PDA

View Full Version : Google's Buzz - Yet another social networking site.

Recursion
09-02-2010, 11:20 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8506148.stm

Happy fun times for all.

Richie
10-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Heard a few months back that google were in the process of creating a social networking site, I think its going to be a big blast and is going to cause people to leave twitter and facebook.

kk.
10-02-2010, 12:24 AM
I read they've had numerous attempts at cracking this Market and had flopped. I doubt they'll attract many people from facebook or Twitter

Blinger1
10-02-2010, 01:12 AM
I think they should just let Twitter and facebook be tbh

Richie
10-02-2010, 02:05 AM
i dnt like how u do everything through gmail... thats pretty ****e

Stryderman
10-02-2010, 04:20 AM
Oh god

Black_Apalachi
10-02-2010, 07:33 AM
People might join but they won't leave Twitter or Facebook. I highly doubt there will be such a gap between these as there was between MySpace and Facebook. Apart from the occasional bugs, Facebook is the perfect social networking site - and after the recent update those bugs may well have been sorted out. I guess Twitter is pretty unique as well, so people who use it will probably stick to it.

Unless this turns out to be somehow a million times better than Facebook, I don't see how it's going to take off. From a personal point of view, the only reason you join a social networking site is because you know a lot of its existing members. So being brand new with no members, I'm not sure how it can set the ball rolling.

The Professor
10-02-2010, 01:05 PM
On Buzz Out Loud yesterday they said it was just a gmail feature and they weren't touting it as a social network thing. So idk, if it is a "social networking site" its fail imo.

GoldenMerc
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
i like it how everything works with google as I have a android phone so obviously it works good but i wont be leaving facebook.

Smits
10-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Cant see myself ever elaving facebook now, spent too much time on it haha

Jahova
10-02-2010, 04:06 PM
It's basic but it could take off IMO.

Flisker
10-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Watch Google will try and buy out Twitter and Facebook. It's inevitable that they will try, whether they succeed or not is a totally different thing.

Jordy
10-02-2010, 05:07 PM
I hope to god that Google one day take over Twitter. Microsoft have their hands in Facebook so it's unlikely they will ever take it over (2% of shares).

Buzz is a bit of a fail to be honest (much like Google Wave). It has some sort of good features but lacks any real functionality. It's like Google Talk, I think it's a great IM system, miles better than MSN or Facebook IM but seeing as no one else uses it, neither do I. This won't take people away from Facebook or Twitter so I've no reason to use it.

Black_Apalachi
10-02-2010, 05:21 PM
On Buzz Out Loud yesterday they said it was just a gmail feature and they weren't touting it as a social network thing. So idk, if it is a "social networking site" its fail imo.

That makes more sense. It would be foolish of them to try and compete with the likes of Facebook, would be far easier for them to just buy it lol. I still can't see it becoming anything big though, especially thinking about all the other Google applications which I've barely even heard of, such as the things Jordy mentioned

Blob
10-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Buzz is a bit of a fail to be honest (much like Google Wave). It has some sort of good features but lacks any real functionality.

Agreed. I watched that hour long thing about wave, and I was like "wow brilliant". Got on it and it was confusing as hell, has a brilliant idea just doesn't work how I would want it to work.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!