PDA

View Full Version : Meip Gies Passed away

Narnat,
30-01-2010, 08:44 PM
She passed away not to long ago ( a few weeks ) I think it's really sad. She was the woman who kept Anne Franks Diary who was a Jew who was forced into hiding with her family and they stayed in a tiny annex for 2 years whilst Aldof Hitler was getting rid of all the Jews. Meip was helping them by bringing up food and stuff like that. When the family were found after 2 years by being turned in by a robber who broke into the house but because they were up in the attic he heard a noise and eventualy turned them into the Green Police and Nazis took them away. Out of Mrs Frank, Mr Frank , Margot Frank , Anne Frank , Peter Van Dann , Mrs Van Dann , Mr Van Dann and Mr Dussel who were all take to concentration camps only one lived Mr Frank who was given the well known Diary of his Daughter Anne Frank was kept and given back to Mr Frank by Meip. Without Meip the diary would never have gotten as far as it has.

So i kind of respect her in that way she seemed like a decent person and she will always be rememberd for her bravery as she could have been killed for hideing the family of jews.

hah
30-01-2010, 08:58 PM
was she is some film? she gets invited to new york to a school and tells her story. Hilary swank is in it (its only a small part of the story lol)

rip anyways :(

Narnat,
30-01-2010, 09:09 PM
was she is some film? she gets invited to new york to a school and tells her story. Hilary swank is in it (its only a small part of the story lol)

Don't know but i know she was in a documentray not to long ago it was a few weeks ago called Remember Anne Frank or something along those lines.

Inseriousity.
30-01-2010, 10:29 PM

That's the 'Freedom Fighters'
Dunno if it's her or an actress though tbh.

Anyway, she is a good example at how there are some good people in the world. RIP.

Narnat,
30-01-2010, 10:35 PM
That's the 'Freedom Fighters'
Dunno if it's her or an actress though tbh.

Anyway, she is a good example at how there are some good people in the world. RIP.

Yup shes such a brave person. The world would be a better if there were more people like her.

buttons
30-01-2010, 11:21 PM
She was the woman who kept Anne Franks Diary who was a Jew who was forced into hiding with her family and they stayed in a tiny annex for 2 years whilst Aldof Hitler was getting rid of all the Jews.
so um like.... who? :eusa_whis
joke, yeahhh went to some assembly thing about the holocaust and heard her story. was really sad. RIP.

Narnat,
30-01-2010, 11:27 PM
so um like.... who? :eusa_whis
joke, yeahhh went to some assembly thing about the holocaust and heard her story. was really sad. RIP.

Yeah i think her and Mr Otto Frank went around the world trying to prove the hollocost did acctualy happen and to promote Anne's Diary and also trying to prove people who called the diary fake wrong. :O

Japan
31-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I thought her name was Miep?

MrGazet
31-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I watched freedom fighters!

may she rest in peace though

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!