PDA

View Full Version : arctic monkeys, your views

alexxxxx
08-02-2010, 09:54 PM
i find them really dull and boring. your thoughts? i don't honestly see how they are so popular. :S

Geraint
08-02-2010, 09:55 PM
i think they're very good.

Andys
08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
they are amazing!

Stryderman
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Good when they first came out but now i dnt like them

danzooo
08-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Used to like them, not really into that music anymore. But they're ok.

Arch
08-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I think they are alrright, i use to listen alot more before now i barely do

Smits
08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I still like some of their songs.

Eoin
08-02-2010, 10:51 PM
still a decent festival band like

untrustus
08-02-2010, 10:54 PM
they've made three great albums and progressed well throughout their career. also alex turner is fantastic lyrically, even if you don't like the music you should appreciate that. oh, and they also have an incredibly talented drummer in matt helders.

samsaBEAR
08-02-2010, 10:56 PM
they've made three great albums and progressed well throughout their career. also alex turner is fantastic lyrically, even if you don't like the music you should appreciate that. oh, and they also have an incredibly talented drummer in matt helders.
matt is most likely the most talented member of the band. he is also the one that looks least like a ****.
huge fan of the first album back in the day, second album was pretty good, don't really like the third album

-:Undertaker:-
08-02-2010, 11:01 PM
i find them really dull and boring. your thoughts? i don't honestly see how they are so popular. :S

I used to think that, I mean like when they were at the height of their popularity I wasnt keen then when everyone was going mental over them. I start listening like properly a few months ago and I love them - I can understand why people find them dull but hmm I don't know, they tend to grow on you. Listen to 505, Crying Lightening & Sketchead (some of their best I think)

alex turner :love7:

alexxxxx
08-02-2010, 11:02 PM
third album is the best, more mature than the rest. even though his drumming is good, i don't think that makes the band much better as a whole. Slipknot's drummer is immense. (not that slipknot is really a favorite of mine)

untrustus
08-02-2010, 11:04 PM
i don't see how you "can't see why they're popular" though. and obviously the third album is gonna be more mature; they're adults now whereas they wrote the first album when they were just kids really.

alexxxxx
08-02-2010, 11:06 PM
i don't see how you "can't see why they're popular" though. and obviously the third album is gonna be more mature; they're adults now whereas they wrote the first album when they were just kids really.

when i mean mature, i mean it has a mature sound. for example, blink-182 and green day were/are particularly old when they released their newest albums and the sound isn't exactly more mature.

RedStratocas
09-02-2010, 05:38 AM
their first album is great, second album is pretty good, i havent really gotten into their third album but its by no means bad.

oh and the drummer from battles > all.

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 06:49 AM
I feel kind of guilty because I wrote them off from the beginning as a "The" band purely because I didn't want to jump on the bandwagon when everyone else loved them and I thought they seemed a bit arrogant anyway. But I do think their music is pretty good, especially lyrically so they're starting to grow on me a little bit

untrustus
09-02-2010, 12:57 PM
... but they're not even a "the" band

their first album is great, second album is pretty good, i havent really gotten into their third album but its by no means bad.

oh and the drummer from battles > all.
i see your battles drummer and raise you the drummer from HEALTH.

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Well they are, but OK.

samsaBEAR
09-02-2010, 01:32 PM
well they're not a the band

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM
They are The Arctic Monkeys. I'm not having an argument about this.

RedStratocas
09-02-2010, 02:12 PM
i see your battles drummer and raise you the drummer from HEALTH.

i see your HEALTH dummer and raise you a wilco drummer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ENLOtLHBWE) (see simultaneous xylophone playing around 1:30)

well i will anyway for the lulz

do you see a "the" in this (http://tonemarrowreviews.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/arctic_monkeys-humbug.jpg) album cover?

how bout this (http://passionweiss.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/fwn_large.jpg) one?

what about their wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Monkeys)?

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 02:18 PM
Well they still have that sort of sound that goes with it which is more the point albeit they may have been around before the others. Besides, well done for picking out the most pedantic part of my whole original post; says loads about you - especially coming from somebody who disregards music purely based on its age (samsaBEAR)

Anyway I'll see all your peeps and raise you a Chad Smith x

RedStratocas
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Well they still have that sort of sound that goes with it which is more the point albeit they may have been around before the others. Besides, well done for picking out the most pedantic part of my whole original post; says loads about you - especially coming from somebody who disregards music purely based on its age (samsaBEAR)

actually i consider the "the" stage to have come in the early 00's with the white stripes, the hives, the strokes etc, though i suppose they did take inspiration from these sorts of bands so i guess i see your point.

i like chad smith but id hardly consider him a standout amongst other drummers, other than the fact he looks pretty much exactly like will ferrell.

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 02:30 PM
Woah, I would hardly say the White Stripes or The Hives sound like anyone else really? Love the Will Ferrell comment though :P

clueless
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
my favourite band lol
i don't know what it is about them just their honesty i guess and i love their attitudes to celebrity life anyway so you can tell they are really passionate about music and just want their music heard not really all the fame. anyway their music i love i dont know why i just do lol! i never get bored and yeah lyrics are brilliant and all very talented musicians.

i think their humbug album is very good, i wasnt sure on it at all at first but now i love it! i reckon its just a platform to an even better album next anyway

Haaaaarry1
09-02-2010, 05:28 PM
erm they used to be good but i dont like their last album.

samsaBEAR
09-02-2010, 09:47 PM

how about their official website http://www.arcticmonkeys.com. ****.

i may not like old music, but at least im not stubborn enough to deny the obvious omission of 'the' in a band name.

ecstasy
09-02-2010, 10:02 PM
My favourite band, have been ever since Whatever People Say I Am

joshuar
09-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Do like their newer stuff, the old stuff is alright but I do prefer songs like Crying Lightning, My Propeller, Secret Door, Pretty Visitors etc.

It's not an issue to me weather a band is popular or not, i'll listen to them if I like it. Didn't bother me that they were the bomb in 2006, still liked them then and still do now!

Black_Apalachi
10-02-2010, 08:22 AM
how about their official website http://www.arcticmonkeys.com. ****.

i may not like old music, but at least im not stubborn enough to deny the obvious omission of 'the' in a band name.

Yet you are stubborn enough to ignore further posts which explain the meaning behind the point as opposed to simply the word. The rudeness of whatever was filtered there was a bit uncalled for as well, I might add

samsaBEAR
10-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Yet you are stubborn enough to ignore further posts which explain the meaning behind the point as opposed to simply the word. The rudeness of whatever was filtered there was a bit uncalled for as well, I might add

*REMOVED*

Edited by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Black_Apalachi
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
The next time I pick out the tiniest detail of your post and create a pointless and unnecessary argument out of it, then you might have some grounds to call me whatever you want

beth
10-02-2010, 07:58 PM
i think i'm one of the only people who prefer the second album to the first.
i find it more lyrically/musically pleasing (to me anyway).
third album is complete **** though.

clueless
10-02-2010, 08:00 PM
i cant pick between any of the albums to be honest

i dont think the last album is complete **** i think it just requires a bit more effort
if they continued to just churn out the same stuff as before they woulda been accused of not progressing :x i think crying lightning is one of their strongest songs

beth
10-02-2010, 08:03 PM
i cant pick between any of the albums to be honest

i dont think the last album is complete **** i think it just requires a bit more effort
if they continued to just churn out the same stuff as before they woulda been accused of not progressing :x i think crying lightning is one of their strongest songs
i think progression for the sake of progression is wrong, and i don't think what they have created is anywhere near the standard of their older stuff.
though i don't like the first album, i appreciate the quality of it.
i don't rate the third album at all.

clueless
10-02-2010, 08:05 PM
i think progression for the sake of progression is wrong, and i don't think what they have created is anywhere near the standard of their older stuff.
though i don't like the first album, i appreciate the quality of it.
i don't rate the third album at all.

i get what you are saying but if someone sounded the same for their whole career it would get boring, it was more of a natural progression than a forced one i would say.
and i think thats a matter of the opinion because i think the standard is just as good

Lµke
10-02-2010, 08:08 PM
To be straight to the point, I went and watched them before they was 'big' in alittle dingy pub in sheffield and was hooked from then on. Loved all there early stuff and my interest wained abit after there second album Favourite Worst Nightmare.

Seen them at the Leeds festival last year and there performance was average at best compared to when I've seen them other times, was really disappointed.

Like Oasis really, loved there early stuff and then they lost there way and the music just became nothing special.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!