PDA

View Full Version : Question

dogboy123
29-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Right, its an interesting question, and me and Scott were talking about it, so I thought I'd see what you guys thought.

Someone walked up to you and said, I have 20 people captive. I can kill each one of them, without any pain. You may or may not know these people. You will live

But also, I can take you, and torture you, then have you killed, but the 20 other people live and are fine.

Nothing will get you out of it, which would you pick?

scottish
29-01-2010, 04:22 PM
kill them and let me go.

Meree.
29-01-2010, 04:23 PM
It's a hard choice really. Normally I wouldn't risk my body over people if I didn't know if I knew them or not. But 20 people are more than just 1, so then it comes to mind as you thinking of the second choice. (Being tortured and them being set free) But there are other ways around it. Things you could do to get them out of where there held hostage. It's a hard choice.

Immenseman
29-01-2010, 04:25 PM
i'd genuinely let him kill & torture me.

Nixt
29-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I have no reason to save those people. If I needed to sacrifice myself to save a lot of people, such as in a terrorist attack, I would do so happily. 20 random people who I don't know, who are probably resigned to the fact they're going to die soon anyway? I'd save myself.

HotelUser
29-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I'd rather die than live knowing I could of saved 20 people's lives.

Keri?!
29-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Let them torture and kill me.

Fivas
29-01-2010, 06:19 PM
kill the other 20

Black_Apalachi
30-01-2010, 05:40 AM
In another thread like this I said I'd let them kill me, but I doubt I could deal with the added torture here. Also the fact the other people will definitely die a quick and painless death makes it sound better to me. It's suffering I worry about more than death, so I'd save myself.

Tash.
30-01-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd let them kill the other 20. Sounds selfish but it goes against human nature to let yourself be tortured and then killed when nobody else is going to actually suffer because of the decision.

buttons
30-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I have no reason to save those people. If I needed to sacrifice myself to save a lot of people, such as in a terrorist attack, I would do so happily. 20 random people who I don't know, who are probably resigned to the fact they're going to die soon anyway? I'd save myself.
"people you may or may not know" - could be your family or friends included there

erm if a random person just said it to me without showing me them i'd just say "okay, kill them" but if i saw them or had evidence i'd let the person kill me whether i knew them or not :l i'd have no way of knowing if they were going to kill those people aswell as me anyway but i'd rather not take the chance.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!