PDA

View Full Version : help lol..

hah
06-02-2010, 12:49 AM
i brought my dog out on her leash for the first time tonight and she didn't understand :L she sat there and wouldn't walk. Then after a while she jumped up on me and wanted to be lifted. Does it take a while for them to be use to it or what lol?

I ended up carrying her inside my jumper for around 2-3hours ;l

Stryderman
06-02-2010, 01:03 AM
Cant say i know tbh when i took my dog off the lead it just ran off and havnt done it since, Google is probs your best bet :rolleyes:

Black_Apalachi
06-02-2010, 04:38 AM
Are you talking about a puppy? I know it sometimes requires some work to get them used to a lead but can't say I've ever done it myself. I would imagine you just tug the lead gently and try and encourage her. If she's really not having it you could try it around the house first, even for a couple of minutes at a time just to help her get used to the lead and do it for longer and longer each time until she's not bothered. Treats are great bribes :D

Richie
06-02-2010, 06:12 AM
All the puppys I've had always just sprinted once on the lead reefing the arm off me. You dogs just a lazy *****.

Pix
06-02-2010, 01:56 PM
OMG same happened to me with my pup last year and i was thinking wth but it got used to it straight away.

Tash.
06-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Maybe try and encourage it to walk by holding a treat in your hand? Show it that you have the treat and then encourage it to walk beside you. I had the opposite problem, my dog pulled and that's alot worse.

ecstasy
06-02-2010, 05:56 PM
My dog was the complete opposite when she was a puppy :P
Anyway, like others have said, bring some treats out with you, let the dog smell it and start walking, she'll follow. After a while, give her the treat and start walking again. If she doesnt follow just do the treat trick again. She'll soon get used to going out for a walk, once she does she wont need any encouragement

Richie
08-02-2010, 07:02 AM
My dog was the complete opposite when she was a puppy :P
Anyway, like others have said, bring some treats out with you, let the dog smell it and start walking, she'll follow. After a while, give her the treat and start walking again. If she doesnt follow just do the treat trick again. She'll soon get used to going out for a walk, once she does she wont need any encouragement

wen i was a child my ma didnt hold food infront of my face until I learnt to walk properly. Just keep bringing IT out until it can walk properly.

hah
17-02-2010, 03:45 PM
kk she can walk now lol, took a lot of work :L

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!