PDA

View Full Version : Agony Aunt - Ends 25th February

leah
17-02-2010, 09:04 PM
If you read various newspapers you'd see that each one has a section dedicated to giving advice and they each have their very own agony aunt! For this competition I'm going to write a relationship problem and you're going to need to give me advice!

My boyfriend's best friend is a girl and I've had a feeling for a while that she dislikes me, she always gives me dirty looks when we're out and she's usually rude but in a subtle way. How can I sort this problem without falling out with my boyfriend about it?

The most constructive and thoughtful advice will win, good luck!

1st Prize: 1 month VIP + 20 rep
2nd Prize: 10 rep

Markeh
20-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Original message:

My boyfriend's best friend is a girl and I've had a feeling for a while that she dislikes me, she always gives me dirty looks when we're out and she's usually rude but in a subtle way. How can I sort this problem without falling out with my boyfriend about it?

And my reply:

Dear hunny,

It appears your bloke's "friend" fancies him. She seems to be trying to nudge you out of the way so she can get her hands on your man. Try and think if you've ever done anything wrong to this girl. Nevermind whether you have or not, try and bond with this girl. Perhaps invite her over for a girly night in, or for a day of retail therapy. This should minimise any problems with your boyfriend, and cure the other problem.

Japan
20-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Dear hunny,

Please get over yourself and just tell the girl that she is upsetting you.

Much love,
The Agony Aunt.

Sharon
20-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Dear Hunny,

It seems that this girl is jealous of the relationship you have with your boyfriend, you need to sit her down and tell her that even though he's your boyfriend they can still be best friends as long as nothing happens whatsoever that shouldn't hopefully she gets the point and you two may get along and maybe even become friends. If this doesn't work tell your boyfriend and ask him to talk to her, after all I'm sure your boyfriend wants both of the most important women in his life to get along!

Love from,
Agony Aunt.

WolfReaperz
21-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Dear Hunny,

It is really obvious this girl is a snob. Tell you're boyfriend that she has been bothering you and try to talk it over with lunch. Maybe even invite her out to do something fun for the both of you that she enjoy's and that you enjoy. See what happens :)

Lots Of Love,
Agony Aunt

Pigperson
21-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Dear Leah,

First of all, if this boyfriend business doesn't work, (from what I can see when you say, "She gives me dirty looks") I think you could maybe take that path. If a girlfriend isn't for you I think you should confront her if you are confident enough and ask her in a nice manner if she dislikes you for any reason. If she gives you a reason, ask her how you can sort it out. If she gets really aggravated by you asking her these questions, then it's impossible to win with her so I would tell your boyfriend about the situation and if he can't sort it, then I would go for someone such as Inseriousity. or Alex3213. I'm sure there are more fish in the see honey.

Agony Aunt

Will :eusa_danc

Mathew
21-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Dear Leah,

There are two meanings for the word "dirty" and I have the feeling she is a lesbian. Inviting her for a girly night in might be the start of something new. Go with the flow.

Agony Aunt

sammy
21-02-2010, 10:02 AM

Dear hunny,

2 things - a) if you have any doubt about your boyfriend's faithfulness - end your relationship! If you even have the slightest worry, your relationship isn't working and you're lacking trust. b) if you don't believe your boyfriend is cheating but you believe his female best friend is trying to push you out of the way, sit down and talk to him. Tell him that anyone can clearly see she is trying to start a relationship with him and that it makes you feel uncomfortable. There are 2 ways this discussion could end in, your boyfriend could agree with you and tell his female best friend that they will never be together. From this, the female best friend could say okay, and back off slightly. The more likely result would be that she would deny fancying him and fall out with him. The other thing your boyfriend could do would be to tell you to stop being stupid, and stick up for his female best friend. If this happens, its for the good because HE doesn't trust you enough to believe you.

hunny, it depends whether you trust him. If you don't, dump him. If you do, sit down with him and wait for whatever should happen to happen!

mgd97
21-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Dear Hunny, It seems that the girl is jelous of your looks or talents and your relationship, If you are doubting your boyfreind talk to him, and make him tell the truth if he has any feelings for you, if you dont trust him just end the relationship because its nothing without trust x

Lots of love,
Agony Aunt

samantha421
21-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Dear Hunny,
His bestfriend may think that you are trying to take her friend away from her. You should tell her that's not the case, you realise that they are bestfriends and they needs time to hang out as well as you and your boyfriend does. On the other hand, she may have thought that her and her bestfriend could have been more than friends and she also doesn't want to ruin the chance, as the girl likes this boy in the same way as you do.

Hope this helps. Agony aunt Samantha x

Fustraton
22-02-2010, 08:11 PM

Dear Hunny,
This is a tough way to conquer it but you have to fight it or you can go to the simple method, to tell your boyfriend to mention to her, "What's wrong with me?" and "Is there a reason about the dirty looks?" etc. Or just tell her yourself. If it gets out of hand (into bullying) tell someone about it, even your boyfriend. I hope this fixes your problem, if not keep trying.

chantellehugs
23-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Dear Hunny,
I think you need to confront your boyfriend's friend about this. Ask her why she feels the need to give you dirty looks. If she refuses to talk, or carries on being mean, ask your boyfriend to watch her when she's around you. He should see the dirty looks, and confront her about it himself!
Agony Aunt x

karter
24-02-2010, 10:12 AM
Dear Hunny,
It looks like the girl is obviously jealous of you , because you have been going out with the guy she PROBABLY likes. It is natural.
Tell this thing to your boyfriend , now he'll decide who he has to choose - The best Friend or Girlfriend
If he doesnt Believe you , then just leave him , because he won't be worth you
God Bless You
Yours
Agony Aunt

mizzme12
24-02-2010, 07:49 PM
tysm for making this ive never won yet :( but there cool i hope ev1 has fun and HUNNY have a lovely dayy!!

mizzme12
24-02-2010, 07:56 PM
tysm for making this ive never won yet :( but there cool i hope ev1 has fun and HUNNY have a lovely dayy!!

gl ev1 i hope you win and gl me

my cousin has a gf shes about 14 13 i dont no and i dont no if she likes me cuz shes a bit nasty and if i knew her i would be scared lol but i pretend i like her :@ if she likes me arghhh! :S

mizzme12
24-02-2010, 07:58 PM
gl ev1 i hope you win and gl me

my cousin has a gf and shes a bit ugly and i dont no if she likes me :l (i dont like her) so im a bit scared lol :(!

Edited by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not multiple post within the editing time.

mizzme12
25-02-2010, 03:58 PM
mizzme12;6330699]my cousin has a gf and shes a bit ugly and i dont no if she likes me :l (i dont like her) so im a bit scared lol :(!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ePeAPMQ_nUmgvM:http://www.netsummary.dk/bianco/images/ugly_girl.jpg (http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.netsummary.dk/bianco/images/ugly_girl.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.netsummary.dk/bianco/uglygirl.html&usg=__xLmwqFSe7sbZgyvrCr-bXKWh_Nk=&h=595&w=420&sz=46&hl=en&start=2&sig2=15_hz7YEpqU_tF7kXaCEIg&itbs=1&tbnid=ePeAPMQ_nUmgvM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=95&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dugly%2Bgirl%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%26tbs %3Disch:1&ei=rJ2GS4TUMsSM4gat3umeDw)ewwwww:S this is how it started! my cuz was walking down the street and bumped into a girl!

so they both helped each other up and smiled and then started talking and became best mates then a bit cheekily she asked him out and he thought about it and they became bf and gf! :@ so i had to live like it and just stay away from her or just talk to her

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!