PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Patterns.

AlexOC
03-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Well my sleeping pattern is just slightly wrong.

I go to sleep on school nights at about 1am, Then have to really forced myself to get up at about 8 am. Then in school i am reallllyyy tired. Then i get home and sometimes i fall asleep (i got up 10 minutes ago today) Then i can't go to sleep any earlier than 1am because i am not tired because i have just slept.

How do i sort this out, i can't go to sleep at like 11pm no matter how hard i try.

kuzkasate
03-02-2010, 07:51 PM
On Friday, Sat, Sun go to bed at around 10pm... read a book or something, get your eyes tired and at around 11pm you should feel dead.

Worked with me :D
Good luck!

AlexOC
03-02-2010, 07:53 PM
On Friday, Sat, Sun go to bed at around 10pm... read a book or something, get your eyes tired and at around 11pm you should feel dead.

Worked with me :D
Good luck!

Ahh see, on friday and saturday night i will get to bed at around 3am or later depending on what i am doing. I want to then be able to go to bed at 10pm on weekdays.

Am i asking too much? Can i just switch like that?

Arch
03-02-2010, 08:32 PM
You probably wont be able to switch just like that, but a good idea before going to bed is not to play on the computer or watch TV you should read a book or do alittle homework, because the TV / Computer screens somewhat trick your mind into thinking its daytime.

AlexOC
03-02-2010, 08:34 PM
You probably wont be able to switch just like that, but a good idea before going to bed is not to play on the computer or watch TV you should read a book or do alittle homework, because the TV / Computer screens somewhat trick your mind into thinking its daytime.

Damn im a boy at day, and expert CODer by night. I suppose sitting a couple of feet away from my tv whilst shooting people wakes me up slightly.

chantellehugs
03-02-2010, 08:51 PM
LOL, slightly? When I play COD I'm screaming because something's chasing me :S

But back on topic, if you do any sport at school that should definately tire you out, it does me and I'm always zonked off when my head touches the pillow on friday after my P.E lesson.
I also REALLY recommend reading a book before you go to bed, I used to do that and fall asleep with it in my hands, but now I quickly fold the page and run to switch off my light and get back into bed without waking myself up too much.
You could just try getting into bed at 11pm and act as though you're going to bed, sometimes when the light's off and everything's quiet it helps me to drift off, and I'm sure you'll fall asleep faster.
I've never really experienced this, I can rely on any book, apart from Dracula, to send me off to sleep.

AlexOC
03-02-2010, 08:52 PM
LOL, slightly? When I play COD I'm screaming because something's chasing me :S

But back on topic, if you do any sport at school that should definately tire you out, it does me and I'm always zonked off when my head touches the pillow on friday after my P.E lesson.
I also REALLY recommend reading a book before you go to bed, I used to do that and fall asleep with it in my hands, but now I quickly fold the page and run to switch off my light and get back into bed without waking myself up too much.
You could just try getting into bed at 11pm and act as though you're going to bed, sometimes when the light's off and everything's quiet it helps me to drift off, and I'm sure you'll fall asleep faster.
I've never really experienced this, I can rely on any book, apart from Dracula, to send me off to sleep.

Thanks, i'll try this. +rep when my caution ends :)

Pix
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Work out for 1/2 hours and have a HOT shower afterwards and i promise you you'll sleep without realising.

AlexOC
03-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Work out for 1/2 hours and have a HOT shower afterwards and i promise you you'll sleep without realising.

And get buff in the process!

Nice!!

syko2006
03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
No idea if anyone has suggested this yet but try not sleeping at all on Friday night and staying up right through the night. The next day you should feel pretty tired and then you can go to bed at about 10-11ish (PM) on Saturday. Set your alarm for something like 10 AM on Sunday then wake up then. Sunday night you should feel pretty tired and go to bed at around 10-11ish and not have too much trouble waking up on Monday morning.
It's a weekend waster sure, but it's worth it if you want to sort out your sleeping pattern. :)

Good luck! :D

AlexOC
03-02-2010, 09:25 PM
No idea if anyone has suggested this yet but try not sleeping at all on Friday night and staying up right through the night. The next day you should feel pretty tired and then you can go to bed at about 10-11ish (PM) on Saturday. Set your alarm for something like 10 AM on Sunday then wake up then. Sunday night you should feel pretty tired and go to bed at around 10-11ish and not have too much trouble waking up on Monday morning.
It's a weekend waster sure, but it's worth it if you want to sort out your sleeping pattern. :)

Good luck! :D

I think my failure rate of staying up throughout the night is about 99.87% i always go, 'im just gonna lye down for 1 minute' bam! 5pm!

Anyway i have thought of this before, will try, hopefully Sergio will stay up throughout the night with me on Fifa!

Haha thanks.

Black_Apalachi
03-02-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm back into a pattern like that cos I've been off uni for a while. Only way to fix is to force yourself to stay awake for about 24 hours then go to bed at a normal time (i.e. about 7 or 8 in the evening).

Arch
03-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Damn im a boy at day, and expert CODer by night. I suppose sitting a couple of feet away from my tv whilst shooting people wakes me up slightly.

This can add to the problem although its not the only cause!

Also since you like milk so much, if you have a warm glass of milk before bed it can make you go to sleep faster because there is some chemical or something in milk that activates when warm or something that causes sleepiness :P

ALSO if your feet are cold sleep with socks cold feet can also cause you to not sleep. and i believe someone already said this but a warm/hot shower before bed will also make you more sleepy.

-K8T!E-
03-02-2010, 11:57 PM
On week nights I dont get to sleep until about 2am and I've to get up at 8, weekends I'm usually up till about 5am haha. So I'm basically tired all the time.

Blinger1
04-02-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm back into a pattern like that cos I've been off uni for a while. Only way to fix is to force yourself to stay awake for about 24 hours then go to bed at a normal time (i.e. about 7 or 8 in the evening).
No its not. I had holidays and I would stay up late. I would go to bed maybe 11pm or whatever (okay, late for me isn't late for others, but i get up at 1:30am five times a week) so when I started work I was well out of my cycle. I just went to bed at what time i'd normally go (4-5pm) and was fine.

You can easily kick the habbit, just go to bed at 10 and play some music and shut your eyes. It will work.

Black_Apalachi
04-02-2010, 12:41 AM
No its not. I had holidays and I would stay up late. I would go to bed maybe 11pm or whatever (okay, late for me isn't late for others, but i get up at 1:30am five times a week) so when I started work I was well out of my cycle. I just went to bed at what time i'd normally go (4-5pm) and was fine.

You can easily kick the habbit, just go to bed at 10 and play some music and shut your eyes. It will work.

That's what I meant by 'a normal time', whatever is a normal time for you to get a good night's sleep :).

Blinger1
04-02-2010, 12:43 AM
yes but you don't have to stay up for 24 hours like you said.

Black_Apalachi
04-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Well I'm guessing the whole point is that they can't sleep at normal times because they are not tired due to having fallen asleep during the day time. So to combat that, staying awake for a long period will allow you to easily get to sleep at a suitable time. I don't think Alex created the thread to just be told to go to bed lol.

... How do i sort this out, i can't go to sleep at like 11pm no matter how hard i try.

Blinger1
04-02-2010, 04:14 AM
it seems to work though! Just shut your eyes and wait, i can wait up to 30 minutes trying to go to sleep ;(

AlexOC
04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
It seems it will be harder work then i though. I might just stay up this weekend. Along with hot shower, milk, reading and all other suggestions on weekdays.

Thanks to all who posted so far :) +Rep (when caution end) to all help :)

Richie
04-02-2010, 04:38 PM
mine always messes up but sleep suks i prefer 2 play habbo ;/

AlexOC
04-02-2010, 04:43 PM
mine always messes up but sleep suks i prefer 2 play habbo ;/

Lmao!

Habbo is no subsitute for sweet ol' sleep.

Narnat,
04-02-2010, 05:31 PM
I would suggest if you maby like be really active so that you can burn your energy and then you may be able to go to sleep earlier

AlexOC
04-02-2010, 06:30 PM
I would suggest if you maby like be really active so that you can burn your energy and then you may be able to go to sleep earlier

Yeh i get in about 11pm, then stay up playing xbox till about 1am sitting still, if i did something active after i get in like bounce on my trampoline maybe i could get myself tired (Y)

Thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!