PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown has gone Bananas!

United-Clowgon
09-02-2010, 06:48 PM
The Prime Minister has turned to the fruit as a substitute for KitKat bars to give him the energy to survive long days at No 10, according to reports.

Mrs Brown apparently told her husband to reduce his chocolate intake in an effort to get him in shape before the general election, which is expected in May.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "The Prime Minister has always taken the view that a balanced diet is very important

"Portions of fruit and veg taken on a daily basis can only lead to good health and radiance."

But pressed on whether he was eating as many as nine bananas a day, the spokesman refused to be drawn and said that it was simply "speculation".

The Sun newspaper claimed that Mr Brown's three-KitKat-a-day habit had been significantly reduced, with the Prime Minister now only treating himself when under extreme pressure.

It quoted a Downing Street source as saying: "Like with everything, Gordon is an obsessive. Bananas are his big thing now – he can't get enough of them."

"The PM has always liked to chew on something during endless meetings. So the suggestion was made to him that bananas might be a more healthy option that the KitKats and fizzy drinks he loves.
"He knows he's up against two fitter and younger men in David Cameron and Nick Clegg during the Election campaign, so he's keen to look a bit leaner. He has taken up jogging and goes to the gym."

Bananas and politicians do not always go well together. A photograph of David Miliband holding one the fruits during the Labour conference in September 2008 came to symbolise his perceived immaturity, undermining his leadership hopes.

I bet he's used his expenses to pay for these! :@

Nemo
09-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Slow news day huh?

GommeInc
09-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Anyone else thinking "... That's nice..." Not really amazing to know... Good for him, but I couldn't care any less.

United-Clowgon
09-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Only a day old!

Tash.
09-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah BBC were reporting this on Breakfast this morning.. don't really see how it warrants being news. They were consulting nutritionists and things :S Stupidity.

buttons
09-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Anyone else thinking "... That's nice..." Not really amazing to know... Good for him, but I couldn't care any less.
yeah same
he's doing something he should be doing anyway, woopdee doo

Jordy
09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm not really concerned if he's spending his expenses on bananas to be honest, they only cost a few quid.

The David Miliband photo is hilarious, this is the Foreign Minister who's meant to be taking a tough stand against the likes of Iran. It's no wonder they can't take him seriously.
http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/david-milliband-banana-415x275.jpg

DJ-Ains.T
09-02-2010, 07:04 PM
OMG. WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Edited by Tash. (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Black_Apalachi
09-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Slow news day huh?

Lmao this post hit the the thread square on the head :P

-:Undertaker:-
10-02-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm not really concerned if he's spending his expenses on bananas to be honest, they only cost a few quid.

The David Miliband photo is hilarious, this is the Foreign Minister who's meant to be taking a tough stand against the likes of Iran. It's no wonder they can't take him seriously.
http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/david-milliband-banana-415x275.jpg

I do, especially when the man is on over £100k a year. On Milliband, sums this government up really doesn't it.

dbgtz
10-02-2010, 08:28 PM
One more sextoy to his collection. And gordon brown has always been bananas, just look at him.

In relation to that how much he's paid, how much is he and the US president paid?

Jordy
10-02-2010, 08:52 PM
One more sextoy to his collection. And gordon brown has always been bananas, just look at him.

In relation to that how much he's paid, how much is he and the US president paid?Umm Brown is about £120k a year, and Obama about $400k a year (About £256k). Neither of which is particularly much considering how much they could earn in the private sector and considering how important their job is, some of the most powerful in the world. I wouldn't exactly feel sorry for them though, they can make an absolute fortune once they leave office, look at Bill Clinton and Tony Blair for example, doing lectures all around the world for around £2k a minute!

On top of their pay, they also get quite a nice house Number 10/White House and free transport. All other living expenses are paid for the US President I know that, for the UK Prime Minister though I'm unsure whether they have to pay for things like food and whether they have things like a cook?

Accipiter
10-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Something we all need to say to the media...

"who gives a **** what he eats!?!?!?!"

dbgtz
10-02-2010, 08:58 PM
What's blair and clinton doing? Like who for.

Jordy
10-02-2010, 09:01 PM
What's blair and clinton doing? Like who for.They do lectures for corporations and universities all around the world. Blair also has an elaborate book deal. He's also the middle east peace envoy and works for quite a few companies I believe (Guiding them supposedly) such as banks. He makes many millions now to say the least.

Fez
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
WHY DOESN'T HE JUST GIVE UP.

JUST GET FAT.

YOU WON'T WIN. GET FAT.

FAT.

(good for him)

dbgtz
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
When (not if) he loses the election you can tell he'll crash and start eating yorkies.

Pix
10-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Wonder what other things he uses em for

Black_Apalachi
11-02-2010, 01:57 AM
When (not if) he loses the election you can tell he'll crash and start eating yorkies.

Hang on, he's only on Kit-Kats atm - he's still got Kit-Kat Chunkies to move onto first

today
11-02-2010, 02:22 AM
Hang on, he's only on Kit-Kats atm - he's still got Kit-Kat Chunkies to move onto first
LOL!! Don't forget Timeouts :(

Dan!
11-02-2010, 05:37 AM

very behide the times :D!

but really? who cares what hes eating though.:eusa_danc

Bun
11-02-2010, 09:03 AM
when i saw this in the paper i nearly cried, this isn't worth of a newspaper.

Orangeesh
11-02-2010, 02:12 PM
Slow news day huh?

lol must be.

tbh I dont care what he eat's as long it has poison in it ill be happy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!