minute too so i only get paid £1.66 something

-:Undertaker:-
20-01-2010, 05:38 PM
No not really, I want to be a teacher and I could see myself staying at the same school for most of my career even if other jobs had come up in others schools with higher wages. Ideally i'd like to get a job in my school eventually. I'm not driven by money, but i'm sensible with it.

Blinger1
20-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, sure, at the age of 18 almost 19 :)??

I do know how to do everything (which is pretty good) with the bakery after only being a baker for 6 months. Apparently you don't start learning how to "operate the oven" until a year in?

Sly
20-01-2010, 08:15 PM
naw i dont even have a job

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!