PDA

View Full Version : 'Hope for Haiti'

AgnesIO
24-01-2010, 06:46 PM
You would have thought a company like habbo, who are doing a so called appeal, could promise to give a certain amount per pound gained from the sale of credits for Haiti. That may encourage people to buy, and also not make them look so fake about how they give two *****.

Immenseman
24-01-2010, 06:48 PM
They're a profitable business. They have helped out by asking people to help. Just by them doing that will probably raise hundreds, if not thousands. Sure they could've just donated it but when they're closing down hotels they're making little or no profit on and going through staff redundancies it's hardly top of their priorities. Would be ironic if they gave money to help when they're making staff redundant too.

AgnesIO
24-01-2010, 06:56 PM
They're a profitable business. They have helped out by asking people to help. Just by them doing that will probably raise hundreds, if not thousands. Sure they could've just donated it but when they're closing down hotels they're making little or no profit on and going through staff redundancies it's hardly top of their priorities. Would be ironic if they gave money to help when they're making staff redundant too.

I think its a piss take to ask people to give money, when they clearly have no plans to give a penny.

Immenseman
24-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Maybe they could've said they'll match anything given by Habbo users and set up a text number or something.

Ajthedragon
24-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Meh we get a free gift.

Immenseman
24-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Meh we get a free gift.
I'm sure that'll warm the hearts of those suffering in Haiti.

LoveToStack
24-01-2010, 09:55 PM

Could bring out a disaster range of furni?

Frisky
24-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Could bring out a disaster range of furni?

Lol! That's funny but wrong on so many levels!

Surely they have enough money now? After that thing the other day where everyone raised like 58 million

Ajthedragon
25-01-2010, 08:08 AM

I donated irl so meh. ;)

Gibs960
25-01-2010, 08:15 AM
They wouldn't be a normal business if they just handed out thousands, people probably will be buying credits more now because of the course for it but if they just gave out thousands they'd be skint.

AgnesIO
25-01-2010, 03:59 PM
They wouldn't be a normal business if they just handed out thousands, people probably will be buying credits more now because of the course for it but if they just gave out thousands they'd be skint.

If they gave let's say £5,000 this second - they would have thousands and thousands left.

On the contrary companies tend to give money for publicity. Infact it is more common for companies to give money to causes, than it is for them not to..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!