PDA

View Full Version : Frost mage help?

The Don
12-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Right, I've recently started playing WoW and decided to make a gnome frost mage after hearing how good they are. I am currently lvl 22, but i've noticed they arent very good at raids like in pvp. I'm always getting owned by rogues, warlocks and hunters. Is it just my awfull playing or are frost mages not very good for pvp? and if they arent what is the best race and class for pvp? Thanks :D

ben
12-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I'd say its just hard to pvp in cloth at that level.

TehJoshy
13-02-2010, 09:47 PM
I played PvP with my mage for a while at level 39, before i thought about leveling it again, i chose fire, and with the right gear i was pretty good !

Axel
13-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Why does everyone assume there is a 'best class'? If there was a best class, wouldn't everyone just roll it?

All of them are balanced, pick a class you like and play it past level 20, where you've hardly played the class at all.

Bailey
13-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Why does everyone assume there is a 'best class'? If there was a best class, wouldn't everyone just roll it?

All of them are balanced, pick a class you like and play it past level 20, where you've hardly played the class at all.

PRIESTS ARE BEST CLASS YO'

DrLacero
14-02-2010, 02:40 AM

If there wasn't a best class, there'd be no need for nerfing and buffing classes ;)

Bailey
14-02-2010, 09:32 AM
If there wasn't a best class, there'd be no need for nerfing and buffing classes ;)

True, for example in the beginning of WoTLK anyone got play a unholy DK in arena and get 2k +

rnix
14-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Every class had its advantages and disadvantages against different classes and if you are geared right then you can play a pretty good character. All this ******** about a "Best Class Guide" is rubbish :) Whatever you feel like you can play and comfortable then play and you will learn to play good.

micky.blue.eyes
14-02-2010, 11:56 AM
One more tip, try to avoid bg's when you level 20-26, you'll probably found several 27-29's who will crush you.

Axel
14-02-2010, 04:47 PM

There's a difference between there being a best class and FOTM.

DrLacero
16-02-2010, 03:14 AM
There's a difference between there being a best class and FOTM.

More people playing a class is not a good reason to nerf them, and I'd wager Blizzard have never done that.

Bailey
16-02-2010, 10:50 AM
More people playing a class is not a good reason to nerf them, and I'd wager Blizzard have never done that.

Ok, lets see.

I cant remember what the patch was called, but it was the one that was the final one before LK.

Ret paladin and Arcane mage became severely OP, so existing paladins went ret and many more rolled them.

Same story with arcane.

Oh and death knights, unholy was FoTM and got severely nerfed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!