PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Noire information soon...

dbgtz
05-02-2010, 11:44 PM
And probably alot coming from gameinformer.
http://gameinformer.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/610x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/00.00.00.00.06/8204.marchcover.jpg
So what do you think about it, do you think it's still PS3 exclusive or going multiplat? Could this mean it's released in the next couple of months? Well about 6 lol.

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/02/04/march-cover-revealed.aspx full article, only explains about the issue.

Fez
05-02-2010, 11:50 PM
It's multiplatform. Which is great.

No point in exclusives, no one wins except the publisher and console maker.

dbgtz
06-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Source? And exclusives are needed to sell a console, that's it. Also if ones better then the other in some specific way a dev might wanna choose that console in order to make the game they want.

Fez
06-02-2010, 01:53 PM
Source? And exclusives are needed to sell a console, that's it. Also if ones better then the other in some specific way a dev might wanna choose that console in order to make the game they want.

http://www.destructoid.com/l-a-noir-no-longer-a-ps3-exclusive-hitting-360-as-well-162673.phtml

Yes but who else benefits from the 'exclusivity deal'? The publisher usually does, as Microsoft/ Sony or Nintendo will usually send them a couple of million to keep them happy. I hear that most of the time it's just for timed exclusives.

Developers don't have much hardware freedom or creative freedom for that fact, not nowadays anyway. A dev can pitch which platforms it would appear best on, but the publisher will sway them to the most marketable or profitable console. Most of the time a game like Bioshock will be put towards Microsoft, who will secure timed exclusivity but keep that timed contract out of the public eye so as to make 'safe sales'.

Exclusives are also just fuel for fanboy's fire, a complete and utter ignorant audience which I despise to the bone.

Ontopic: I love the visual style, but it could go two ways for me.

dbgtz
06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Yer this game looks cool, hopefully it's just like GTA in terms of sandbox.

Neil
06-02-2010, 11:28 PM
It was never exclusive in the first place.

Exclusives are stupid, Sony should stop being stupid and work with Microsoft to make a console, then we can have the fancy crap PS3 has and the decent service the xbox has all in one.

Fez
06-02-2010, 11:45 PM
It was never exclusive in the first place.

Exclusives are stupid, Sony should stop being stupid and work with Microsoft to make a console, then we can have the fancy crap PS3 has and the decent service the xbox has all in one.

I think all the console makers are stupid.

Sony thinks it owns the place with the highest tech, when all it really has is a giant load of 1st party developers and a little thing called bluray.

Microsoft just wants to keep churning out the as much generic stuff as possible, supporting the big sellers and not the most innovative titles.

Nintendo went casual.

Too bad they will never unite. Given that everyone is greedy.

dbgtz
08-02-2010, 05:04 PM
It's not greed it's called competition, it's not like one company makes TVs.

adaym
08-02-2010, 05:07 PM
It's not greed it's called competition, it's not like one company makes TVs.
But that's different, see. Not one TV manufacturer has exclusivity for HD, per say,

dbgtz
08-02-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes but there's the chance it will have something exclusive on it to make it stand out, otherwise what's the point in having so many TV makes? It's the same with consoles, exclusives help it stand out from the competition.

ItsDave
09-02-2010, 01:32 AM
The funny thing is that this was infact meant to be a PS3 exclusive, but they've changed their minds and decided multiplatform. More moniez.

Neil
09-02-2010, 02:05 AM
The funny thing is that this was infact meant to be a PS3 exclusive, but they've changed their minds and decided multiplatform. More moniez.

No the funny thing is it was never announced as an exclusive, when they announced it they said it was "coming to next gen consoles" but only PS3 was mentioned, they never said "coming exclusively to PS3" you could look all over the internet a month ago and not one reliable source will say it was announced exclusively for the PS3, I believe in an older thread for this I had said that this game wasn't going to be a PS3 exclusive.

adaym
09-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes but there's the chance it will have something exclusive on it to make it stand out, otherwise what's the point in having so many TV makes? It's the same with consoles, exclusives help it stand out from the competition.
Go on then. Show me.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!