PDA

View Full Version : The Habbo Recession

CurtisJohns
30-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Heya, Im CurtisJohns, :-) I know I'm not as smart as some of the Rare Values Staff and stuff but I just wanted to express my view about the "Habbo Recession" and how I think it could be brought out of it....

Please note: this is interpretation.. IT AINT GOSPEL, so dont commetn adn say how do you no etc, :)

:: POINT 1 :: The Sudden Collapse
I believe that the Habbo recession has happened because of Habbo itself. I think that when they changed the credit purchase from 35 to 25 credits the general Working Class habbos were not getting good value for money, an example: If you bought a pet or HC Club then you would have just a few measly credits to buy actual furniture. This must have surely effected the habbos that keep the rare values system in place, which is of course the poorer, medium class habbos, no offence meant :) But because the medium class habbos couldnt buy more expensive rares and it would take them longer to save to offord them. this would send the "Super rares" into decline and the demand would have fallen because of the realisation of being unable to offord them. Next, all of the super rares sellers wouldnt be able to make a profit as they could do before meaning they were less likely to sell them and put them out into the habbo world.

:: POINT 2 - The Other Consequences
With poorer habbos dedicated to HC and pet buying, Poorer habbos were not generally able to buy expensive and extravegant rares, and because of the release pet related items and hc club items, Habbos lost interest in rare values and this effected it hugely. Imagine how many people bought credits from habbo, 8000 or more? Now take 10 Credits from each of them habbos that you would have gotten before the purchase change, its basically like a habbo shark has taken a bite out of the credit and rare values market, Within a month the rare values market had gone into meltdown..

:: POINT 3 - Credits, Credits,Credits
With poorer users unable to buy habbo credits due to the Real world recession, People began to sell there rares and furniture in a desperate bid to get credits. This then meant that the Credits Market saw a huge increase due to demand, which changed the importance of rares within the hotel... within the weeks to follow rares began to drop and rise in price rapidly, the majority of dragons and other supers increased whilst the hc furrni (dicemasters, medieval bookcase, butler) suffered a huge drop due to people loosing basic strength to stand there groun and try and get profit. Confidence generally lacked and this saw the collapse of many rare values because people were so desperate for creds they stopped caring about dignified and respectable values...

:: POINT 4 - Only Habbo Can Restore Confidence,,,
A way to possibly kick start the habbo economy and encourage sales would be for habbo to give away 5 credits to every habbo as they used to do, but they seemed to have stopped now have you noticed? If they could give away creds, 5 or possibly more, then each habbo would be encouraged to go out and buy and maybe this would increase sellers, and suppliers for furni. also people would then be actively using the trade rooms and keeping the moral of the trade room owners up encouraging them to buy more rares as stock, A Circle that relies on Supplier >> Seller>> Buyer. etc.

Thanks for listening and post your views below.. remember that Im just taking a creative wild guess cos i was bored so dont dig me for it. thanks haha :)

visa
30-01-2010, 07:34 PM
very interesting read, congrats

-:Undertaker:-
30-01-2010, 07:38 PM
I'd argue the opposite, as sad as I am (:P) I have even made a chart for the history of whats happened economically throughout the history of the hotel and to be honest, we've never been more better off than we are around this point in time. This boom outstripped the other two by a mile and even now although its dropped off a bit, we're still much richer than we were at the height of the 2008/2009 boom.

http://assets.habbox.com/images/58010graph9213023684_iaz.gif
Value of the entire market 2001 - present

CurtisJohns
30-01-2010, 07:45 PM
But who is we? Because many Middle Class habbos are still poor. the only people who have benefited are the rich habbos.

30-01-2010, 07:53 PM
If your to divide everyone into classes, then the poorer and middle have benefitted the most. Below i'll list some examples of how some of the cheapest rares doubled/tripled in price within a few weeks (bear in mind i've listed their peak prices as since around last week they have begun to drop in value);

Alien Lifeform went from 0.3 CS to 2.0 CS
Astro-Bar went from 0.5 CS to 2.5 CS
Crogenic Bed went from 0.4 CS to 2.0 CS
Green & Green Marquee went from 0.7 CS to 1.5 CS
Ultramarine Marquee went from 1.0 CS to 2.0 CS
Red Dragon Marquee went from 1.0 CS to 2.5 CS
Big Ben went from 1.0 CS to 2.5 CS
Blue/Green/Yellow Bear Rug went from 0.3 CS to 0.9 CS
Organ went from 0.5 CS to 1.5 CS
Emerald Spaceship Door went from 0.5 CS to 2.0 CS

Thats just some examples of the lower rares, next up; the middle rares.

Peppermint Ice Cream Machine went from 4.0 CS to 16.0 CS
Cherry Ice Cream Machine went from 4.0 CS to 14.0 CS
Pistachio Ice Cream Machine went from 2.5 CS to 10.0 CS
Deluxe Theatre Chair went from 6.0 CS to 10.0 CS
romantique_clock went from 4.0 CS to 15.0 CS
Red/Blue Amber Lamp went from 1.0 CS to 3.0 CS
Yellow Amber Lamp went from 2.0 CS to 4.5 CS
Security Fence went from 8.0 CS to 19.0 CS

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. :P

visa
30-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I'd argue the opposite, as sad as I am (:P) I have even made a chart for the history of whats happened economically throughout the history of the hotel and to be honest, we've never been more better off than we are around this point in time. This boom outstripped the other two by a mile and even now although its dropped off a bit, we're still much richer than we were at the height of the 2008/2009 boom.

http://assets.habbox.com/images/58010graph9213023684_iaz.gif

FANTASTIC graph! i love it!!

CurtisJohns
30-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Myargument isnt about the poor benefitting, what i meant was that those poor habbos who dont ALREADY own rares will now struggle to buy them cos of the increase in values, and great graph by the way, this is a good topic to discuss and I take everyones opinions sincerley so dont worry , were all friend here :) haha,

Kyle
01-02-2010, 02:45 AM
FANTASTIC graph! i love it!!

I actually love you so much

guys, I think you're going way too into this. that comment about 'middle class habbos' was just idiotic

why isn't there a poll option for 'i couldnt give a bobba about credit prices, i dont buy them anyway' this poll is biased

Ardemax
01-02-2010, 06:22 AM
agreed with kyle

there's no such thing as middle class habbo's, working class or higher class?

if you honestly want to talk about the habbo "economy" and "recession" then I'd say more prices have gone up for rares and there's been more hackings
that's it

Gibs960
01-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Habbo hasn't collapsed :S some stuff has gone up and some stuff has gone down, its not as if people are sellin thrones for 5 creds, stuff like this will always happen, and how is it habbos fault? And habbo will always be split into rich and poor habbos :l just the way it is.

vito201-:D
01-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Habbo Recession?... Lol...

Sorry but... Lol...

I can't think of a witty remark to say because I'm too baffled by your original statement...

I doubt you even knew what the word "recession" meant last year did you? I love it when people learn a word and try to use it to explain other similar-events that happen close to the same time. :P

Mickword
01-02-2010, 03:46 PM
:: POINT 4 - Only Habbo Can Restore Confidence,,,
A way to possibly kick start the habbo economy and encourage sales would be for habbo to give away 5 credits to every habbo as they used to do.

Yes if they did do that then they would put themselves in a bit of damage because of many users having registered accounts, like me. I have around 25 accounts all with active email.

Frisky
01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
It's all about the users. If users are willing to spend money on a product, they will. It has to appeal.

vito201-:D
01-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Yes if they did do that then they would put themselves in a bit of damage because of many users having registered accounts, like me. I have around 25 accounts all with active email.
When I had 250+ unbanned accounts about 25% of the accounts would get the free gift...
Use to make a macro to trade all the credits (via presents) to a main account - come back in a few hours and ta-dah.
I wasn't the only person to do this... so... you know, there's no reason for them not to do it again.

AgnesIO
01-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I personally think ths thread is incorrect. The increase in credit demand was NOT due to habbo's desperately trying to sellthere stuff for credits to buy pets and what not, it was simply due to Marketplace. The Marketplace is only possible to use if you have credits. Therefore people paid higher prices for credits, to buy what they wanted from marketplace.

Also WAY WAY WAY more than 8000 people have bought credits from habbo. Considering on average in the evenings habbo uk gets well over 8000 people online, habbo es can reach 30,000 easily and all the other habbos doing very well too.

Giving out 5 credits to every habbo would not increase demand. You have to remember thousands still buy credits. All those credits (well around half) go into circulation. So this obviously isn't effecting there current value.

The so called 'collapse' you are saying. In actual fact most rares have had significant increases, to what we would have expected. Since around August many of us, especially Dan and myself in a convosation back then, said a boom would happen.

The values of rares will always go up and down, rumours and new editions can cause this, but at the end of the day - it happens.

dbgtz
01-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Id say there was a "habbo recession" but not in the sense you're on about, more in the sense that because of the normal recession affected stuff.

Gibs960
01-02-2010, 06:10 PM
A recession wouldn't be the word to describe it, but I agree people have been buying less from catalog, and go into cred shops, but I think thats gone up because more people are realising credits have gone up and should use them to an advantage (what little advantage they have) and habbo stopped because people with multiple accounts were sendin the 5 creds to their main account, so I have 3 accounts 3x5=15creds so habbo are loosin out. And you have a very small-minded view on this matter, saying it's all habbos fault? Habbo are a company, or business, they'll do what ever they can to get money, and giving free creds away isn't helpin anyone who works at habbo HQ

Mickword
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Tbh, I think Habbox was apart of this. They could have kept the HC sofa at the 13 credit price. But this is only a small part.

AgnesIO
01-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Tbh, I think Habbox was apart of this. They could have kept the HC sofa at the 13 credit price. But this is only a small part.

Come off it.

HABBOX IS A ******* GUIDE HOW STUPID DO YOU NEED TO BE TO UNDERSTAND THAT?? WE GO BY WHAT HABBO'S ARE TRADING AT. Woah caps xD. Go and blame sopmeone else for once and stop using habbox as a backrest. It's not our fault traders are so god damn stupid.

And mod's.. before I get infracted, I, at6 no point, indicated he was an idiot. Just users in general that seem to think Habbox makes the values, then everyone follows.

Molly.22
01-02-2010, 08:36 PM

They couldn't keep it at 13 credits in people weren't buying it at that price. As Demala said it is just a guide for what people are buying it for. :P

01-02-2010, 10:24 PM

Habbox will not keep a rare at a price when there is more evidence suggesting the rare is going for a different price than it is valued at on Habbox. (H)

Orangeesh
01-02-2010, 11:29 PM

lolol u made a graph? that's a pro rare value manager for u there.

I agree there isnt a recession yet, but I think from the graph there will be a big crash sooner or later.

Aidobmac
02-02-2010, 02:26 AM
Wow.....I just noticed...thanks :D

Document
02-02-2010, 04:13 AM
I also agree with -:undertaker:- that this is a "Booming" period.

Ajthedragon
02-02-2010, 08:29 AM
The HC Sofa just isn't worth as much anymore in my eyes, and Habbox change the value if like one trade happens above the Habbox value, meh I use marketplace now anyway.

MrPinkPanther
02-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Habbo can't go into a "recession" or a "depression" in the truest sense because it isn't a real life situation, you can't become unemployed, companies can't collapse and you can't go into debt. So really this whole thread is irrelevant, all it is is that Habbo prices fluctuate.

Jin
02-02-2010, 03:02 PM
But it certainly can feel the effects of a recession.

Personally I was a little disgusted at how they changed the prices of this online commodity. At the end of the day Sulake's running costs would be the same, I have noticed the lack of "double credit" promos recently and considering credits are free for them I dont see why it cant be 30 or 35 instead of 25.

Mickword
02-02-2010, 03:32 PM
Come off it.

HABBOX IS A ******* GUIDE HOW STUPID DO YOU NEED TO BE TO UNDERSTAND THAT?? WE GO BY WHAT HABBO'S ARE TRADING AT. Woah caps xD. Go and blame sopmeone else for once and stop using habbox as a backrest. It's not our fault traders are so god damn stupid.

And mod's.. before I get infracted, I, at6 no point, indicated he was an idiot. Just users in general that seem to think Habbox makes the values, then everyone follows.

Please don't use caps :P. Anyway I know Habbox is a guide but a lot of really dumb people on Habbo don't think its that, and its like the law or something.

They couldn't keep it at 13 credits in people weren't buying it at that price. As Demala said it is just a guide for what people are buying it for. :P

Yeah true :).

Habbox will not keep a rare at a price when there is more evidence suggesting the rare is going for a different price than it is valued at on Habbox. (H)

As I said above :).

MrPinkPanther
02-02-2010, 10:34 PM
But it certainly can feel the effects of a recession.
Indeed but nowhere near as much as other industries. Habbos userbase is teenagers who have tend to have a disposable income whatever happens. The only danger would be is if both their parents could no longer afford to give them pocket money which is only going to be in a minority of cases.

Personally I was a little disgusted at how they changed the prices of this online commodity. At the end of the day Sulake's running costs would be the same, I have noticed the lack of "double credit" promos recently and considering credits are free for them I dont see why it cant be 30 or 35 instead of 25.
Remember you don't know the credit trends, Sulake do. For example, more Users may now be joining Habbo but less buying credits. This would drive Sulakes server costs up to support the new inflow of Habbos and it would require more support staff and event staff to manage them all and keep them happy, despite the fact that credit sales were falling. So they would then be forced to adjust credit prices to keep the balance of payments in a similar region.

At the end of the day Sulake are a buisiness, they are in it to make money. If they see an area where they can make money then fair play to them, they should go for it!

OhLiam
04-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I'd disagree with you because most Habbo's own a basic 100creds - 10HC which is a fair amount. There are alot more rich people now than there was back in the days. I think 2010 is set to set credit prices soring and the hc and rares go down in value making new habbo's easier of getting rich through credits.

Okayas
27-03-2010, 11:52 AM
If your to divide everyone into classes, then the poorer and middle have benefitted the most. Below i'll list some examples of how some of the cheapest rares doubled/tripled in price within a few weeks (bear in mind i've listed their peak prices as since around last week they have begun to drop in value);

Alien Lifeform went from 0.3 CS to 2.0 CS
Astro-Bar went from 0.5 CS to 2.5 CS
Crogenic Bed went from 0.4 CS to 2.0 CS
Green & Green Marquee went from 0.7 CS to 1.5 CS
Ultramarine Marquee went from 1.0 CS to 2.0 CS
Red Dragon Marquee went from 1.0 CS to 2.5 CS
Big Ben went from 1.0 CS to 2.5 CS
Blue/Green/Yellow Bear Rug went from 0.3 CS to 0.9 CS
Organ went from 0.5 CS to 1.5 CS
Emerald Spaceship Door went from 0.5 CS to 2.0 CS

Thats just some examples of the lower rares, next up; the middle rares.

Peppermint Ice Cream Machine went from 4.0 CS to 16.0 CS
Cherry Ice Cream Machine went from 4.0 CS to 14.0 CS
Pistachio Ice Cream Machine went from 2.5 CS to 10.0 CS
Deluxe Theatre Chair went from 6.0 CS to 10.0 CS
romantique_clock went from 4.0 CS to 15.0 CS
Red/Blue Amber Lamp went from 1.0 CS to 3.0 CS
Yellow Amber Lamp went from 2.0 CS to 4.5 CS
Security Fence went from 8.0 CS to 19.0 CS

Thats just the tip of the iceberg. :P

Yes, they have raised in HC value, but that's it! Hc's have halved in price! Thoose pieces of furni are no more expensive CREDIT wise. As for 'No Habbo Economy', there is one... We but furniature with real money. Therefore, it is worth real money. There is values of each piece of furni, so therefore, the working class habbo's have a low value of furni. Middle Class have medium value and high class/rich, have high value in total. Is there a habbo economy? Yes. Is it going down? Yes. Nice thread. :3 EDIT: Also, the ones that have gone up more than double, have raised, but really, not by that much, A raise of three times, is not as much as it would have been last year.

Michael
27-03-2010, 12:09 PM
ooo I see

EDIT: No. They shouldnt give away free creds lmaoo

27-03-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, they have raised in HC value, but that's it! Hc's have halved in price! Thoose pieces of furni are no more expensive CREDIT wise. As for 'No Habbo Economy', there is one... We but furniature with real money. Therefore, it is worth real money. There is values of each piece of furni, so therefore, the working class habbo's have a low value of furni. Middle Class have medium value and high class/rich, have high value in total. Is there a habbo economy? Yes. Is it going down? Yes. Nice thread. :3 EDIT: Also, the ones that have gone up more than double, have raised, but really, not by that much, A raise of three times, is not as much as it would have been last year.

Thats wrong i'm afraid.

The boom that took place during January (that I have wrote down there with examples) was before the Club Sofa went down in value and before credits went up in value. Those values were when 0.1 CS = 1 C so the Peppermint ICM for example was 160 C which at the time was 16.0 CS, whereas today its only around 45 C which in real terms would be 4.5 CS and not 7.5 CS as it is now thanks to the credit-club sofa issue.

AgnesIO
28-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Thats wrong i'm afraid.

The boom that took place during January (that I have wrote down there with examples) was before the Club Sofa went down in value and before credits went up in value. Those values were when 0.1 CS = 1 C so the Peppermint ICM for example was 160 C which at the time was 16.0 CS, whereas today its only around 45 C which in real terms would be 4.5 CS and not 7.5 CS as it is now thanks to the credit-club sofa issue.

Although I agree with you the hc sofa value crash as made an impact on other rares prices. Not literally, but if Habbox still value in HC's (I have no idea..) then technically every hsa gone up in value. Although in actual fact it HASN'T, because everything is still worth pretty much the same in credits.

JACKTARD
28-03-2010, 05:12 PM
I believe that the change in rare values is all due to the club sofa decreasing in price, Credits are now a lot more valuable due to the extra prices in habbo exchange and the market place didn't help with the club sofa's decline

Mr-Trainor
28-03-2010, 05:40 PM
I believe that the change in rare values is all due to the club sofa decreasing in price, Credits are now a lot more valuable due to the extra prices in habbo exchange and the market place didn't help with the club sofa's decline

It's not just the new habbo exchange prices, it was the present prices and also the marketplace prices (comission fees).
Also, at first club sofas were not decreasing. Credits were increasing but then alot of people started saying things like 'hcs r crashing' etc, causing the supply of club sofas to drop. Club sofas did then decrease.

JACKTARD
28-03-2010, 06:33 PM
It's not just the new habbo exchange prices, it was the present prices and also the marketplace prices (comission fees).
Also, at first club sofas were not decreasing. Credits were increasing but then alot of people started saying things like 'hcs r crashing' etc, causing the supply of club sofas to drop. Club sofas did then decrease.

that was when i couldnt get on habbo, didnt know that. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!