PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Gen V

Hushie
09-02-2010, 04:19 PM
I think it's about time for a thread dedicated to Pokémon Gen V discussion, speculation, information etc.

Generation V was officially announced a few days ago on Pokémon Sunday when Jun'ichi Masuda,
the director of Pokémon, revealed the first silhouette of a Gen 5 Pokémon.
It is expected that more information will be revealed in the february 15th edition of Coro Coro.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/9520/maintg.jpg
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/First_Gen_V_Pok%C3%A9mon_revealed_in_Pok%C3%A9mon_ Sunday

Gen 5 is expected to be released for the DS in 2010

Any thoughts? I actually can't wait, such a Pokénerd

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Gen 5?! Sorry I'm out of touch with everything after Mewtwo, are generations based on each kind of game or are they each a different set of Pokémon? I only know of the first 150 then the next 100 or so...

Jam
09-02-2010, 04:50 PM
1G - Blue, Red and Yellow (Green in Japan). 1-151
2G - Gold, Silver and Crystal. 151-251
3G - Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. 251-386
4G - Diamond, Pearl and Platnium. 386-493

(Not too sure on the numbers)

LeafGreen, FireRed, HeartGold and SoulSilver are all remakes for newer consoles so aren't a generation.

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Oh I see, cheers ;) I've only played Blue, Yellow, Gold and LeafGreen. Loved LeafGreen because it's the original game but with all the modern features :D

Sly
10-02-2010, 08:08 AM
I love new pokemon!
We've not even got Gold/Silver yet though ;o
Won't have much of a wait for the next game then.
That's good ;D

Hushie
10-02-2010, 02:26 PM
According to www.serebii.net it's been confirmed by CoroCoro that the Pokémon in the silhouette and it's pre-evo are these:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5691/ming3.png
I'm not too keen on them, seem kind of bland to me

syko2006
10-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Ah man, when I was younger I loved Pokémon!

I played all the way from 1996 and loved it! :D
The last one I played was 'Diamond' I think. Nice find by the way. :D

Sly
10-02-2010, 04:22 PM
According to www.serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net) it's been confirmed by CoroCoro that the Pokémon in the silhouette and it's pre-evo are these:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5691/ming3.png

I'm not too keen on them, seem kind of bland to me

They suck :(
Look like digmon xD

Jam
10-02-2010, 04:43 PM
They suck :(
Look like digmon xD

The drawings always do, as soon as its a sprite it looks right.

Sly
10-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I hope the legendarys arnt so robotic this time around

Black_Apalachi
10-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Don't know if anyone will understand what I mean, but I see a big difference between the original 151 and all the newer ones. While the original ones were often loosely based on animals/plants etc, they were still pretty imaginative and a lot of them were completely unique creatures. All the new ones I've seen since then however, always seem to be just cartoon animals - basically less imaginative, and they seem to be obsessed with making them look meaner. That's pretty much what lost my interest

Hushie
10-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Don't know if anyone will understand what I mean, but I see a big difference between the original 151 and all the newer ones. While the original ones were often loosely based on animals/plants etc, they were still pretty imaginative and a lot of them were completely unique creatures. All the new ones I've seen since then however, always seem to be just cartoon animals - basically less imaginative, and they seem to be obsessed with making them look meaner. That's pretty much what lost my interest

I know what you mean, personally I do like the designs of the first Gen Pokémon the most. This is probably because there is a huge amount of nostalgia attached to them. But when you actually think about it the first Gen Pokémon aren't actually that imaginative, the majority were just based on generic animals. I think the second Gen Pokémon have possibly got the perfect mix of imagination and simplicity.

Black_Apalachi
11-02-2010, 03:11 PM
I know what you're saying too. There are some such as Ponyta, Meowth, Eckans and the various birds (plus evolutions of course), but they were still varied rather than just being cartoon animals and there were many others which you couldn't really say look like any real life animals. When the second gen came along, all I was seeing was dogs, sheep, a tree and various other similar-to-life creatures. I also didn't buy the whole idea of suddenly discovering pre-evolutions that nobody had ever seen before lol. Anyway as you say, nostalgia probably makes me biased in favour of the first gen :P

FlyingJesus
11-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I hope the legendarys arnt so robotic this time around

I was gonna say something along these lines - after gen2 everything seemed to turn into "hey let's get machines as pokemon" and as good as their stats may have been, they were hella boring. Haven't got far into gen4 tbh because the emulator I have is tricky to make work in terms of whether or not it'll decide to save, but even with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald this was pretty apparent. There haven't really been any pokemon since Crystal (well since Gold/Silver actually because Celebi is crap) that I've actually liked, just ones I've put up with for the games.

Black_Apalachi
11-02-2010, 04:50 PM
... There haven't really been any pokemon since Crystal (well since Gold/Silver actually because Celebi is crap) that I've actually liked, just ones I've put up with for the games.

Exactly! Gold felt like a chore towards the end. I only did the Johto half of it and came out of the cave, and I was just like cba doing Kanto and turned it off lol

Sly
12-02-2010, 10:11 AM
I liked Rayquaza I gotta admit, I also liked minus and pulse xD

Niall!
12-02-2010, 10:25 AM
I was gonna say something along these lines - after gen2 everything seemed to turn into "hey let's get machines as pokemon" and as good as their stats may have been, they were hella boring. Haven't got far into gen4 tbh because the emulator I have is tricky to make work in terms of whether or not it'll decide to save, but even with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald this was pretty apparent. There haven't really been any pokemon since Crystal (well since Gold/Silver actually because Celebi is crap) that I've actually liked, just ones I've put up with for the games.

Giaratina is a good legendary and he's a dragon/ghost.
Arceus is the normal legendary and he's the god of all pokemon.

Also, HEART GOLD AND SOUL SILVER WHEN?

FlyingJesus
12-02-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/edjsitnek/Giratina.png
Giratina

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/diando/arceus.png
Arceus

Looking pretty robotic to me. I didn't mean steel type I meant it in an entirely aesthetic sense - I don't want to use pokemon who look stupid

samsaBEAR
12-02-2010, 06:51 PM
the thing i find with all the pokemon generations is that they're exactly the same. ie, you'll have the obvious fire, grass, water starters, which is fair enough, but then you also have the two different flying evoloutions, the bug ones, the awesome psychic trio etcetc. gets kidna boring.
the gold/silver/crystal generation is probably my favourite, i'm contemplating getting a ds just so i can play soul silver

Sly
12-02-2010, 09:53 PM
'bout 6 weeks now 'til ss/hg :D

Black_Apalachi
13-02-2010, 08:01 AM
the thing i find with all the pokemon generations is that they're exactly the same. ie, you'll have the obvious fire, grass, water starters, which is fair enough, but then you also have the two different flying evoloutions, the bug ones, the awesome psychic trio etcetc. gets kidna boring.
the gold/silver/crystal generation is probably my favourite, i'm contemplating getting a ds just so i can play soul silver

Yeah exactly, they just make them more and more obscure.

After completing LeafGreen, I don't think I can be bothered playing any of them again because I won't like anything newer than that and as that was on my laptop via emulator, I wouldn't be able to stand a GameBoy (emulator = hold space bar to speed up game by like ten times) :L

Ajthedragon
13-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Tbh, I think its all getting too much, can't wait for Heart Gold and Soul Silver as it is. :(

Hushie
14-02-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/edjsitnek/Giratina.png
Giratina

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt213/diando/arceus.png
Arceus

Looking pretty robotic to me. I didn't mean steel type I meant it in an entirely aesthetic sense - I don't want to use pokemon who look stupid

I agree with what you're saying, Gen 4 did have a very 'Robotic or Metallic' feel to many of it's designs, but this probably (or hopefully) won't be the case with Gen 5 as each generation seems to have a defining style.

Stefy09
15-02-2010, 12:26 AM
I agree they all look robotic. Also I liked how they started making penis headed ones aswell

samsaBEAR
15-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah exactly, they just make them more and more obscure.

After completing LeafGreen, I don't think I can be bothered playing any of them again because I won't like anything newer than that and as that was on my laptop via emulator, I wouldn't be able to stand a GameBoy (emulator = hold space bar to speed up game by like ten times) :L
haha exactly the same for me tbh. might just wait till someone comes up with a decent ds emulator. i've tried no$ and i just get pissed off with it.

Oleh
16-02-2010, 05:36 PM
a pokemon rpg on the pc would turn out pretty nice to be honest :) shame they dont make one

Hushie
18-02-2010, 10:36 AM
a pokemon rpg on the pc would turn out pretty nice to be honest :) shame they dont make one

An MMORPG is what many fans want :L

FlyingJesus
18-02-2010, 11:13 AM
There have been attempts at pokémon mmorpg releases but they're all like independantly coded rather than by anyone corporate or with skill/a decent server so they all suck horrendously and some even give you tasty viruses. Crater was good but shut down and reopened as http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net which I haven't actually tried yet

Hushie
18-02-2010, 11:23 AM
I know I've tried a few of them...
A 3D one like the console games would be noiceeee

Black_Apalachi
18-02-2010, 03:15 PM
There have been attempts at pokémon mmorpg releases but they're all like independantly coded rather than by anyone corporate or with skill/a decent server so they all suck horrendously and some even give you tasty viruses. Crater was good but shut down and reopened as http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net which I haven't actually tried yet

I tried that once but couldn't get it to work :(

Southe,
20-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Not really that into Pokémon just buy the games when there out and play them until i get bored xD tho i am happy that GS SS have them following you around so i hope that carrys over to 5th Gen.

Wish they would just make a Wii game with all Gens. and add some sort of Co-Op play where your friends can play there game same time as you. Hopefully we get a release like HG SS aswell for 5th Gen. dont lik waiting for 2-3 months for the same version..

New Eevees pls

samsaBEAR
21-02-2010, 01:42 PM
no, no new eevees, i thought adding the dark and psychic ones were bad enough. they keep just adding different versions of the originals, about 10% of every new generation is a new design, it's stupid

[Chris]
23-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Ah, the good old times..

'Dad, how'd i get past this patch of grass? this woman keeps saying its not safe'
Dad : 'How am i supposed to know?'

Aha, funny times.. I think they've brought it on TOO much.. Its become the same.. The newer games just dont size up to the older games..

Hushie
23-02-2010, 09:43 PM
I absolutely adore Eveelutions they're just a lovely tradition.
I'm hoping for a flying type one :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!