PDA

View Full Version : Is this computer decent?

AlexOC
10-02-2010, 08:28 PM
For everybody who has 178GB ram and 34tb hardrives and 65 graphics cards, please come down to my level..

i need a cheap computer, for my school and college work, which involves using word, adobe fireworks and maybe final cut pro...

its only £549 and its acer..

AMD Athlon 215 Dual Core processor
4Gb RAM
1Tb hard drive
19in TFT monitor
DVD-RW Super Multi Drive
NVidia GeForce 9200 graphics
Windows 7 Home Premium

to me, for what i need that looks decent, obv for a multimedia computer or a super machine its not very good... but remember, schoolwork!

Much Love, Alex.

Luke
10-02-2010, 08:43 PM
It looks a little pricy for what it is tbh..

Try these:
http://www.ebuyer.com/search?store=5&cat=191

Good prices.

roastchips
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
You wont be able to run Final Cut Pro on that for the pure fact its windows. FCP is mac only.

AlexOC
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
The price of that one i posted is fine.

I want to know about them specs

@above - **** i thought they ported it to windows, oh well, premiere pro is a copy of final cut pro and from adobe so i will just get the suite from TPB.

Jahova
10-02-2010, 08:50 PM

@above - **** i thought they ported it to windows, oh well, premiere pro is a copy of final cut pro and from adobe so i will just get the suite from TPB.
What he means is the price:specification ratio is bad. You can get a better spec for the same price.

roastchips
10-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Nope FCP is mac only, Premier pro may look like FCP but its very different when you start getting into complex editing.

EDIT: How about looking at a mac mini, should fall inside your sorta budget just about ?.

AlexOC
10-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Nope FCP is mac only, Premier pro may look like FCP but its very different when you start getting into complex editing.

EDIT: How about looking at a mac mini, should fall inside your sorta budget just about ?.

Premiere looks very similar on simple editing, its made from Adobe and i know Adobe had a bit of input in the making of FCP.

I'm not a Mac person... Don't want to sound stupid, but i would prefer to do my work on a windows, so i know where i am at. We use Macs at college and i think they are turd.

Luke
10-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Here's just about the same computer (except GFX card) for just over half the price :L

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172709

Christian
10-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Here's just about the same computer (except GFX card) for just over half the price :L

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/172709

That's without a monitor and has Linux on it, that's why.

Grippz
10-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't go for it. If you shop around you can get better specs for the money. However, if you want to throw the money away.. Knock yourself out!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!