PDA

View Full Version : Policing at football grounds?

TickTockTickTock
28-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I'm not going to read the United vs City thread tonight because to be honest, I honestly can't be bothered reading posts which consist of cap locked words and emotions. I'll read it tomorrow when I need a laugh nursing myself back to full fitness.

However, the point I want to raise is policing and stewarding at football grounds. It's really piss poor. Going into the ground tonight I got searched, fair enough. They removed my banana, told them that's alright because I'll treat it as a swap for a U****ed chair. Once I said this I had two blokes grab me and a sniffer dog thrust upon me to sniff for anything. They found nothing on my body so had to let me in.

Going into the ground, fair enough. Got to my standing area and it was all good. End of the game we got kept behind for ten to twenty minutes, alright then I'll go with that. What I shall not handle is stewards winding City fans up (ginger haired steward, spotty face - enjoy the broken nose that chair gave you from the lad six rows infront of me). These men and women are paid to keep crowds safe, not to entice them. The polices plans were scraped because of these moronic stewards and had to let us out. (United fans being morons? Never)

Outside I zipped up and everything for the cold walk across town. Got instantly told by a copper to 'Shut the **** up and don't **** around or I'll having you on the ******* ground'. This obviously sparked a reaction from a number of City fans including me due to him threatening me/a young adult etc.

It's not the first time I've seen poor policing, Mboro away is also a good example.

Anyone else here believe they need to work on it? I know it'll never happen because the police are full of people who got bullied at school who have been given power however with the obvious increase in football violence something needs to be done otherwise football will once again be a place not for children!

Going off topic slightly here however those who will post in this thread laughing at me, directing me to posts which contain sentences such as 'Wonder where lBlue/Minstrels/TickTock is' etc I wont read them. I'll read that thread in my own time. What I will say for now is this;

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2792/p230110144501.jpg

For those directing me to posts containing emotions and 'Wheres lBlue?', that's my answer. For this reason I've decided that whatever my answer to the thread is when I read it (if I do) it's instantly superior to the ones going 'YESSS ROONEY :L :L :L', 'DIE BELLAMY, DIE!!!' and 'Wheres lBlue? :L'.

A final note for those who will say, 'Thought you're meant to be good with this money?'. Four years ago I could never dream of being at Old Trafford in a semi-final, I was there tonight. I remember watching Fowler miss a penalty which would have sent us into Europe, I remember watching Barton, Dabo and Corradi. I will remember tonight and you know what? I'll remember the day I go down to COMS to purchase my cup final ticket for whichever cup it is.

And you know what? The people who are/have asked for my whereabouts when City have lost wont experience that feeling. Fair enough they may attend the game through a tout but it wont be the same.

Anyway, views on policing please. Off to Bluemoon for a bit to moan and write tales about my famous adventures tonight.

StefanWolves
28-01-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm not going to read the United vs City thread tonight because to be honest, I honestly can't be bothered reading posts which consist of cap locked words and emotions. I'll read it tomorrow when I need a laugh nursing myself back to full fitness.

However, the point I want to raise is policing and stewarding at football grounds. It's really piss poor. Going into the ground tonight I got searched, fair enough. They removed my banana, told them that's alright because I'll treat it as a swap for a U****ed chair. Once I said this I had two blokes grab me and a sniffer dog thrust upon me to sniff for anything. They found nothing on my body so had to let me in.

Going into the ground, fair enough. Got to my standing area and it was all good. End of the game we got kept behind for ten to twenty minutes, alright then I'll go with that. What I shall not handle is stewards winding City fans up (ginger haired steward, spotty face - enjoy the broken nose that chair gave you from the lad six rows infront of me). These men and women are paid to keep crowds safe, not to entice them. The polices plans were scraped because of these moronic stewards and had to let us out. (United fans being morons? Never)

Outside I zipped up and everything for the cold walk across town. Got instantly told by a copper to 'Shut the **** up and don't **** around or I'll having you on the ******* ground'. This obviously sparked a reaction from a number of City fans including me due to him threatening me/a young adult etc.

It's not the first time I've seen poor policing, Mboro away is also a good example.

Anyone else here believe they need to work on it? I know it'll never happen because the police are full of people who got bullied at school who have been given power however with the obvious increase in football violence something needs to be done otherwise football will once again be a place not for children!

Going off topic slightly here however those who will post in this thread laughing at me, directing me to posts which contain sentences such as 'Wonder where lBlue/Minstrels/TickTock is' etc I wont read them. I'll read that thread in my own time. What I will say for now is this;

For those directing me to posts containing emotions and 'Wheres lBlue?', that's my answer. For this reason I've decided that whatever my answer to the thread is when I read it (if I do) it's instantly superior to the ones going 'YESSS ROONEY :L :L :L', 'DIE BELLAMY, DIE!!!' and 'Wheres lBlue? :L'.

A final note for those who will say, 'Thought you're meant to be good with this money?'. Four years ago I could never dream of being at Old Trafford in a semi-final, I was there tonight. I remember watching Fowler miss a penalty which would have sent us into Europe, I remember watching Barton, Dabo and Corradi. I will remember tonight and you know what? I'll remember the day I go down to COMS to purchase my cup final ticket for whichever cup it is.

And you know what? The people who are/have asked for my whereabouts when City have lost wont experience that feeling. Fair enough they may attend the game through a tout but it wont be the same.

Anyway, views on policing please. Off to Bluemoon for a bit to moan and write tales about my famous adventures tonight.

Well ******* said. :)

Stewards out our ground are okay, not been to many aways but I'm going Brum away so I'll comment then. :P

adaym
28-01-2010, 12:26 AM
awesome.

Edited by invincible (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly

Black_Apalachi
28-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Lmao why did you have a banana? :P Did they only search you with the dog because of what you said?
What was the steward doing?
And if you said what the copper said back to him, you'd have been arrested. For that reason, I agree that it is bad policing if it was 100% unprovoked on your part.

adaym
28-01-2010, 12:34 AM
so proud of you for buying a football ticket.

TickTockTickTock
28-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Lmao why did you have a banana? :P Did they only search you with the dog because of what you said?
What was the steward doing?
And if you said what the copper said back to him, you'd have been arrested. For that reason, I agree that it is bad policing if it was 100% unprovoked on your part.
We always have inflatable bananas, it's tradition! And yeah, the stewards made a wall of themselves infront of the entrance and they parted to let me through because they'd searched me but the blokes pulled me back because of what I said.

adaym
28-01-2010, 12:38 AM
£41 FOR A CARLING CUP GAME?

I ONLY JUST REALISED. bloody 'ell. it's a fiver for a tour of old trafford and there's more atmosphere there on a monday morning than any other time of day...

Jack.Lfc
28-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Arsenal is poor to, i was walking down a street there next min theres 2 coppers on me 'GOT ANYTHING ON YA YA SHUDNT HAVE MATE'. Made me empty all of my pockets, then seached me i was like *** i was only walking down the street.

StefanWolves
28-01-2010, 12:45 AM
Tonights atmosphere was the best I've seen at OT tbh.

adaym
28-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Arsenal is poor to, i was walking down a street there next min theres 2 coppers on me 'GOT ANYTHING ON YA YA SHUDNT HAVE MATE'. Made me empty all of my pockets, then seached me i was like *** i was only walking down the street.
THAT'S JUST COS UR IN LONDON AND EVERY1 CARRIES A KNIFE IN LARNDARN

Jack.Lfc
28-01-2010, 12:51 AM
On second thoughts, there ****e everywhere.

StefanWolves
28-01-2010, 12:53 AM
hahahah £38 mate you got robbed

Jack.Lfc
28-01-2010, 12:54 AM
17£ actually.

adaym
28-01-2010, 01:01 AM
well done 4 buying a ticket jack.
put james to shame

Jack.Lfc
28-01-2010, 01:02 AM
who's james

adaym
28-01-2010, 01:16 AM
clow face

Black_Apalachi
28-01-2010, 01:23 AM
ohh yeah duhh lol, i was imagining a real banana :P

Mexel
28-01-2010, 04:51 AM
We always have inflatable bananas, it's tradition! And yeah, the stewards made a wall of themselves infront of the entrance and they parted to let me through because they'd searched me but the blokes pulled me back because of what I said.

Haha that make me laugh, ours in inflatable guitars!

But yea anyway, policing i **** in general never mind at football games. Its just crap fullstop.

Bun
28-01-2010, 08:29 AM

schwarzer > fowler :P.

erm i do believe stewards should have authority because they were too soft in the 70/80/90s and got walked over, the only way fans will listen if with a bit of 'reasonable' force (ambigious i know, but hey that's law). as fans outnumber stewards by so many, if stewards show they are intimidated then the fans will push them, they need to put on a front. obviously not have the same powers as the police though.

yeah well that's cause you're scouse. :L all joking side though that sounded unlawful because to be searched you need to seem out of context and they must state a reason for searching you, and their name and station they work for if you're bothered. :P

AlexOC
28-01-2010, 03:18 PM
The stewards at city are <3

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!