PDA

View Full Version : RAM

Cheryl
23-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Ok, I was just using my netbook, downloading some stuff, once downloaded I realized how bloody slow it was, I was planning on trying to upgrade RAM, how would i do this on XP, I know how to use SD card on Vista, but not sure on XP, btw I have an SD card and reader if that is it :)

Cheers

Jordy
23-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Are you referring to using SD Cards with ReadyBoost on Vista cause I'm pretty sure that's ineffective?

I'm kind of confused about what you mean, SD Cards & RAM are two different things.

iAdam
23-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Same as above, pretty confused.

You could try seeing if it runs on normal laptop RAM, and buy additional sticks to place onto the machine.

The Professor
23-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Aye I was fine until you mentioned SD cards :P

Recursion
23-01-2010, 02:18 PM
When you use an SD Card in Vista for "ReadyBoot" it does bugger all and actually DECREASES performance.

You need to go to the Crucial.com/uk website and run their memory scanner, this will tell you how much and what you need to buy in terms of RAM.

Markeh
23-01-2010, 07:21 PM
When you use an SD Card in Vista for "ReadyBoot" it does bugger all and actually DECREASES performance.

You need to go to the Crucial.com/uk website and run their memory scanner, this will tell you how much and what you need to buy in terms of RAM.

This, but find out what type it is, and check eBuyer, Scan, Amazon and such first to see if its cheaper from there, and if its a negligible difference order from Crucial.

Flisker
23-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Some netbooks have soldered RAM, meaning its irreplaceable.

Markeh
23-01-2010, 11:18 PM
Some netbooks have soldered RAM, meaning its irreplaceable.

Yes, some do, but I think its mainly some of the earlier eee pcs and the Macbook Air (and for that one, I use the term netbook VERY loosely) that have soldered RAM, but I may be wrong.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!