PDA

View Full Version : Climategate continues as scientist at centre of row admits no warming since 1995

-:Undertaker:-
14-02-2010, 01:49 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1250872/Climategate-U-turn-Astonishment-scientist-centre-global-warming-email-row-admits-data-organised.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/7232733/Climategate-scientist-says-data-disorganised.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/13/article-1250872-0847D53D000005DC-535_468x295.jpg

The academic at the centre of the ‘Climategate’ affair, whose raw data is crucial to the theory of climate change, has admitted that he has trouble ‘keeping track’ of the information.

Colleagues say that the reason Professor Phil Jones has refused Freedom of Information requests is that he may have actually lost the relevant papers. Professor Jones told the BBC yesterday there was truth in the observations of colleagues that he lacked organisational skills, that his office was swamped with piles of paper and that his record keeping is ‘not as good as it should be’. The data is crucial to the famous ‘hockey stick graph’ used by climate change advocates to support the theory.

Professor Jones also conceded the possibility that the world was warmer in medieval times than now – suggesting global warming may not be a man-made phenomenon. And he said that for the past 15 years there has been no ‘statistically significant’ warming. The admissions will be seized on by sceptics as fresh evidence that there are serious flaws at the heart of the science of climate change and the orthodoxy that recent rises in temperature are largely man-made.

Professor Jones has been in the spotlight since he stepped down as director of the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit after the leaking of emails that sceptics claim show scientists were manipulating data. The raw data, collected from hundreds of weather stations around the world and analysed by his unit, has been used for years to bolster efforts by the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change to press governments to cut carbon dioxide emissions.
At last its all coming out, although i'd like to see how on this forum people see it. Recent opinion polls by the BBC had shown support for the idea of man-made climate change was rapidly declining after a series of leaks and trips involved the hacking of this centre by the Russians and of the revalation that the head of the IPCC (worlds top climate change body) doesnt even have a degree in climatology and is merely a former railway worker.

How convenient that this man lost his papers, probably his most important papers at a time when the entire scam is being exposed - much like Tony Blair 'accidently' shredded his expenses. Do you still believe in man-made global warming and thoughts?

Tash.
14-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Yes I do. The earth cannot take the amount of C02 we are now producing. It was perhaps inevitable as society developed around the world but still, yes I believe it exists.

14-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Yes I do. The earth cannot take the amount of C02 we are now producing. It was perhaps inevitable as society developed around the world but still, yes I believe it exists.

But the temperature hasn't warmed since 1995 and the amount that volcanos are constantly throwing out apparentely is far greater than any amount we put out into the air so how on earth can the earth not take it?- The money involved in this for the government, European Union, green energy companies (which the likes of Al Gore have made millions out of) is astronomical.

Its been exposed now for what it is, a massive lie and i'm glad people are waking up to it.

GommeInc
14-02-2010, 02:26 PM
It's plausible, but the current climate change we are going through seems to be natural. It's common sense, we leave an ice age therefore it gets warmer... Man-made global warming could exist, but doesn't man produce less CO2 now? Seeing as the industrial age, where coal was burned every day is virtually non-existent.

Eoin
14-02-2010, 03:14 PM
I think the planet has a natural cycle of warming and cooling and that man-made CO2 pollution only counts a small percentage towards it.

Technologic
14-02-2010, 08:25 PM
We're still in a bloody ice age. I'm not saying it's warm until we're out of it.

Black_Apalachi
14-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I clicked do not believe but we must account for some portion of global warming, albeit nothing on the grand scale of what is being waved in our faces all the time

DrLacero
15-02-2010, 12:10 AM
This question is not a matter of belief, the evidence strongly suggests that human carbon emissions have an inpact on the global temperature.

15-02-2010, 12:30 AM
This question is not a matter of belief, the evidence strongly suggests that human carbon emissions have an inpact on the global temperature.

The evidence suggests now shows that global temperatures have not risen since 1995, so where is this global warming and its effects from our man-made emissions?

Tash.
15-02-2010, 10:12 AM
The evidence suggests now shows that global temperatures have not risen since 1995, so where is this global warming and its effects from our man-made emissions?

Look, evidence at first suggested that global warming was true. Now what you're trying to get across is that it doesn't and the world hasn't warmed since 1995. But, what exactly stops this from being false too? Nobody knows. I myself would rather err on the side of caution and reduce C02 emissions because no matter what you say, they are not doing this world any good. Not only this but we do need alternative fuel methods anyway because what we have isn't going to last.

Oleh
15-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Okay ive put my argument across to my teachers but them being so far up their arse they dont think its true.

Global warming isnt man made its a natural occurence hence the ice age and stone age, Ice caps are rare and we so happen to be coming out of an ice age which was 8000 years ago, when the ice caps melt we will not go under water due to ice having a higher density than water so the level will more than likely lower.

Please, if you can, correct me on any of my statements - Thanks

15-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Look, evidence at first suggested that global warming was true. Now what you're trying to get across is that it doesn't and the world hasn't warmed since 1995. But, what exactly stops this from being false too? Nobody knows. I myself would rather err on the side of caution and reduce C02 emissions because no matter what you say, they are not doing this world any good. Not only this but we do need alternative fuel methods anyway because what we have isn't going to last.

It obviously did not because temperatures have not risen since 1995 so no, they knew all along and hence why this guy has now 'lost' his paper to support his graph just like Tony Blair 'accidently' shredded his expense papers. On what stops this being false? - well the fact the guy actually refuses to show the paper, the fact they've been caught fixing data to suit their study work, the fact that billions are being made from taxation on this issue and people like Al Gore are benefitting massively with carbon credit schemes.

You say side of caution, but side of caution from what exactly? - theres nothing to be cautious about. The energy side, while I do not agree oil and gas are anywhere near running out (we only use roughly around half of a well and theres still many many despoits to be found and explored) I agree that on the matter of energy security we need to swicth to nuclear energy which would mean our country is not at the hands of Russia, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

The fact they are determined to waste the money on windmills (which you need miles and miles of and thousands and thousands of them to match the power of a small nuclear powerplant) which benefits all these green companies which people like Al Gore have a share of the pie in just goes to show what an absolute scam it is.

DrLacero
16-02-2010, 12:04 AM

"no statistically significant warming" != No Warming

Relevant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMmPtEt8dc).

16-02-2010, 12:18 AM
"no statistically significant warming" != No Warming

Relevant (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvMmPtEt8dc).

No we are not talking about the original source, the original source must be correct because Professor Jones who I mentioned at the top of this thread has said admitted that the earth has not warmed since 1995. Of course in some places it will be warmer, just like in other places it will be cooler however the earth overall is not getting warmer. This also does not combat the fact that the Roman Empire used to be able to grow grapes in the Province of Britannia up north near Hadrians wall, whereas nowadays in the United Kingdom that is impossible as the weather kills the vines off and its barely possible down south.

Sea levels have also not risen.. so where is this global warming? - the fact of the matter is, its all coming out now and the reason they cannot provide the data we ask for regarding the main hockey-stick graph used to support global warming shows what a total and utter sham it is. The fact they no longer like to call it global warming and would rather the term climate change I think gives the whole thing away in one line.

iAdam
16-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I go for the scare mongering explanation, they are scaring the publics into stuff such as this as it draws attention away from the recession and swine flu and whatever you have.

Gullable
17-02-2010, 02:35 PM
even if its not real, i think we should share cars to cut down c02 or w.e and recycle and stuff even if it aint real its worth cutting down a bit..

Black_Apalachi
17-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I don't even know how car-sharing works. Maybe on a big posh estate but there's no chance of it on my road. Hardly anybody even speaks to each other

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!