PDA

View Full Version : School Glitch

Sharon
29-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Not sure why but it seems everything has been unblocked at school dunno why. And stuff but YouTube & Habbo work :D I have no clue about why but I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts. :YouTube In PSHE xxx

Kevin
29-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Even when protection is on, it's usually very simple to bypass the filter.

my favourite method is portable firefox on a usb key if they let you execute unfamiliar programs.

If not, just use a simple web-based proxy.

Meree.
29-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Strange. I have some Hertfordshire Grid protecting websites we are not allowed on. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your work anyway? Not playing Habbo etc.

Sharon
29-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Well fair enough xx but Yerr I was bored at lunch :)

CrazyColaist
29-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Strange. I have some Hertfordshire Grid protecting websites we are not allowed on. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your work anyway? Not playing Habbo etc.

same. whenever you log on you have to click I AGREE. and if you bring your own laptop in you have to install their crappy software on your OWN laptop to use their wireless (please mind the software logs everything you do)

myke
29-01-2010, 04:14 PM
eurgh we have so much stopping us.
they have a capture system if you type in keywords
a proxy that stops you
the council block it through the internet connection

so yeah basically no way to do it, altho, you can get on some using firefox as said prior, but they've tried to stop it but you just switch off the wireless on our laptops then do it and it works :)

Recursion
29-01-2010, 04:33 PM
It's only for your school.

And actually if you had clever IT admins, they would block access to change the network/proxy settings and block .exes from executing from flash drives (like ours do, and like I do at another school).

myke
29-01-2010, 04:36 PM
It's only for your school.

And actually if you had clever IT admins, they would block access to change the network/proxy settings and block .exes from executing from flash drives (like ours do, and like I do at another school).

i dont care. it allows me to get on twitter so im fine. especially in frees.

Blob
29-01-2010, 04:42 PM

Yeah it's like that at my school, although they only learn how to do things by constantly monitoring me, as since then you now can't run exe's from Desktop, Macros from Word and they've added to the filter "*ryanclark*" so basically any URL containing my name is filtered :P

Recursion
29-01-2010, 04:44 PM
i dont care. it allows me to get on twitter so im fine. especially in frees.

My point was that it was for his school, not anyone else... |-)

Yeah it's like that at my school, although they only learn how to do things by constantly monitoring me, as since then you now can't run exe's from Desktop, Macros from Word and they've added to the filter "*ryanclark*" so basically any URL containing my name is filtered :P

Haha, our IT guys don't give a damn what we go on, it's actually the teachers that moan!

Anyway, best way around a school block? SSH Tunelling ;D

myke
29-01-2010, 04:47 PM
My point was that it was for his school, not anyone else... |-)

Haha, our IT guys don't give a damn what we go on, it's actually the teachers that moan!

Anyway, best way around a school block? SSH Tunelling ;D

alright lol blimey
i thought it was to me :/

xxMATTGxx
29-01-2010, 04:54 PM
In my college we can get on pretty much we want. Like facebook, youtube, twitter and such. Although if they want to then they will block us. :P

Recursion
29-01-2010, 05:02 PM
alright lol blimey
i thought it was to me :/

Ah k, my bad :P

Jahova
29-01-2010, 05:27 PM
we can go on habbo! wow! Yes, it is easy to bypass even with the durex on.

Kevin
29-01-2010, 07:47 PM
we can go on habbo! wow! Yes, it is easy to bypass even with the durex on.

habbo in school, lame

Black_Apalachi
30-01-2010, 05:12 AM
Don't think I ever even considered going on Habbo in school lol. Our IT dudes used to block game sites and stuff while people were on them. They usually seemed pretty cool but one time I was on a PC in the library, and one of the IT guys came all the way from their little office at the other end of the school to tell this kid to get off a game, when he could have just blocked it from his desk :S.

lolwut
30-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Every time someone posts a thread based upon hacking their school's internet connection, at LEAST 4 or 5 other people boast about how little/much protection their IT nerds put in place.
And another thing, why don't you just wait until you get home? I mean, is it so hard to go without Twitter or Facebook for 7 or 8 hours? Really?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!