PDA

View Full Version : [Building] The TARDIS

iBlueBox
16-02-2010, 10:09 AM
we'll i have just finished my updated version of The TARDIS
i decided to change from mode to lodge because i wanted to create some sort of pillars and with mode it looked horrible, and i didn't want it to look too sci-fiey with all sci-fi furniture, and on this one i took more time to create some sort of space thing around it with planets and rainbows and the jellyfish may look odd but i love it as it's just goes nice in the room and looks like some sort of idea of an alien,

http://i50.tinypic.com/261kysi.png

the room is a lot better in game with the flashing light's like stars on the wall also if you have any ideas on how to make the space bit like a bit more spacey please say :)

dogboy123
16-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow, thats amazing :D, really good. Two things are, I hate the space bit with the orange patch, it looks really bad. Maybe put in those ship floors where it looks down onto space? Also With the spotlights, I'd put another lodge at the bottom cause you can see the bottom of it and it kinda ruins it.

+rep

iBlueBox
16-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Wow, thats amazing :D, really good. Two things are, I hate the space bit with the orange patch, it looks really bad. Maybe put in those ship floors where it looks down onto space? Also With the spotlights, I'd put another lodge at the bottom cause you can see the bottom of it and it kinda ruins it.

+rep

ahaha thanks,

but the part with the mars patches well i tried transparent floors and they looked weird with the silver outline , so i'll keep the mars patches unless i find something better their, and the spotlights i had lodge at the bottom but i kind of need the spotlights like that so i can change the colours xD

Ajthedragon
16-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Brilliant, love it. 10/10. Rep+

Nyxs
16-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I do like it,
but i Think you could probably find something better to be the tardis other than Lodge Corners, they dont really give the rustic look of the tardis. Other than that,
i love it XD 8/10 +rep

iBlueBox
16-02-2010, 12:57 PM
i originally had mode and that looked like the classic Tardis what i didn't want it to look like, i tried country stone that just looked a building and and iced made it look like a bouncy castle and so i just went for lodge to use but hopefully habbo will bring new furniture out xD

Pix
16-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Take away the iced sofa it looks pretty weird with everything else and stands out, rest it pretty good ;)

iBlueBox
16-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Take away the iced sofa it looks pretty weird with everything else and stands out, rest it pretty good ;)

ahaha i'm going to keep the iced sofa, as in the tardis theirs like a pilot chair and the iced is what i think looks closer to a pilot chair xD

sammy
16-02-2010, 07:45 PM
oo thats really good :o wd x

Gibs960
16-02-2010, 07:48 PM
looks really good and I really like the spacey thing in the middle :)

Nyxs
16-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Just another Thought ive Had:

Have you considered buildling up the 2 back walls so you have a ceiling, and leave the front open so its like a view in from outside, that way you would get the dome look of the tardis aswell as being able to see all yove done :)

Just pitching ideas :P

djjack..
16-02-2010, 09:48 PM
This is a TARDIS I built a month or two ago, it wasn't based off any of the Doctor's TARDIS designs just a TARDIS in general, the main issue I have with mine, is that it looks quite empty. You could use some ideas that I used, but your's looks really good, The exterior is very busy, but I like it. Especially the Jellyfish. :)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7861/tardis.png (http://img709.imageshack.us/i/tardis.png/)

iBlueBox
17-02-2010, 12:42 AM
This is a TARDIS I built a month or two ago, it wasn't based off any of the Doctor's TARDIS designs just a TARDIS in general, the main issue I have with mine, is that it looks quite empty. You could use some ideas that I used, but your's looks really good, The exterior is very busy, but I like it. Especially the Jellyfish. :)

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7861/tardis.png (http://img709.imageshack.us/i/tardis.png/)

ahaha that looks ok. thanks for the offer on using some of those ideas but i won't use any ideas as that's what i wanted to sort of avoid i didn't want to go too sci-fiey like that xD

syko2006
17-02-2010, 12:45 AM
That's really good, I like how you've made the centre console! :D
What do I have to search to see this? :D

iBlueBox
17-02-2010, 12:55 AM
That's really good, I like how you've made the centre console! :D
What do I have to search to see this? :D

just search Stexual xD

syko2006
17-02-2010, 01:11 AM
just search Stexual xD

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out. :D

Visent
17-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Awesome! I just feel like going in there and messing around with the controls!
Urm... I know you said you changed from Mode to Lodge but, I think if you encased the Lodge at certain parts with Mode, you'll still get the desired effect without making the Tardis look like it's made out of wood.
Urm... Generally most Tardis' do look VERY similar so there is not much to comment on the interior. The exterior with all the planets and stars look's amazing! I also think the Jellyfish does suit the room. Anyway, keep up the good work!

7/10

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!