PDA

View Full Version : Marketplace Updates!

Mr-Trainor
25-01-2010, 11:11 AM
The marketplace now has new features:
-'My Sales' page now tells you the amount of credits you have to collect in total
-Order items by value/activity or do an advanced search
-You can sort items by items with least/most offers or most/least traded or highest/lowest price
-For all items you now get an average sale price in the last week, a graph to show the items recent prices and a 'trade volume.'

I have screenies but can't upload atm!
Edit:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2zf28u0.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/qy8hmg.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/2004bq9.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/s6koqt.png

So, the marketplace will now show 'rare values'! (Average values) :O

Cosmic
25-01-2010, 11:17 AM
This should be interesting when the two days of trading are up. Good update :D

scottish
25-01-2010, 11:18 AM
http://lexet.net/ScreenShot090.png
http://lexet.net/ScreenShot091.png
http://lexet.net/ScreenShot092.png
http://lexet.net/ScreenShot093.png

looks better but the scroll things annoying again cant use scroll button in the thing only on the scroll bar ;ll and everything i checked has no item history :P so assuming its gna be 2 days until that works

Mr-Trainor
25-01-2010, 11:20 AM
looks better but the scroll things annoying again cant use scroll button in the thing only on the scroll bar ;ll and everything i checked has no item history :P so assuming its gna be 2 days until that works

Yea and then in 7 days there shall be values (unless it will just work as soon as an item is sold! :P).

scottish
25-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Yeh, nice update though :P

spoiler'd pics so there isnt like 8 images showing on page :P

Kyle
25-01-2010, 02:54 PM
oh so people are going to know when the prices are crashing/rising and get a load of credits profit like most merchants do in runescape lol

Arron
25-01-2010, 03:06 PM
erm im having trouble selling wall items :(

but i love this, so much better!

Mr-Trainor
25-01-2010, 03:35 PM
They've just posted an article: http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/945-marketplace-has-an-update

Thanks to all your valuable feedback in our recent poll, we've updated Marketplace.
"Hi all! I'm developer Fragwyz, a member of the team working on bringing you new cool things in Habbo. I'm here to explain to you a big change that we've been working on, so, without further ado...
The Marketplace was just upgraded quite significantly. We've been reading a lot of feedback from you (thanks to everyone who answered the poll) and we're excited to see how you like what we've done."
New ways to find items
We've made finding items easier than ever. You can now find items by price (Most Expensive and Cheapest Items lists), by trading volume (Most and Least Traded Items) as well as the most common and the rarest items (Most and Least Offered Items). Also, there's an Advanced Search view for people with specific needs for searching for those items.
Marketplace pricing information
You will now see two bits of information about the item prices. When browsing the offers, you'll see the price the seller is asking of an item, and the average price of offers that have been bought during the last 7 days where the item has been sold. This will make it much easier for you to know if the price you're about to pay is ok and avoid being scammed.
Second, for each offer, you can now click on a More Info button, which will show you a graph of how the item value has changed during the last 30 days, as well as how many items of that type have been sold over the same time period. While many of you won't need this, this should be quite exciting for active traders. Where this comes especially useful is checking the values of the most valuable rare items, which aren't traded in high volumes.
Please note it'll take two days before we've accumulated enough data to start displaying the pricing information for you, so this feature will only start becoming useful in a couple days time. In the meantime, you'll see a dash or "No data" message in place of the price. Also, when new items are released to be sold in the marketplace, it'll take a couple days for these items to accumulate enough information to show the average prices.
Number of offers
As requested by many of you, you're now able to see how many outstanding offers there are for any item type being offered.
My Sales
There's a small improvement in the My Sales view. If you've successfully sold items, you will now see a counter of exactly how many of your items have sold, as well as how many credits there are waiting for you.
Hoping you like the changes,
Fragwyz
Lost_Witness

::Art::
25-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah this will be interesting :)

Ardemax
25-01-2010, 03:56 PM
this actually seems quite cool, nice job habbo

Special
25-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Gonna take a while to get used to, but not a bad update

AgnesIO
25-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Talking about them trying to get rid of habbox values lol. Reporters will need to be on their heels - if a single value doesn't match marketplace now lol..

e5
25-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Official values ey;)

Fivas
25-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah this update is really good ^^ but i can't see where you can offer? or am i confused :3
and also: people could sell their super rare item back and forth to eachother (on a clone) at a very high price?

AgnesIO
25-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Official values ey;)

Tis fine, unless they try and perfect it too much!

Mr-Trainor
25-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Yeah this update is really good ^^ but i can't see where you can offer? or am i confused :3
and also: people could sell their super rare item back and forth to eachother (on a clone) at a very high price?

When someone puts something up for sale, Habbo count that as an offer for your credits.
So like, if there are 3 mtvs:
100c
200c
300c
Then it will say, cheapest price: 100c, total offers: 3

and also: people could sell their super rare item back and forth to eachother (on a clone) at a very high price? Yep! But they would have to pay the commission each time.

Jxhn
25-01-2010, 04:56 PM
They should do it so you can give offers lower than asking price and wait for reply or just pay asking price and get straight away.

Also will the average price things count trades out of marketplace and add all averages together? If it did that would be good, but also kill habbox

Fivas
25-01-2010, 05:04 PM
When someone puts something up for sale, Habbo count that as an offer for your credits.
So like, if there are 3 mtvs:
100c
200c
300c
Then it will say, cheapest price: 100c, total offers: 3
ohh ok, I understand now thanks.

Mr-Trainor
25-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Also will the average price things count trades out of marketplace and add all averages together? If it did that would be good, but also kill habbox

Yea I believe it will. It will show a graph of the value from the last month and the average value in the last 2 days or 1 day? :S if its average since the start then thats not good :P

Frisky
25-01-2010, 05:58 PM
oh so people are going to know when the prices are crashing/rising and get a load of credits profit like most merchants do in runescape lol

People could still fix the prices, just buy from your clone and keep repeating the process in the market?

Mathew
25-01-2010, 06:32 PM
People could still fix the prices, just buy from your clone and keep repeating the process in the market?
I'd really hope someone had a better life than that, but you never know these days..

Intresting update; the question is whether people will go by these values, or by Habbox's? Easy work for the value reporters, just replicate whatever is on the client!

:DBeth:D
26-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey, great updates :) but what does it mean when it says offers? becasue i thought if you clicked buy you get it ??

scottish
26-01-2010, 04:27 PM
offers is the amount for sale

Mr-Trainor
26-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Offers is how many of the item are for sale in the market - so how many 'offers' of this item for your credits, then it shows the cheapest price/offer.

Markeh
28-01-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm a fan of the Marketplace. I've made a good 40 creds out of furni I couldn't shift in my furni store. When will they start putting sports tracks on there, I have like 14 pieces to shift :D

Sly
28-01-2010, 11:10 PM
no need for habbox anymore then

Colin-Roberts
29-01-2010, 12:25 AM

Habbox would still needed imo, alot of traders don't use marketplace and i don't imagine they will anytime soon

AgnesIO
29-01-2010, 07:35 AM

Habbo will stay until they have a decent rare values system.

You have to remember their 'average' could be WAY off...

I mean if there are 10 trades, 9 of which are 100hc for a throne, while on gets sold for 9hc.. habbo would average that at 90.9hc

Also marketplace is only a small percentage of trades made.

Mr-Trainor
29-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Also the marketplace is an average price for the last week. Imo it should be the last 2 or 3 trades

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!