PDA

View Full Version : Influx of 'Grabber' rooms - are they profitable?

Freezing
22-01-2010, 06:23 PM
I see nothing but 'Grabber' rooms dominating the Latest Events page on the navigator but are they actually profitable? From my perspective there are 3 types of rooms I have witnessed.

Type 1 - No profit. A room looking like a recent startup appears and offers basically cheap goes for decent prizes. There is usually a prize in most squares and only several squares are empty (or misses). In this case, the owner of the room generally loses more than he gains.

Type 2 - Profit, low turnover. A room this time that may have been around for longer, the owner generally charges to steep of a price to participate in the grabber and many shy away from the high prices and seek rooms with a Type 1 system in place. However, when a customer does purchase a go, they will generally lose.

Type 3 - Scam. 4 times in the space of 20 minutes have I witnessed scams undergone in these new grabber rooms. It's a shock to me that people are genuinely finding these rooms attractive to participate in after all the scams I have witnessed from such a small sample.

My question to you Habbox, is if you are aware of any rooms that offer a fair shot at winning from the customers perspective and also provide a profit for the owner or the room? I'd love to hear from some Grabber owners on their experiences.

I bet there are some great equations and formulas that portray the best placement of furniture value/credit value across the dice grid to provide maximum profit but maintain saleability and keep those customers coming back!

[Jay]
22-01-2010, 06:52 PM
I dont know about any equations as far as I am aware it is completley random and you have a fair shot at winning.

I do know that there are only a few trusted grabers around the rest are mainly scam.

Sly
23-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know what a grabber room is can someone explain (don't flame me ;$)

Special
24-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I don't know what a grabber room is can someone explain (don't flame me ;$)

it's like this:

1 2 3 4 5 6
1 #
2 #
3 #
5 #
6 # #

# = Prize of some sort (norm/rare/super)
number = Holodice number

And then you roll 2 dice, and then the 2 numbers you get represent what row & collums are. E.G, get a 3 and a 2 and then win a prize! (#)

(sorry for a rubbish diagram!)

Anyway, back onto grabbers.

For one you have to known as safe throught the hotel. If you're on a clone with a wannabe name such as '45z' you may aswell forget it.

If you are safe however, grabbers can be very profitable. I for one made around 20t on a 10HC a go grabber which contained 2 single thrones to make it more appealing. Think of it like this; take 3 steps forward and 1 step back. Soon you have took alot of steps, or in this case, furni! :D

BlessedUK
24-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I had a quick go at making one, 20c a go.
Prizes were 5 hc sofas, 2 gold bars, Toffee ICM, Aloe Vera and a gold laser gate, as well as some "respin" squares.
In about 30 goes, i only lost 21 hcs worth of items, which is a 39hc profit, not bad for just a few hours.
As for scam rooms, i wouldn't play in any room, trusted or not, until i'd seen a few prizes given out.

Sly
24-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh i get it, sounds fun.
Do people know where the prizes are before they roll the dice?
+rep

BlessedUK
24-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Oh i get it, sounds fun.
Do people know where the prizes are before they roll the dice?
+rep

Yep, the prize is on the grid, so if they hit that number in the grid, they get that prize :)

dogboy123
24-01-2010, 11:09 AM
yeah, say on 6/6 thers the actual furni there.

Mr-Trainor
24-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I made about 6T from my 2hc grabber, when it was open for about a week and a half. Then opened a 10hc grabber for 2 days and made nearly 2T. So yea, fairly profitable.

Freezing
24-01-2010, 06:26 PM
This is really interesting actually, I'm thinking of trying to operate a successful grabber. Has anybody made a loss from such a room?

::Art::
24-01-2010, 06:34 PM
My m8 made 1t in 2 days from it :)

AgnesIO
24-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Very profitable. A certain paddy got 9t off of me lol :)

Black_Apalachi
24-01-2010, 06:46 PM
They were quite popular just before I quit but when I tried making one it just didn't take off. You need to make the prizes really big but if you make them too big, everyone just assumes it's a scam.

I think the only way to be successful with a decent grabber that creates a lot of turnover, is to be really rich so people trust you and operate it with Thrones.

Plebings
28-01-2010, 05:17 AM
I don't know if this counts as a loss, but I regularly like to host free furni grabbers. Just to make myself feel better yknow.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!