PDA

View Full Version : Explosion in Connecticut

Jordy
07-02-2010, 05:53 PM
Large number of causalities it seems, information still a little vague for the moment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8503142.stm

There has been a large explosion at a power plant in Connecticut, causing mass casualties, US media report.

Ambulances and fire engines have been called to the gas and oil-fired Kleen Energy plant in Middletown, south of the state capital, Hartford.
The Middletown Press newspaper said on its website that a gas pipeline had exploded, and that flames were shooting out of a pipeline at one point.
Witnesses said homes were shaken and black smoke could be seen for miles.

Technologic
07-02-2010, 06:01 PM
It's texas city all over again

Orangeesh
07-02-2010, 06:01 PM
what a rotten bit of luck, Can you imagine people having a normal regular day?
then BOOM.

Jordy
07-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Information's a little scarce but two confirmed deaths (Likely to be more), over 200 causalities and the fire is now under control. Take it with a pinch of salt however.

GommeInc
07-02-2010, 06:04 PM
Pretty shocking a gas pipe just randomly explodes, especially in a gas powered plant :/ Usually they keep an eye on these things with regular checks... It does seem fishy, but might just be a random event like when the oil plant in the UK exploded. Quite serious though.

Geraint
07-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Pretty shocking a gas pipe just randomly explodes, especially in a gas powered plant :/ Usually they keep an eye on these things with regular checks... It does seem fishy, but might just be a random event like when the oil plant in the UK exploded. Quite serious though.

They're in the process of making it though. They were testing out the generating system.

-:Undertaker:-
07-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh thats bad, RIP to anyone who has died - not something you'd expect.

RedStratocas
09-02-2010, 06:57 PM
this happened about 20 minutes from where i grew up/where my parents live. i read about it a couple days ago but im going back to connecticut in a couple of days, from what ive been reading my parents might have saw the smoke or even felt the blast. i guess ill ask them.

such a shame, but from what i understand it could have been much much worse.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!