PDA

View Full Version : Back to Vista from Windows 7

Firehorse
16-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Downgrading to vista from the RC candidate of Windows 7 (since it expires in a few weeks) and I was surprised at how new Vista still feels when newly installed, even still after Windows 7.

I already miss the snap to top and sides feature which I used all the time..

Windows 7 was decently speedier than vista is and has other nice features, but not particularly worth paying for over an already decent operating system that is vista.

Your thoughts on the differences between the two systems...

Lycan
16-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I'd agree Vista is very good , however receiving my copy (of Windows Seven) for free and pre ordering another at £80 some months ago in my eyes made the switch worth it.

GommeInc
16-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Vista was and is still is very good, just once you turn to Windows 7 you really don't need a reason to go back as 7 is built with similar features, as well as new ones which work well together.

Firehorse
16-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Vista was and is still is very good, just once you turn to Windows 7 you really don't need a reason to go back as 7 is built with similar features, as well as new ones which work well together.

Yup, if there was a way I could get a discount as a beta tester and have been able to just put in a code somewhere and not have to do a total re-install I might have considered it, but i'm currently saving for a new gaming PC anyway which i'll cash out a bit more for including W7

HotelUser
16-02-2010, 10:00 PM
It was so immensely crappy when it first came out I'm never touching it again.

Windows 7 or not windows at all for me:)

--liger--
17-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Personally I think Windows Vista was very unstable and not that user friendly. I did however like the look and tricks to it but once you go to 7 there really isn't a going back unless your obsessed with Vista. I think Vista was just a Beta thing for Windows 7 and also Linux was coming out with way more operating systems at the time and started to beat Windows. So personally Vista is a no for me, but 7 will always be in my top ratings. I have Home Premium and think its just right.

But like GommeInc said there really isn't a reason to go back. Windows 7 is stable a little faster and has way cooler features with it. The next big question is Chrome OS. Chrome OS is by Google and it was made from scratch. It's suppose to be the next big thing along with the Tablet PC.

HotelUser
17-02-2010, 09:51 PM
The only good from Vista was its new version of mspaint:P

hamheyelliot
17-02-2010, 10:01 PM
7 is pretty stable for me, even on this crappy Celeron I'm stuck with, but I've still got a partition with XP in case I need some alone time with SimCity 4 (H)

Recursion
17-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Personally I think Windows Vista was very unstable and not that user friendly. I did however like the look and tricks to it but once you go to 7 there really isn't a going back unless your obsessed with Vista. I think Vista was just a Beta thing for Windows 7 and also Linux was coming out with way more operating systems at the time and started to beat Windows. So personally Vista is a no for me, but 7 will always be in my top ratings. I have Home Premium and think its just right.

But like GommeInc said there really isn't a reason to go back. Windows 7 is stable a little faster and has way cooler features with it. The next big question is Chrome OS. Chrome OS is by Google and it was made from scratch. It's suppose to be the next big thing along with the Tablet PC.

Linux catching up to Windows? We'll be long dead before that happens.

Markeh
17-02-2010, 10:29 PM
I was a fan of Vista (one of few people I suspect), but I feel my ~3 years with Vista made me more confident with 7 tbh. Had I been with XP for that amount of time, it would have been more difficult for me to switch. The only thing I hate about 7, and this isn't Microsoft's fault, is it's lack of compatibility with my internet stick (see "Furious With Vodafone" thread in main forum for details).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!