PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problem...

AgnesIO
21-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Okay. So last night I was on my custom PC and it was really ******* up. Didn't know what was wrong. So this morning I turned it on and it wouldn't boot. Testing parts I found that one of my sticks of RAM was not working. My RAM is OCZ Gold Series - only one of the 2gb of my set of 4 is not working (I know I have 8, but obviously the two products don't count.) I now have 6gb working, and have had to take the other 2gb stick of ram out as when in the pc doesn't work.

Anyway would I get sent a new 4gb of ram if I sent back the 4 (with one of them not working)?? I do NOT have the packing but the labels on the RAM are still on (the labels that say if taken off warranty is void). So am I entitled to new RAM - it is only like 5 months old!

EDIT: I know it says on the site for OCZ it does not count if any oif the following blah blah, with one of them saying 'been damaged'. Would the fact that the RAm just went, without me going anywhere near it count as damaged :S I mean surely that ruins the point in warranty if you cannot get replaced RAM where the stick becomes faulty with nothing done to it..

Tomm
21-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Did you overclock it?

AgnesIO
21-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Did you overclock it?

Nope :) Havent changed anything - same as it has been since pc was built :)

Recursion
21-01-2010, 05:37 PM
RMA the RAM with OCZ or wherever you bought it from, if they wont, explain what happened, then take it higher up in the chain if they refuse.

Tomm
21-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Also I think the OCZ thing means physical damaged not just does not work else, like you said, what would be the point of a warranty. Where did you buy the RAM from?

AgnesIO
21-01-2010, 05:40 PM
RMA the RAM with OCZ or wherever you bought it from, if they wont, explain what happened, then take it higher up in the chain if they refuse.

Will do that now :)

Also I think the OCZ thing means physical damaged not just does not work else, like you said, what would be the point of a warranty. Where did you buy the RAM from?

eBuyer. And yeh that makes sense. When it said 'damage' I was like *** :P

The Professor
21-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Oh ebuyer have been great with returns for me, shouldn't be an issue :)

AgnesIO
21-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Oh ebuyer have been great with returns for me, shouldn't be an issue :)

Fantastic :)

Sent OCZ a support ticket. Seeing what they think.

scottish
21-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Yeh i got this too with OCZ just do RMA on ebuyer send the full pack back (so if you bought 2 packets of 4GB or 4 packets of 2GB etc you send the full packet back im sure :P)

Tomm
21-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Would be best to try and contact eBuyer first if you are sure the sticks are dead.

Fantastic :)

Sent OCZ a support ticket. Seeing what they think.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!