PDA

View Full Version : Line Activation.

PaulMacC
31-01-2010, 11:02 PM
My new ISP is activating my telephone line tomorrow, on the letter they sent me the due date for the activation is 01/02/2010. Does this mean tonight at 12am or tomorrow afternoon at 5pm. I was wondering if the line has to be activated at the local exchange manually or is it done through a computer on an allocated time schedule.

Recursion
31-01-2010, 11:14 PM
It means it will be ready when it's ready tomorrow :P

When we moved to BT as soon as our internet with our old ISP went down we moved over to our new BT setup and it worked immediately.

N!ck
01-02-2010, 12:02 AM
It means it will be ready when it's ready tomorrow :P

When we moved to BT as soon as our internet with our old ISP went down we moved over to our new BT setup and it worked immediately.

This. When your BT connection goes down, your Be connection should be enabled within a few minutes. Probably some time in the afternoon.

I assume your router from Be has arrived?

PaulMacC
01-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Yes, it arrived on Friday. Activation date is today. So when I come home from school it'll probably be done?

Recursion
01-02-2010, 07:33 AM
Yes, it arrived on Friday. Activation date is today. So when I come home from school it'll probably be done?

There's no saying when it'll be done, just wait for BT's to go down then do the ol' switcharoo on the username and pass in your router (or swap to the Be router)

N!ck
01-02-2010, 10:06 AM
There's no saying when it'll be done, just wait for BT's to go down then do the ol' switcharoo on the username and pass in your router (or swap to the Be router)

They don't use PPPoA or PPPoE so a username and password aren't needed. You jut literally have to swap the router as it is already set up to connect straight to Be, or if you want to use a different router you have t set it up for ETHoA.

Flisker
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
When I moved to BT last week, I didn't get any downtime at all. the transfer was quick and easy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!